Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 136,475 times)

juxtapose

juxtapose

. .whats this talk about an international trailer that shows the actual bombing. .when did this happen. .is it another tv spot or a full cinematic trailer?. .as for tv spots. .i know about. .run pray hide and the shaw one. .is their any others available on youtube?

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: Walter on Apr 23, 2017, 12:22:30 PM
No any single Engineer's did not alive ?

http://i.imgur.com/JWoa76C.gif

http://i.imgur.com/FVoAMLe.gif

wondering if is this a payback for Weyland or he just playing around or he is still trying harder

Evanus

Evanus

I read somewhere that David cries while bombing the engineers. I wonder why. Does he think it's beautiful? Or is he sad?  ???

echobbase79

echobbase79

He could be thinking about Weyland?

Evanus

Evanus

Well, after Weyland died, he said he was free. He also said to Shaw: Doesn't everyone want their parents dead? So it seems like he always wanted to be free, and never really liked Weyland.

Tonyhartmorph

Tonyhartmorph

The basic fact is you don't have to come on forums like this if you feel as though you are being spoiled. I guarantee you the average viewer interested in Covenant will not know what the hell the goo bombing scene is about, they won't have spent months reading hints and suggestions, gossip and rumours of what is going on. I know a few people who like the Alien series, want to see Covenant, and they just don't know. 

This level of revelation is nothing new if you're hunting it out, Starlog used to spoil the hell out of films with behind the scenes reports and photographs.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you feel as though you've spoiled the film that's your own fault. The description here at AvP even describes there will be a moment showing a bit of the bombing... yet you watch the clip anyway.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 23, 2017, 03:27:44 PM
Well, after Weyland died, he said he was free. He also said to Shaw: Doesn't everyone want their parents dead? So it seems like he always wanted to be free, and never really liked Weyland.

True, but I'm thinking this scene is right after the opening flashback with Weyland. Maybe the flashback triggers how he really did love Weyland.

Or maybe like you stated, he simply sad because of seeing the Engineers die.

Evanus

Evanus

This scene takes place halfway through the movie, according to the soundtrack list.

I suppose he's just crying because he thinks it's beautiful.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 23, 2017, 03:52:53 PM
This scene takes place halfway through the movie, according to the soundtrack list.

I suppose he's just crying because he thinks it's beautiful.

Oh okay, I didn't know that scene takes place later in the movie. I guess David must tell the crew what happened on the planet after saving them from the neomorphs.

Yeah, he probably cries because it's beautiful to him.

Quote from: Tonyhartmorph on Apr 23, 2017, 03:33:33 PM
The basic fact is you don't have to come on forums like this if you feel as though you are being spoiled. I guarantee you the average viewer interested in Covenant will not know what the hell the goo bombing scene is about, they won't have spent months reading hints and suggestions, gossip and rumours of what is going on. I know a few people who like the Alien series, want to see Covenant, and they just don't know. 

This level of revelation is nothing new if you're hunting it out, Starlog used to spoil the hell out of films with behind the scenes reports and photographs.

Sorry to be blunt, but if you feel as though you've spoiled the film that's your own fault. The description here at AvP even describes there will be a moment showing a bit of the bombing... yet you watch the clip anyway.

Also, I don't consider that I've spoiled myself if I've connected the dots already. Now I'm just being confirmed what I already knew.

Stanley

Stanley

Well...on the bombing run.   In Prometheus, the vase David surreptitiously retrieved did not seem to be designed to open and aerosolize when dropped?   He had to unscrew the lid, and then pull out slime surrounded glassy viles. 

However, by just opening the door to the vase room / head room, vases started oozing black liquid, but this took several minutes to hours. 

Maybe these vases get activated somehow or have other behaviors.

I mean dropping them from on high and having them disperse perfectly?  On a one-chance-only attack effort.  It does not seem like they hit the ground and popped as the dispersal mechanism.   I guess David read the owners manual on them.  ;-)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 23, 2017, 12:57:34 PM
. .whats this talk about an international trailer that shows the actual bombing. .when did this happen. .is it another tv spot or a full cinematic trailer?. .as for tv spots. .i know about. .run pray hide and the shaw one. .is their any others available on youtube?

There's a second or two of bombing footage in the new Vietnamese TV spot. I suspect we'll see more of it in the final trailer.

Quote from: szkoki on Apr 23, 2017, 02:58:18 PM

wondering if is this a payback for Weyland or he just playing around or he is still trying harder

Probably payback for his head getting ripped off. David's a smart boy, he isn't taking any chances this time.

rabidranger

rabidranger

Quote from: Evanus on Apr 23, 2017, 03:00:54 PM
I read somewhere that David cries while bombing the engineers. I wonder why. Does he think it's beautiful? Or is he sad?  ???

Wasn't it because it didn't achieve the desired result? I have a feeling that "failure" fuels his research efforts which apparently takes up the bulk of his time on the planet until the Covenant crew arrive.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

or he's crying because he's oddly enough actually feeling the unforgivable act he is doing, despite thinking what he's doing is actually the right thing to do, or his purpose, if you may.

ReluctantNerd

ReluctantNerd

Quote from: Stanley on Apr 23, 2017, 04:15:46 PM
Well...on the bombing run.   In Prometheus, the vase David surreptitiously retrieved did not seem to be designed to open and aerosolize when dropped?   He had to unscrew the lid, and then pull out slime surrounded glassy viles. 

However, by just opening the door to the vase room / head room, vases started oozing black liquid, but this took several minutes to hours. 

I mean dropping them from on high and having them disperse perfectly?  On a one-chance-only attack effort.  It does not seem like they hit the ground and popped as the dispersal mechanism.   I guess David read the owners manual on them.  ;-)

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The ampule David examines in Prom has a configuration inside that looks like it should shatter on impact, thus mixing different fluids that probably only become dangerous when mixed. But the ampules in the head room start sweating black liquid from the top, perhaps in reaction to atmospheric difference (or the presence of humans?). I don't expect this to be explained or expanded on in Covenant as I think it's just one symptom of Prometheus being a patchwork of different plots that got Lindeloffed as well.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

yes there definately are survivors. how many remains to be seen. well, survivors of that certain ordeal.
I can't state whether there will be a single engineer alive after those 10 years.

but i can guarantee there is atleast 1 survivor from that whole event, and that is because there is a humangineer disected standing like a statue,
and there's one on the table with it's chest or abdomen opened wide. david has been a buzy bee. i can't imagine that happened before the events
of the vase dropping, because first of all, the vase dropping scene, david is wearing his prometheus uniform still, suggesting there is little chance
he has landed and at certain point changed clothes.

He does change clothes at points, as if it's indeed him when cap gets facehugged then he's clearly wearing something different to his prometheus wear and also had a haircut. he's also wearing some sort of humangineer robe at some point with long hair. the empire shots also show clearly that he's aboard the scorpionaut, dropping the payload. there's a spoiler that the juggernaut connects to the scorpionaut so surely david boards it at certain point, we can assume shaw stays aboard the juggernaut then.

i can also imagine shaw enraging for what david does and starts shooting at the scropionaut which causes a battle in which shaw crashes into the forests. but that's rather imagination instead of factual base.

point is, even if this scene takes part midway during the movie, it's a flashback of an event that surely must have happened rather shortly after they arrive on the planet.

so do humangineers survive this event? yes. undoubtedly. will tehre be a single survivor from the planet when the covenant arrives? that remains to be seen. i woudn't find it impossible to have a handful of survivors, but i'm not expecting such.

Quote from: ReluctantNerd on Apr 23, 2017, 04:46:30 PM
Quote from: Stanley on Apr 23, 2017, 04:15:46 PM

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. The ampule David examines in Prom has a configuration inside that looks like it should shatter on impact, thus mixing different fluids that probably only become dangerous when mixed. But the ampules in the head room start sweating black liquid from the top, perhaps in reaction to atmospheric difference (or the presence of humans?). I don't expect this to be explained or expanded on in Covenant as I think it's just one symptom of Prometheus being a patchwork of different plots that got Lindeloffed as well.

double load vases? chemical warfare in different compounds? ergo, like a neutron-bomb,atom-bomb and VX-gas bomb all packed together?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed