Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Mar 25, 2017, 05:03:28 PM

What do you think of Box office.Com's prediction??

It will be waaay higher than that!!
34 (66.7%)
That's just about right!!
12 (23.5%)
This will be looower than projected numbers!!
5 (9.8%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien Covenant's Box Office Prediction!! (Read 24,057 times)

juxtapose

Quote from: WinsteadLeung on Apr 29, 2017, 03:15:44 AM
I really envy you guys.
COVENANT may not be released in China, even if the bloody scenes are deleted.
well if thats the case then it will definately hurt the box office. .but why would it not be released in china. .all the other alien movies was released their?

juxtapose

ok i almost panicked. .phew!

Necronomicon II

Is China pretty strict on things like gore?

SuicideDoors

Ok I redact my original link!

https://twitter.com/ChinaBoxOffice/status/858203390337310720

Seems Cov is having problems because it's too f**ked up. Shame cause it'll be the loss of a huge market but you can't compromise the filmmaker's vision by cutting it to pieces. I think they had to cut FOURTEEN minutes of Logan over there to get a release.

juxtapose

officially panicking again. .it will be a huge loss for the movie. .but hopefully they can cut the worst and still get it released over in the middle kingdom. .it will really make a massive impact on box office. Thats a certainty. .so lets hope it does really well everywhere else. .

Jadoremusic

Quote from: Richman678 on Apr 28, 2017, 09:39:48 PM
Well I can say this none of the IMAX theaters in my general area ordered this for IMAX. The theaters in the bigger city close by ordered it for IMAX, but there are 2 IMAX theaters in my general area, and they both told me they wanted to keep GOTG 2 up for a 3rd week.

My point was that if it's gonna see a reduction in IMAX theatre releases then it wont make as much money.

I emailed my cinemas in Glasgow regarding the IMAX release and up to a week ago, the reply was that none were going to show it in IMAX.
Yesterday all the cinemas were advertising it as available in IMAX..
So now I have a ticket for the preview on the 11 Mayfrom the Alien Day and for the IMAX on the 12th =)
Give it time

WinsteadLeung

Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 29, 2017, 05:49:38 AM
I really envy you guys.
well if thats the case then it will definately hurt the box office. .but why would it not be released in china. .all the other alien movies was released their?
Only Prometheus,and they deleted hammerpede scene and surgery scene as well as trilobite scene. Alien1-4 are only shown on some film festivals

juxtapose

. .wow that really sucks. .i mean those are like my favorite scenes from prometheus. .and once it gets released on dvd/bluray. .is it still cut in china or do you have to order it of the internet?

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Apr 29, 2017, 09:37:02 AM
Ok I redact my original link!

https://twitter.com/ChinaBoxOffice/status/858203390337310720

I just love how the translation calls Ridley Scott "RAY FATHER" and Noomi Rapace "LOMI LAPES".

cucuchu

Quote from: WinsteadLeung on Apr 29, 2017, 12:52:20 PM
Quote from: juxtapose on Apr 29, 2017, 05:49:38 AM
I really envy you guys.
Only Prometheus,and they deleted hammerpede scene and surgery scene as well as trilobite scene. Alien1-4 are only shown on some film festivals

Any idea on how popular the Alien series is in China? Wondering how much of an impact it will have all in all. Unless I am mistaken, Prometheus did not,appear in China cinemas and still managed to pull in 402 million at the box office, which is quite decent when comparing it to the budget (including marketing)... Not to mention the blu ray and digital sales.

Also, something IMPORTANT to keep in mind is that Prometheus was not an Alien film by name so that probably did not help it. Alien: Covenant is an obvious Alien film with a solid marketting campaign and will be releasing in a time when big budget R-rated films do quite well. I predict a worldwide Box Office success at $600 million easily. I see a lot of people hyped for the movie (anedoctal, yes, but still...). Commercially it will be a large success and critically the general audience will enjoy it and find it to be intense and fun to watch, while probably pretty divided amongst more hardcore alien fans.

juxtapose

...i was looking at an article on google earlier today about ten movies not being released in china....i could hardly believe that Deadpool was one of them..i mean considering it was an R rated movie and how much it ended up making, and at the same time was it really that hardcore?..still my favorite super hero movie must be Watchmen and that was way more extreme than Deadpool in terms of violence, sex and nudity, haven't checked if that one was released in china...but i am guessing ...NOT. ..with Dr Manhattan flashing his penis all over the show...so i guess that their is still some hope for covenant's box office...and we don't know for certain if covenant wont be released in china yet...so keeping my fingers crossed.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

We have Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 coming out. I feel like AC may not reach #1 at the box office on the first week. Fox made the same mistake with Prometheus by releasing it on the same week with another shitty kids movie.

newagescamartist

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Apr 29, 2017, 08:23:47 PM
We have Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 3 coming out. I feel like AC may not reach #1 at the box office on the first week. Fox made the same mistake with Prometheus by releasing it on the same week with another shitty kids movie.

Covenant really needs a big opening considering its budget. Anything less than a $50 million opening is going to indicate domestic flop. And now with the news that China won't be showing it, it needs ever advantage it can get.

Vermillion

$52.8 million Domestic opening
$124 million total Domestic run
$160 International run.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed