Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 15, 2017, 12:04:43 AM

Author
Empire's ALIEN COVENANT Exclusive Cover, and Image Scans Revealed!! (Read 133,744 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote   The queen is back... Ridley Scott soon returns to the Alien universe he began in 1979 with the latest instalment: Alien: Covenant. To mark the occasion, we've welcomed the iconic xenomorph back to the cover of the world's biggest movie magazine. As usual, Empire subscribers are getting their own limited edition design; here's what will be landing on their doormats this month.

Designed by graphic designer Jacey, the cover features Scott's fearful creature in gorgeously-designed embossed cardboard, featuring the famous quote from the original film: "Unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality..."

Subscribers should be getting their copies any day now; for the rest of you, the new issue of Empire arrives in all good and evil newsagents from Thursday 20 April, with that cover still to be revealed.

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-alien-covenant-subscriber-exclusive-cover-revealed/ 

Avpgalaxy member Gazz has provided images from the magazine!! Via imgur!!

http://m.imgur.com/a/FZZqP

SiL

Jesus Christ that's some DeviantART level stuff. And not good DeviantART.

echobbase79

At least it has the Ash quote on there.

Pvt. Himmel

Geez you people are never satisfied. ::) :P

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

This is delicious.

Alien is king again. AvP:R was dark days. Dark days. We've endured the Batman & Robins, now it's our turn to experience some Batman Begins'.

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 12:33:32 AM
It's a bad picture, dude. If I'd kept my subscription to Empire I'd probably opt not to get this. :P It's like a bad fan art of the cover of Giger's Alien, but in the style of the AvPR PredAlien poster.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: SiL on Apr 15, 2017, 12:37:25 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 12:33:32 AM
It's a bad picture, dude. If I'd kept my subscription to Empire I'd probably opt not to get this. :P It's like a bad fan art of the cover of Giger's Alien, but in the style of the AvPR PredAlien poster.

There is another variant cover yet to be revealed!!

Also.... Notice it says the Queen is back?? Is there a queen in Covenant??

The Joker

Honestly, it's fine. At least it isn't as bad as some of the Entertainment Weekly previews in the past.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I don't really hate the cover. It just has that been there done that kind of feel to it. They should've used an image from the movie.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 15, 2017, 12:39:27 AM
I don't really hate the cover. It just has that been there done that kind of feel to it. They should've used an image from the movie.

There will be a second cover Reveal soon.

SpeedyMaxx

I'm not seeing the deviantART myself. But who reads or subscribes to Empire anymore?

SiL

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 15, 2017, 12:38:26 AM
There is another variant cover yet to be revealed!!
Here's hoping it rocks :)

QuoteAlso.... Notice it says the Queen is back?? Is there a queen in Covenant??
Probably not.

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 15, 2017, 12:41:50 AM
I'm not seeing the deviantART myself.
It's the amateur proportions and half-assing the hand that's really standing out to me.

SpeedyMaxx

I think the hand is a bit lunky but I don't have a problem with its proportions. The cover is ok to me.

echobbase79

Did that article confirm a Queen is in the movie?

"The queen is back"

SuicideDoors

Ive been waiting for this! :o didn't think Alien would ever be an A-list property again but this goes someway to reinstating its glamour once more.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed