Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 133,742 times)

SpeedyMaxx

I know what I'd do (and how I'd fix any future David problem), but I'm keeping that in a drawer. I just wish they hadn't so wasted the opportunities of the ending of the previous film, in spite of its flaws. But I suspect this one will be considerably more popular with the public, and that's their interest.

Necronomicon II

JJ Abrams probably has something in his drawer too (shudder). ;D

Richman678

Not really liking all this CGI.

ElCanadianmatador

ElCanadianmatador

They should never had shown the Backbuster derioudly this is a stupid decision by the marketing team. This could hae been such a good surprise in theater... but no.

cliffhanger

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 22, 2017, 01:14:39 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 01:09:42 PM
I don't care they call them deadgineers. doesnt prove anything.

K

i assume you've taken the time to check out fassbenders new quote matching the vase-dropping scene?
how much more proof do you want they're not engineers but humans.....

Elder-wolf

Heres another theory, engineers wanted to wipe  out humanity,, they were becoming few in numbers, and with not enough engineers to control what they created they decide to destroy., why? Because we are hostile and there would be no way for them to defend themswlves if we came looking.. on the other hand im sure they tried to tweak the black goo into something they could benefit from. but it went wrong.. the infection turned bad killing off what was left of them 2,000 years ago. To use it on humanity would mean they could study it more after they see what it can do to us. Also destroying us could be to protect their work since they slowly dying out.

rabidranger

Quote from: Elder-wolf on Apr 23, 2017, 12:28:40 AM
Heres another theory, engineers wanted to wipe  out humanity,, they were becoming few in numbers, and with not enough engineers to control what they created they decide to destroy., why? Because we are hostile and there would be no way for them to defend themswlves if we came looking.. on the other hand im sure they tried to tweak the black goo into something they could benefit from. but it went wrong.. the infection turned bad killing off what was left of them 2,000 years ago. To use it on humanity would mean they could study it more after they see what it can do to us. Also destroying us could be to protect their work since they slowly dying out.

Didn't Scott tie in the Engineers' plan to destroy humanity with specific events occurring on earth at that time or am I off base on that? I take it the result of that plan would be similar to what happens to the inhabitants of Paradise at the hand of David?

Predaker

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 23, 2017, 12:43:40 AM
Didn't Scott tie in the Engineers' plan to destroy humanity with specific events occurring on earth at that time or am I off base on that?

The crucifixion of Jesus, if you'd like.

rabidranger

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 12:52:28 AM
Didn't Scott tie in the Engineers' plan to destroy humanity with specific events occurring on earth at that time or am I off base on that?

That's what I thought. Must have been an Engineer emissary!

Predaker

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 23, 2017, 12:53:38 AM

I remember something about Scott deciding against having it that explicit within the film but the implication is still there for those who'd like it.

kwisatz

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 23, 2017, 01:00:17 AM

I remember something about Scott deciding against having it that explicit within the film but the implication is still there for those who'd like it.

Dont forget this Jesus impersonator:

Adorianu

Jesus was Engineer? xD hmm so he probably looked like that:

acidreign

Jesus as an Engineer was an idea that was tossed around but ultimately discarded IIRC. There is a reference to the concept in the Spaihts draft of what became Prometheus but it's mentioned in kind of a joking, dismissive way.

St_Eddie

Quote from: acidreign on Apr 23, 2017, 08:37:18 AM
Jesus as an Engineer was an idea that was tossed around but ultimately discarded IIRC. There is a reference to the concept in the Spaihts draft of what became Prometheus but it's mentioned in kind of a joking, dismissive way.

I suspect that Ridley Scott still considers 'Jesus was an Engineer' as being canonical because of the carbon dating reference in 'Prometheus' ("2000 years old"); implying that it was humanity crucifying an Engineer embassy which pissed off the Engineers and made them want to wipe us out.  However, he chose not to make it overt because and I quote, "it was too on the nose".  It's all very silly, in my opinion.

cliffhanger

it really only complicated things more, without it making any sense whatsoever.

there is no way on earth 'Jesus' can be described as an 'engineer' in any way whatsoever, which would make it more the silly indeed.
interestingly though, 2000 years ago the Roman era was alive and kicking, and i can't but help feel it's rather coincidental that the 'enginumans' from the paradise planet live in a rather roman-like influenced civilization - even though there are quite the high-rise skyscrapers, too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed