Alien: River of Pain Audio Drama Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 30, 2017, 08:29:19 AM

Author
Alien: River of Pain Audio Drama Announced! (Read 16,426 times)

Perfect-Organism

Somehow, intuitively they know Sea of Sorrows was the nadir of the series...

HuDaFuK

Please, there is far worse stuff in the franchise than that book.

There was nothing particularly terrible about it. It's worst crime was that it was just bland.

The Cruentus

I just didn't like the supernatural angle, same problem as Resurrection in that regard. The Alien series should not be called a sci-fi anyore since it keeps defying the science part.

predator elite

Did anyone else catch that line in chapter 1 hinting that hooper died on the shuttle?

SM

No.

Chapter 1 recaps a the Ash-Ripley scene in the infirmary from Alien...?

predator elite

It's from one of the salvage guys talking about an adrift shuttle and talking about a stiff that was rife when their boss was talking about having their helmet on cause of the unkown environment in the narcissis
it's at the 21.30 minute mark of chapter one if anyone wants to check it out

HuDaFuK

They find Hooper's name-tag on the Narcissus in the drama, but Hooper was never on the shuttle (not counting when he put Ripley to be) - he left the Marion on the Samson.

It never explains how the tag got on board, but it doesn't imply Hooper died there.

SM

Probably fell off when he was carrying her.  Did he not also go onto the shuttle to wipe Ash off the databanks?

I don't recall the tag rating a mention in River of Pain though (the book).

HuDaFuK

No, it was something they came up with for the drama.

Corporal Hicks

Didn't they also have one of the characters at the start mentioning a relation who worked on the Marion?

HuDaFuK

Lol yeah, one of the early terraformers on LV-426 is named Welford and mentions a brother who went down with his ship a few years previous.

I actually thought that was quite a neat touch.

predator elite

Ah right not read the books sadly but those are some nice wee touches

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 17, 2017, 09:46:06 AM
Please, there is far worse stuff in the franchise than that book.

There was nothing particularly terrible about it. It's worst crime was that it was just bland.

I was referring to the first triptic series from Titan.

Nostromo

Listening to a chapter each night before falling asleep, when the gf is not around lol, loving the story, I'm at chapter 20 and it's getting damn interesting. Suggest to anyone to try it, there's a free trial via amazon also.

Perfect Organism podcast just released an audio drama also based in Hadley's hope, I think it's the story of some communication guy and what he and his sister go through, it's pretty damn good too.

Corporal Hicks

Doesn't look like I ever posted this -

I remember this trailer being on the front of the Alien/Aliens showings on Alien Day.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed