New Entertainment Weekly Stills

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 21, 2017, 04:28:15 PM

Author
New Entertainment Weekly Stills (Read 22,251 times)

Corporal Hicks

I love that shot of the bombing scene! The city looks fantastic! It's just a shame it's not a Giger city. I know I've said that the production crew said these guys were Engineers and if that's the case, then I'm pretty disappointed in the make-up. I really liked how they looked in Prometheus. I guess Ridley didn't want this particular city to look threatening.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

The architecture kind of reminds me a little of Morocco's "Red City".

There was actually one set report that mentioned they saw photo's of Jerusalem, and cities in Mexico and Morocco pasted up on the "war room".

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 05:27:43 PM
As I said this place is some holy site on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.

For the 99th time: They are the Engineers and Ridley Scott is doing away with that storyline.

rabidranger

Are the Engineers gathered for some sort of event in that domed structure or in response to the juggernaut showing up? It would be interesting if the former and David is making a statement ("I'm your God now"!).

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 21, 2017, 05:53:53 PM
As I said this place is some holy site on some kind of sacred planet if you will. I think those pseudo engineer humanoids are some kind of priests, and they are not the Engineers from the Prometheus. They are not Engineers at all.

For the 99th time: They are the Engineers and Ridley Scott is doing away with that storyline.

For the 99th time that's conjecture on your part.

Imbrie

Imbrie

Leave Enoch alone. Let him cling to the dream.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 21, 2017, 05:55:22 PM

Conjecture like the production crew calling them "the Engineers" and multiple screenings saying the same thing, yes.

Dirty Harry

Bombs away!

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 21, 2017, 05:55:22 PM
Are the Engineers gathered for some sort of event in that domed structure or in response to the juggernaut showing up? It would be interesting if the former and David is making a statement ("I'm your God now"!).

How can it be conjecture when they look like ..... Engineers? Anyway, why would Ridley introduce a new race only for them to be bombed and wiped out by David?

EDIT: do you mean conjecture in regard to Ridley doing away with the Engineers from the storyline rather than the beings not being Engineers?

Enoch

Enoch

Because that is a movie plot... They call them Engineers, yes... so what?
Humans are also engineers in alien universe :)

Imbrie

Imbrie

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 06:05:55 PM

That's not strictly true. Shared DNA, yes, but not 100% the same.

Stolen

Stolen

Everything looks amazing.

19 days yasssss

lv_226

lv_226

Quote from: Enoch on Apr 21, 2017, 06:05:55 PM
Whoa, whoa there now. Hold your horses.

I would agree w/ SpeedyMaxx above us when he says that, whether we like it or not, this is what is happening to the Engineer story-line. Unless, they show up in the follow-up (to wrap into Alien). This gives me hope that we have not yet seen the last of the Engineers.

juxtapose

juxtapose

well chimps share similar dna to humans. .i am to lazy to go google the percentage exact. .but it.s like way up their. .and they all hairy and shit and they really don't look all that much like as either. .anyway i am sure their will be some explanation why they look like the way they do. .asuming they are even engineers. .just because the set designers called them engineers it does'nt mean they have privy to the entire plot of the movie. . . . And it would be stupid to asume that. .

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 21, 2017, 05:24:22 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 21, 2017, 05:15:43 PM
Quote from: Evanus on Apr 21, 2017, 05:08:25 PM
It looks fantastic, but I still don't like the idea of David wiping out the engineers. And I hate how these engineers look. They look like sh*t compared to the engineers from Prometheus.

Yeah, that shot doesn't make them look very good. They look like a lot of cranky, constipated old men from a retirement community that are mad because they ran out of prune juice.

Why don't you like David wiping out all the Engineers?
I completely agree with your description of these engineers.  :D

But I don't like David wiping them out, because it seems lazy. Like the filmmakers didn't know what to do with them, so they decided to just kill them. I mean, the engineers were such an important part of Prometheus, and I was looking forward to seeing them again in their home world. And then David comes by and kills them all.  :-\

Yeah, I can agree with this. There was a lot of interesting material that could've been explored. I would've liked to have seen David and Shaw working with the Engineers and then something happens to make David destroy them. I hoping we get some kind of reason for it. Which I'm sure we will.

juxtapose

juxtapose

like the neo is related to the xeno. .these beings mignt be related to the engineers. .who knows. .lets wait and see. .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed