Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 138,153 times)

KillCrites

These new pictures of the Neomorph are SO BADASS.

lv_226

Out first shot of post-Prometheus David, he looks like a fallen angel (hence the whole Paradise Lost thing). The Engineer city.... WOW! I agree, however, that the Engineers here look more human-almost like the underground civilization beings from Dark City. The movie looks amazing. Hicks is right when he says that this looks like a second shot at what Prometheus should have been; the shot or the Neomorph standing over a dead body looks like one of the concept art pieces of the beluga alien standing over a body (shot for shot).

Beardomorph

I don't get people's complaints about the Engineers ???

You people know how different humans can look, right? The engineers from Prometheus were 2000 years old -  at least - and were a faction of Engineers that must have been specifically created/trained to serve in their version of the military/space program. There wasn't a rule in place saying that all engineers must look alike.

Is the complaint that they don't look otherworldly enough? I would actually agree with that, I don't mind that all Engineers don't look alike, but something a bit more... "alien" ;D or in any case less human-looking would have been more exciting.

Regarding spoilers and articles, I think this one was my limit! I'm going to "try" ;D not to spoil myself any further until the movie hits.

dlb

dlb

Jesus, that IS some spoiler heavy stuff! How are they even allowed to print this?

But wow, can't believe how awesome the Alien looks this time around. Really fantastic and quite interesting what subtle changes in design can do to a well known creature. That might be the most awesome anf fiercesome looking Alien since Alien3. Really, really fond of this.

And hell, the CItadel looks massive and epical as hell. Yet, I am with you guys... the Eningeers depicted look more or less like Neanderthals and have nothing to do with the grace and elegance we saw in Prometheus, whether it is the sacrificial engineer or the last one. They have a very fleshy, brute and grounded look and fell to them which is even more apparent with their clothing... the crew and article referring to them as Engineers has me frustrated a bit. This is no way in vein of what has been established, but the scene itself looks amazing still. I hope they elaborate on that, and those beings are not the Engineers from Prometheus, but rather a fraction or maybe even human-like aliens that whorship the actual Engineers.

Other than that, David looks fantastic, the Alien and Neomorph got me hyped as hell and this whole thing has me colored excited as never before with this movie. 4 weeks to go.

lv_226

lv_226

I don't think they look otherworldly enough-I like how you presented that. The Engineers in Prometheus didn't look alike either, despite them being of similar stature. What would work better is for them to have black eyes just like the two in Prometheus did, that would at least make it believe as in "yeah, these are Engineers for sure, I remember the albino creatures from Prometheus!"

On second viewing (the better scans on the front page) the Engineers do have black eyes.

Evanus

The engineers in Prometheus are beautiful, and somewhat intimidating. These engineers just look boring and goofy.

But perhaps these are a different faction of engineers or something like that, which could explain why they look so different.

Beardomorph

Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 15, 2017, 12:20:42 PMWhat would work better is for them to have black eyes just like the two in Prometheus did, that would at least make it believe as in "yeah, these are Engineers for sure, I remember the albino creatures from Prometheus!"

Sure, fair point. I agree.

Is it possible the look of these Engineers are a budget thing?

lv_226

Quote from: Beardomorph on Apr 15, 2017, 12:29:11 PM
Quote from: lv_226 on Apr 15, 2017, 12:20:42 PMWhat would work better is for them to have black eyes just like the two in Prometheus did, that would at least make it believe as in "yeah, these are Engineers for sure, I remember the albino creatures from Prometheus!"

Sure, fair point. I agree.

Is it possible the look of these Engineers are a budget thing?

Sure, why not? There are hundreds, if not thousands of Engineers in this city and it would be impractical to hire a ton of seven foot plus actors to fulfill the requirement of this scene. Plus, as stated above, the bald heads and black eyes denote enough of the qualities from
Prometheus that it fulfills on that front (even the sacrificial Enginner at the beginning of Prometheus was wearing a cloak, insinuating that he isn't always walking around semi-nude). Also, in order to fit the scale of the city I think that the most practical approach was to "civilize" the Engineers. I still think that they are not telling us everything about them. There is still too much mystery between the Engineers on LV-223, the ones in Covenant, and whatever the hell the one on LV-426 even is.

bloated_imp

It's stated in the article by the production designer, that the Engineers are not necessarily a race but a civilization. So I think that confirms these are not exactly the same Engineers as in Prometheus.

(Long time lurker here - thought I'd finally make an account. Hello everyone!)

426Buddy

Quote from: bloated_imp on Apr 15, 2017, 12:45:24 PM
It's stated in the article by the production designer, that the Engineers are not necessarily a race but a civilization. So I think that confirms these are not exactly the same Engineers as in Prometheus.

(Long time lurker here - thought I'd finally make an account. Hello everyone!)

Welcome! ;D

dlb

Well, dozens of movies managed to incorporate large crowds of beings looking very much alike. My impression would be that you'd only need a handfull of people dressed as Engineers for close ups, whereas the rest is just CGI and some rendering.

I certainly hope they got something to tell on this matter. At least, we need enough backstory to justfiy two more movies that Ridley is talking about. I can't imagine that these will solely be based on the Alien and how it became "biomechnical". There just has to be a lot more backstory behind the Engineers or Space Jockey or whatever it is that created us, the Alien etc.

Fatboy40

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 15, 2017, 12:41:50 AM
I'm not seeing the deviantART myself. But who reads or subscribes to Empire anymore?

I get mine free with my Lloyds bank account... but I wouldn't buy it if I had to pay for it.

Ultramorph

Wow! The Engineer city looks great! Loving the Neomorph and the xeno. I'll echo the comment that this looks like what I was expecting going into Prometheus. 4 more weeks!

Tonehound

Whoah!
That looks freakn epic!
I cannot wait to see this movie ♠️

426Buddy

Bambi burster looks amazing but was kinda hoping to see a classic burster.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed