Alien: Covenant TV Spots

Started by ace3g, Apr 03, 2017, 01:25:59 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant TV Spots (Read 136,502 times)

Predaker

Predaker

Quote from: davo1980 on Apr 18, 2017, 05:34:58 PM
Hi all - I made some more creature gifs from these latest clips:

Facehugger scamper:
Spoiler
[close]

Neomorph wrestling:
Spoiler
[close]

Xenomorph:
Spoiler
[close]

Could that xenomorph be Javier Botet in a suit? There's something about the lighting that suggests it could be a practical effect.
What do we think?

Nice, thanks.

The alien looks CG to me. Javier Botet did motion capture and I doubt he wore any actual alien suit.

cliffhanger

cliffhanger

Quote from: Citadel on Apr 18, 2017, 06:10:39 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Apr 18, 2017, 05:33:03 PM
Quote from: Citadel on Apr 18, 2017, 04:19:21 PM
Looking at these, I'm quite confident that Ridley has achieved something I never thought: the alien is actually scary again after so many years of misuse. Bar Isolation, of course.

But the Alien got boring and predictable after a while. Even if at times i didn't see it coming or it suddenly popped up at the wrong moment - for me- and i got 'frightened' for a moment, it got really 'same old' by the end of the game.
And visually, it got a bit boring too. I mean, it looked absolutely great and detailled, but i saw it so many times at certain point, and hiding became so easy at times that it just became a blur. In contrast, the working joes were much more disruptive and at times frightening.

The working joes had me on edge. Constantly. The franchise really knows how to nail androids and unpredictability.

But yeah, there are moments in Isolation like that, but then you're rewarded with scenes like the derelict exploration. Everything about that was unsettling, and even the last half hour and the reveal/ending was done do well after such a grind through certain areas. I feel a sequel wouldn't work as efficiently unless it shook up a lot of Isolation's formula.

It's exactly this sensation during the working joes that i relished even more than the alien, whilst it should have been vise versa imho.
exploring the derelict was fantastic, though i was huuuuuuuugely not entertained with deactivating the beacon. i also liked the ending, though i feel that the hive part was a bit of a buzzkill and the amount of aliens in the end. i enjoyed that it was just 1 alien f*cking things up, but i can also imagine that would be too much of a 1979 ripoff.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 18, 2017, 05:51:12 PM
Am I the only one thinking the CGI looks terrible????

The facehugger motion looks excellent (it's a bonier version of the familiar design), but it's possible that was a practical effect. CGI Alien still looks fake.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I wonder if the shower scene used a CGI xeno?

Predaker

Predaker

Look at how the left wall bends around the facehugger as it leaps into the shadows.

Alien spacetime warping confirmed.

Str1der

Str1der

Can't tell if troll? ... or not?

Gazz

Gazz

That's because it's not a wall but rather a cloth sheet.   :laugh:

Ingwar

Ingwar

Quote from: Predaker on Apr 18, 2017, 07:29:42 PM

Look at how the left wall bends around the facehugger as it leaps into the shadows.

Alien spacetime warping confirmed.

It's not a wall. It's just rag-alike curtain :)

locusta

locusta

It´s one of Davids huge sketches in his lab.

Predatorium

Predatorium

It's Xenotime! I'm so excited to see a Scott directed xeno again but I'm going on an airplane next week and I'm terrified of flying and think I'm going to die... I hope I live to see this movie... :(

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

Wow, that second jaw is very evident in these new xeno shots.

Jpaley

Jpaley

the new neomorph footage is very brief at the 0.07 point in the blessed trailer.

No one noticed the burning alien in the first video?

No one noticed the burning alien in the first video?

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Spoiler
[close]

If this is CG then it is good. I'm calling it a guy in a suit though. Check how the back tubes kind of bounce like they are rubber. Seems odd they would do that with CG.

Spoiler
[close]

Definitely CG. And awesome.

So many aliens. So darn happy. ;D

KillCrites

KillCrites

All the aliens in these TV Spots look CG to me, but still look very nice. 

Scorpio

Scorpio

I want to see more scenes with the facehugger.  The scariest creature in the Alien films, yet we rarely see them.  That scene in Aliens with the 2 facehuggers is the most suspenseful scene in that movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed