Alien Day 2017

Started by locusta, Mar 27, 2017, 10:34:01 AM

Author
Alien Day 2017 (Read 46,870 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 10:32:12 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSaVsc2DoPE/

Here's the video I attempted to link to above, from LuisNostromo on Instagram.

:o New Trailer Incoming perhaps??

Thanks Hicks. 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it's gonna be an announcement of everything coming out on Alien Day, like this one: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2016/03/29/426-alien-day-celebrations/

And no worries.  :)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Awesome. Cant wait to find out what we could be getting lol

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 03, 2017, 09:55:36 AMI've also got another little teaser video to share with you all later, followed by some intel from Fox about an hour later.  :)

My first chance to post an exclusive and you've usurped me! (Assuming it's the same thing...) :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They get in touch with the Wikia?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Facebook after tracking me down via it, yes.

On which note, they've just launched their new Alien Universe website, which features some promotional pieces for Covenant as well as the first details of Alien Day 2017!

And yes, that was the video :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

The website went up earlier than I was expecting!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Few more details from Bloody Disgusting.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3430628/alien-day-prepares-covenant-theatrical-release-original-1979-film-prometheus/

QuoteFans can own the complete ALIEN Universe on Blu-ray featuring four limited-edition Mondo ALIEN movie poster cards. Available exclusively at Wal-Mart and Walmart.com on April 18.

Fans should stay tuned for product announcements, limited edition releases and exciting unveils to take place in the weeks ahead and through the theatrical premiere of ALIEN: COVENANT. Among the key licensees joining the ALIEN DAY celebration: Dark Horse Comics, Audible, Titan, NECA, Hallmark, PPW Toys, Cool Props, Funko and more.

Fox Consumer Products is also partnering with multiple retailers including BoxLunch, FYE/TWE, Books-A-Million, and Spencer's Gifts, which will showcase exclusive ALIEN franchise merchandise, celebrating the day with in-store activations, and social media sweepstakes.

And look out for a special ALIEN DAY broadcast message from Madame Tussauds with further details of a terrifying arrival at one of their iconic locations this summer.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

I was quite intrigued at their fan-art contest and then read the rules:

QuoteNo gratuitous violence. No guns pointed directly at viewer or appearing threatening. No children carrying guns and weapons. No dead bodies. No implied actions of violence, or actions of immediate danger. No Blood or gore. No cruelty to people or animals.

So, virtually no firearms which could be construed as being posed in a "threatening" way and nothing even implying any suggested violence, "immediate danger" or even hints of cruelty... That's going to be 99% of all 'Alien'-themed submissions thrown out. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I found that one a bit odd. I guess they're just looking at the creature angle.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Maybe I will finally break a box of Upper Deck Alien Anthology.

Oh wait, nm. Too pricey now :P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've been trying to find out if Upper Deck are doing any for Covenant but I've not gotten anywhere with that.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

What are they thinking :P
Hopefully the marketing and distribution will be much improved.

Deadmeat

Deadmeat

I think it's absolutely wonderful the Alien: Covenant sponsors are willing to fund a whopping 109.99$ worth of their own merchandise to 1 (one) grand winner of the fanart contest! :)

On a side note - could we get a specialized font for sarcasm?

Anthony

Anthony

Screenings of Alien and Prometheus with footage from Covenant?

Sign me up!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed