The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette

Started by puscyfer, Apr 12, 2017, 06:16:23 AM

Author
The Next Chapter - New Alien: Covenant Featurette (Read 43,287 times)

John Doe

I like how Ridley shows a Peter Weyland older than how he looked on Ted Talk.

lv_226

Quote from: John Doe on Apr 12, 2017, 11:56:32 PM
I like how Ridley shows a Peter Weyland older than how he looked on Ted Talk.
Well, the AI stuff did happen after the TED talk.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

That running neo tho

Sabres21768

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Apr 13, 2017, 01:49:39 AM
That running neo tho
Would someone be willing to get a screenshot of it? I just don't want to watch the whole video.

SpeedyMaxx

It's like 3 minutes long.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 12, 2017, 04:49:45 PM
It's not like he's ever going to publicly say "it was deeply flawed" or "pure shit"* just to satisfy a corner of the Internet. That's not what most filmmakers at that level do.

(* - not necessarily characterizations I agree with on either count, though I do think the film is flawed)

There's a difference between not bad-mouthing something and actively upholding it as an example of what he considers to be scary. This potentially has direct consequences for the direction of this new film. The concern has always been that this sequel might simply give us more of the same, rather than acknowledging the predecessor's flaws and trying to correct/improve upon them.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Apr 12, 2017, 05:02:03 PM
But I have to admit that A:C looks pretty menacing.

In fairness, so did the first 'Prometheus' trailer, which ultimately sold us a very different atmosphere to what we actually got.

bobcunk

Is it supposed to be choppy? its like watching a webcam.

The real AG

I maybe wrong, but it looked more like the Juggernaut just drastically slowed down from some sort of hyper speed mode.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 13, 2017, 04:23:42 AM
There's a difference between not bad-mouthing something and actively upholding it as an example of what he considers to be scary. This potentially has direct consequences for the direction of this new film. The concern has always been that this sequel might simply give us more of the same, rather than acknowledging the predecessor's flaws and trying to correct/improve upon them.

That's just not what 90% of major studio filmmakers do with films like this. Prometheus was flawed but it wasn't Plan 9.

I personally am skeptical about the film on some levels and don't think Covenant is likely to be the greatest thing since sliced bread myself, but I can recognize when you're putting an undue and unrealistic expectation on a commercial filmmaker in their PR blitz. It's simply not realistic to expect a major filmmaker to go out there on the press junket when he did the last one as well and say 'I want angry nerds to know I have heard them and I apologize.' He's not a politician caught in a sex scandal. A studio wouldn't allow that. What you're talking about does not generally happen except in select cases.

Godzillakuj94

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 13, 2017, 04:20:05 AM
It's like 3 minutes long.
Guess I just meant I didn't want to watch it in case of any spoilers beside the Neomorph.

bobcunk

bobcunk

locusta

Quote from: bobcunk on Apr 13, 2017, 04:43:33 AM

Yeah, I nag now. Don´t wanna spoil the show, but me not so happy with the little Neomorph CGI here. At least in these snippets it looks terrible obvious digital. :/

Well, might be not the final material we see here. Let´s hope.

JCDenton

JCDenton

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 12, 2017, 11:35:25 PM
Quote from: SM on Apr 12, 2017, 11:14:43 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Apr 12, 2017, 10:57:36 PM

Correction it actually is 7 moons!! :o

Where are you seeing seven?  There looks to be a Moons entry on the planet profile but it's very blurred.  Does it say '07'?

It looks like 07.

Thank you. I wanted this to end once and for all the idea that Paradise could be LV-426. That`d be the dumbest thing ever - even beyond AvP:R.

The planet parameters are all different from LV-426, so THIS IS NOT the same planet/moon ;)

juxtapose

. .i have watched it like 4 times and it's great. .my anticipation is sky high!. .yet their is one thing i keep missing. .were do you c the running neo?. .i have seen the sceenshots. .but were exactly is it in the featurette?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed