Arnold talks about The Predator

Started by The Wolverine Predator, Apr 05, 2017, 09:50:01 PM

Author
Arnold talks about The Predator (Read 72,666 times)

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 11:36:51 AM
It's a fantastic childish turd!

And again, Arnold's role was a setup for a large role in future. But hey, whatever.

Spoiler
Who wants a setup when Dutch hires a 10 years old autistic kid in his task force ? :laugh: Children ?
[close]
It's Robocop 3 all over again.

SpeedyMaxx

Would it help if I told you that it is made explicit that the dreaded 'spider-Predators' are not the norm?

No? Oh well, I tried! :D

Russ

Russ

That's a shame. I bet they could get the actress from "Predators" though... Is it Anna Maria Braggia? Or Danny Glover.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Apr 06, 2017, 11:41:13 AM
It's a fantastic childish turd!

And again, Arnold's role was a setup for a large role in future. But hey, whatever.

Spoiler
Who wants a setup when Dutch hires a 10 years old autistic kid in his task force ? :laugh: Children ?
[close]
It's Robocop 3 all over again.

"Children? In my Predator movie?!"

Quote from: Russ on Apr 06, 2017, 11:43:07 AM
That's a shame. I bet they could get the actress from "Predators" though... Is it Anna Maria Braggia? Or Danny Glover.

Nobody cares about either one of those characters tbh

SiL

SiL

Which assumes the movie does well enough to get a sequel.

Predators wanted one, and look how that turned out.

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2017, 11:55:27 AM
Which assumes the movie does well enough to get a sequel.

Predators wanted one, and look how that turned out.

This ain't Predators, which IMO looked and felt tossed off from beginning to end despite being passable. I have relatively little doubt Shane Black will make the studio their money with the general audience, same as IM3. My concern is that the raging fanboys will make the studio skittish.

SiL

SiL

I have a feeling you're underestimating the negative capabilities "Kid flies a Predator ship" can have on marketing for this kind of movie :P

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 11:42:59 AM
Would it help if I told you that it is made explicit that the dreaded 'spider-Predators' are not the norm?

Wait are you saying there's no spider Predators? [emoji848] lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: SiL on Apr 06, 2017, 12:03:01 PM
I have a feeling you're underestimating the negative capabilities "Kid flies a Predator ship" can have on marketing for this kind of movie :P

And I have a feeling you've overestimating how much the general audience is gonna give a shit about or even notice the nerd rage on forums like these.

It didn't keep 'em away from Iron Man 3 and I personally very much doubt it will here given the cast assembled and the potential to cherry-pick pretty good material and dialogue for the trailers and TV spots. Further, there is plenty of action and carnage with the adults and I don't think they're likely to show Jacob Tremblay flying the ship up front.

If it doesn't do well I frankly feel it'll be because Predator as a brand may just be tired. Predators was a reasonably inoffensive, cheap sequel that felt cheap, The Predator is a big-budget A-list creative project. If both were to fail then making another 'hardcore jungle hunt' movie is IMO not likely to produce bigger results than either of the other two.

Quote from: The Wolverine Predator on Apr 06, 2017, 12:05:45 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 11:42:59 AM

Wait are you saying there's no spider Predators? [emoji848] lol

I said any alleged spider creature or hybrid is notably not the norm or a natural evolution of the Predator species.

The Wolverine Predator

I'm calling it now, 2018 movie of the year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The leaked script....it is fake. Dekker said it himself. So spiders predators, giant predators etc.? Is it true or not?

hfeldhaus

No Arnold? No point!

I suspect this will be the last Predator film for a long time.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 11:43:33 AM
Nobody cares about either one of those characters tbh.

My thought was that by including Dutch, they'd want to a tie-in to previous movies in the franchise. If not Dutch, then AN Other would do.

SpeedyMaxx

I think it's more likely that if there's no Dutch (and I am not convinced there isn't) they'll slug in some other bit for the very end. But I don't think the answer will be Mike Harrigan or (God forbid) anyone from Predators.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 06, 2017, 12:06:31 PM
And I have a feeling you've overestimating how much the general audience is gonna give a shit about or even notice the nerd rage on forums like these.
Why do you think it's only people "nerd raging"? Predator appeals to a very general audience, but it's a general audience of people who like adult-oriented sci-fi action. Big guns, big monsters, and lots of carnage.

And that's not typically the kind of audience that thinks kids flying Predator space ships is just the bees' f**king knees.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed