Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 38,896 times)

salomonj

I thought Alien: Awakening was already written?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 05, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/review/alien-returns-with-ridley-scott-at-the-helm-and-fear-at-its-heart/news-story/ac3047c024390177f9ece687ab483bc8

Nothing really new here, but just a bit of background on the casting process, and this -

"The sequel to Alien: Covenant, Scott says, "is being written now and with a bit of luck we'll be shooting that in about 18 months. Maybe in Australia, because we had such a good time. I loved Sydney, I loved the whole experience of making the film there.""Once you open up this universe," he says, it's hard to leave. "I'm not sure yet, I know where I'm going next, but I'm beginning to enjoy it so much I would hate for it to end there."

Split this off and merged with the Covenant 2 topic.

cliffhanger

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/may/07/ridley-scott-i-really-wanted-to-scare-alien-covenant-interview-blade-runner-2049

QuoteHe also has to somehow fit in another Alien prequel, provisional title Alien: Awakening, and he has sketched out plans to make another three Alien films after that.

So, Awakening WILL be a prequel. to 1979s Alien. Interesting. It thus has to fit in right between Covenant and Alien, i'd guess.

Corporal Hicks

I think it was always going to be a prequel. There was just some confusion over where it'd fit in the timeline due to how Ridley worded it.

Cheeseburgers

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 02:55:45 PM
I think it was always going to be a prequel. There was just some confusion over where it'd fit in the timeline due to how Ridley worded it.
So its a sequel to Covenant??

Predaker

Quote from: Gigeresque on May 07, 2017, 04:50:53 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 07, 2017, 02:55:45 PM
So its a sequel to Covenant??

Yes, where the aliens
Spoiler
gain more of their biomechanical aesthetic and will no longer be controlled by David or anyone else. Covenant is their origin story and Awakening will be their finalization, so to speak.
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed