Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 133,735 times)

The_Foxcatcher

Those are NOT the Engineers. 

The Engineers in Prometheus had big alien-ish eyes with large glowing Black Iris. And their skin was very translucent. That's the major prominent differentiation.

The men in jute clothing are a different race of Humans the Engineers created. They seem to be in an ancient roman civilization stage like that of Earth humans. Their skin colour is close to humans on Earth and not at all like the Engineers.

The Engineers in Prometheus decided to end all human race they ever created including on Earth and including those on the planet Covenant ship is visiting.

Its quite possible that David & Shaw boarded the ship which was programmed & destined for this planet. When they reached the planet, the ship automatically opened its doors and unleashed the Black goo while David just watched.

x-M-x

We've yet to see the *Space Jockey* you know what i'm talking about.. that 12 to 15ft monster lol...

My guess would be, David creates the eggs at some point and manages to create 100000+ of them? puts them on a very old ship (Derelict) where the pilot seat is massive (takes a 12ft/15ft Jockey and we finally see the SJ and david have a chat? lol and he orders him to earth (but en route) an egg is hatched and manages to get the Jockey. (Crash/emergency landing via LV_426

That's how i would see it go down after covenant maybe in awaking or whatever the 3rd movie will be called.

David created the xenomorphs as we know them, (they've been around a long time in bastard form or weak form) but he perfected them.

Perfect Organism

yay/nay? lol

SiL

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Apr 22, 2017, 11:52:54 AM
Its quite possible that David & Shaw boarded the ship which was programmed & destined for this planet. When they reached the planet, the ship automatically opened its doors and unleashed the Black goo while David just watched.
They set the course and leave for there at the end of Prometheus, it's not pre-programmed.

cliffhanger

I find it funny that there are members here so prominently advocating they are 'in the know' because they say so?
whatever, really. get a grip and drop some arrogance.

"they're engineers".

-There is no way of knowing, so there is no way of saying it like it's fact.

"shaw is dead"

-again, nobody knows for sure.

"spoiler thread with leaks".

- GTFO, there are dozens of contradicting 'leaks', there is no way to be sure what is real and not, what has changed, whether it's trollmaterial, and so on.

"david creates them"

-again, assumptions, not facts.

Adorianu

Adorianu

Quote from: The_Foxcatcher on Apr 22, 2017, 11:52:54 AM
Those are NOT the Engineers. 

The Engineers in Prometheus had big alien-ish eyes with large glowing Black Iris. And their skin was very translucent. That's the major prominent differentiation.

The men in jute clothing are a different race of Humans the Engineers created. They seem to be in an ancient roman civilization stage like that of Earth humans. Their skin colour is close to humans on Earth and not at all like the Engineers.

The Engineers in Prometheus decided to end all human race they ever created including on Earth and including those on the planet Covenant ship is visiting.

But i think there was already official information that this is Engineers homeworld?
And those white people look same like Engineers from that deleted scene in Prometheus,people with robes also changing the eye colour could be just for aesthetics,and its not "roman civilization stage" because you can see in those Empire pictures that there is HUGE mechanical construction that looks like sting of the scoripion.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2017, 11:24:02 AM
But if David creates the Alien, the Engineer couldn't have died millenia ago with a cargo hold full of eggs. That's the question being raised: if David makes the Alien, who's in the chair?

Oh, we misunderstood each other; I was actually talking about who was in the chair if David didn't do it.

But since you asked the other question, I think the same answer is actually possible for both instances. Based on what Scott is now gabbing about in the press I'd suspect David doesn't just create/remake the alien, he also fabricates the eggs which end up in the hold on the derelict. He goes to LV-426 and puts them there or works on the existing material on-site. The jockey does not necessarily have to be relevant to that. It's entirely possible he can simply find a dead Engineer onboard that ship in the chair - as in, the jockey - just like the Prometheus expedition found the dead Engineers on 223.

That being said, yes, I'm now fearing Scott won't just have David perfect the alien, he'll have someone (like maybe even David himself, as some sort of ironic fate) in the suit, in the chair, as the jockey. Doesn't matter who at the moment. I don't like the idea but I think it's very possible this will happen in future. Personally I'd prefer they not touch it.

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 12:32:50 PM
-There is no way of knowing, so there is no way of saying it like it's fact.

The production crew and multiple preview audiences have told you it is Engineers. This is the opposite of 'no way of knowing.' You don't want to believe it because you don't like what you hear. That's not anyone's fault.

Quote"shaw is dead"

-again, nobody knows for sure.

See above response re: previews.

Evanus

Yeah, it's pretty clear these are engineers. I don't like it either, but it's the truth.

If they weren't engineers, we would've already known about it.

cliffhanger

lol, some mentiones in articles that people wrote with their hands tied for not spoilering, and production crewmembers that likewise can't reveal spoilers and simply said understandable stuff.

keep concluding stuff from sources you can't do anything with.

and just fyi, i don't care if they are or are not engineers. i do have aproblem with stating assumptions - which can be very wrong - as fact.

like the persistant stubborn self-glorification acts to label the scorpionaut as a 'docking station', without end. i like what has been mentioned by another member. 'stop trying to make ......happen'. jeesh.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 12:57:50 PM
lol, some mentiones in articles that people wrote with their hands tied for not spoilering, and production crewmembers that likewise can't reveal spoilers and simply said understandable stuff.

They called them 'deadgineers', dude.

Quoteand just fyi, i don't care if they are or are not engineers. i do have aproblem with stating assumptions - which can be very wrong - as fact.

Was it you who assumed Shaw was a mutant/queen or being stabbed based on weird angles in that Home TV spot?

Quotelike the persistant stubborn self-glorification acts to label the scorpionaut as a 'docking station', without end.

Maybe people call it that because it looks and performs like a docking device. Not 'the one Engineer ship we will definitely see escaping so I am not deeply disappointed by this plot twist.'

cliffhanger

No, i did not assume Shaw was mutaded or stabbed, on the contrary actually. so you're assuming and judging rather wrong there.

I don't care they call them deadgineers. doesnt prove anything.

'looks and performs'. David looks like a human but is an android.

SiL

The fact the film crew called them Engineers doesn't mean they're Engineers?

... a'ight.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 22, 2017, 01:09:42 PM
I don't care they call them deadgineers. doesnt prove anything.

K

Necronomicon II

Necronomicon II

Frankly it's perfectly fine to expect some level of variation among the engineers owing to different environments and climates if they're a deep space traveling species, there seems to be some evidence of hierarchy to some degree as well given the statues and heads. Each citizen would have a role to play and I very much doubt that they'd all be involved with utilizing dangerous biology/tech, there'd all still be the same species however.                                                                                                                                                                                                                            As for what could potentially happen on 426 with David's shenanigans, I like the idea of David finding the derelict pretty much the same way Kane and co did obviously minus the eggs, I very much agree with speedy that Prometheus contextualised the fate of the derelict pilot, however given Scott's trajectory with coming into the "backend" of Alien then I just have no idea how they're going to approach it at this stage. I'm hoping they dive deep into Giger's works and cook up something insane, but yeah, I have no idea, I guess time will tell.

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Necronomicon II on Apr 22, 2017, 01:31:37 PM
Frankly it's perfectly fine to expect some level of variation among the engineers owing to different environments and climates if they're a deep space traveling species, there seems to be some evidence of hierarchy to some degree as well given the statues and heads.

Possible, yes. But I think the biggest reason for the change is simple and banal, as has been mentioned by others - budget. Easier to mock up a bunch of heads in a crowd scene with less overt makeup.

QuoteAs for what could potentially happen on 426 with David's shenanigans, I like the idea of David finding the derelict pretty much the same way Kane and co did obviously minus the eggs, I very much agree with speedy that Prometheus contextualised the fate of the derelict pilot, however given Scott's trajectory with coming into the "backend" of Alien then I just have no idea how they're going to approach it at this stage.

I just feel that Scott now views this new 'trilogy' (or whatever it ends up being) as David's story - his narrative, his journey. And I can understand that; David as played by Fassbender is a fascinating character gifted with a magnetic actor. Scott is clearly infatuated with David. But I don't feel that means it has to be David's journey through the immediate past of Alien in which he suddenly becomes the change agent that puts the entire franchise into motion. I think that's silly and diminishes the original film. I also find what they are apparently doing with David to be severely reducing his complexity to that of another black had mad scientist.

I don't like the idea of David creating the alien, or seeding the ship. I find the idea that those eggs only turned up 20 years prior to Alien to be incredibly silly, just as I find the idea of an android only making the alien 20 years before to be silly. YMMV of course, but I wanted to explain why I feel Scott has taken this approach. I just find it so unneeded.

Necronomicon II

Yeah often it's the banal reason, then rationalized as something else; elaborate 'maybes', perhaps the elders select for the truly exceptional engineers to seed worlds, create beasties, etc, where everyone else is left toiling, creating monuments and engaging in libations. You know what they'll probably release some blu-ray extra with an engineer bible explicating their entire history, religion, etc, since it seems that David will be the focus from here on out. I'm hoping for some other 'big bad', but I won't hold my breath.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed