Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role

Started by Anthony, Mar 17, 2017, 02:50:38 PM

Author
Scott on Covenant 2, Possible Title (Alien: Awakening?) and Shaw's Role (Read 38,940 times)

SpeedyMaxx

SpeedyMaxx

Quote from: MajorB on Apr 03, 2017, 03:40:27 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 01:14:07 PM
Pretty sure Noomi Rapace is off the board, and I suspect Katherine Waterston's character will ultimately meet a similar fate.

It would be funny if every one of these prequels had an entirely different, new protagonist with the previous one killed off offscreen.

Or increasingly ridiculous - which is how I feel about an alien outbreak 20 years before the original film honestly, or the distinct possibility of the LV-426 derelict cargo being created only then. Which is why I still feel they should've (and can still) walk(ed) away from prequel timeline stuff entirely after Prometheus. Set it in the far future. David and Shaw could've emerged from cryo post-Resurrection.

Quote from: Ingwar on Apr 03, 2017, 03:57:19 PM
That would have been ridiculous :) Fox want to establish new characters and for that reason
Spoiler
Daniels and Tennessee will survive.
[close]

Okay. Wait and see if anyone but David has a major role in future prequel films beyond being alien food. There is no way they can unless they go into the freezers for decades, otherwise they'd alert Earth.

Stolen

I still think that Shaw will have an important role in this sequel.
This is the big surprise of the movie.

SpeedyMaxx

Would be nice but it ain't happening.

rabidranger

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Apr 03, 2017, 04:06:25 PM

So, Shaw is just a footnote? I find that hard to believe

Evanus

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 03, 2017, 05:15:12 PM

If the leaks are true, then yeah, she's just a footnote.

shawsbaby

Quote from: rabidranger on Apr 03, 2017, 05:15:12 PM

Well, we don't have all the context so I think "footnote" is harsh, but it's unlikely her screen time is long.

Pvt. Himmel

I have a feeling we will see her, and David's journey in Alien: Awakening..

Evanus

I really don't believe Awakening is set before Covenant. It's most likely a sequel to Covenant. Ridley probably just misspoke. The title wouldn't make any sense either. But it would really interesting if it's true.

cliffhanger

next movie david will be stopped by a genetically modified predator which we will see in 'The Predator', and we will learn that the giant pred is the space jockey. fast forward a dozen years later, old ripley is looking for some answers on the original objective (special order xxxx), and locates these coordinates. she gets there and finds out like the engineer in prometheus was incryo, shaw is still in cryo.

she wakes her up. stories will be shared. david reappears after having downloaded his conciousness into an alien trapped against a wall.
a predator appears out of nowhere whilst a predalien pops from its chest. a neomorph suddenly pops out to eat the predalien. the predship will decloak and show them they're in the matrix and it's all a dream.

yes it makes no sense, but i think 90% on what to happen to shaw is similarly nonsense.

D. Compton Ambrose

There needs to be a return to the hard-horror biomechanoid nightmare beings/landscapes of Giger in a future film/series. It is absolutely imperative.

Anthony

Quote from: Stolen on Apr 11, 2017, 09:10:49 PM

https://twitter.com/ankaris/status/851662690074238976

I imagine the final confirmation will be from Scott during promotion. But it's nice to see someone who's actually involved confirm the rumors are false.

Necronomicon II

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/review/alien-returns-with-ridley-scott-at-the-helm-and-fear-at-its-heart/news-story/ac3047c024390177f9ece687ab483bc8

Nothing really new here, but just a bit of background on the casting process, and this -

"The sequel to Alien: Covenant, Scott says, "is being written now and with a bit of luck we'll be shooting that in about 18 months. Maybe in Australia, because we had such a good time. I loved Sydney, I loved the whole experience of making the film there.""Once you open up this universe," he says, it's hard to leave. "I'm not sure yet, I know where I'm going next, but I'm beginning to enjoy it so much I would hate for it to end there."

Cheeseburgers

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 05, 2017, 06:04:57 PM
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/arts/review/alien-returns-with-ridley-scott-at-the-helm-and-fear-at-its-heart/news-story/ac3047c024390177f9ece687ab483bc8

Nothing really new here, but just a bit of background on the casting process, and this -

"The sequel to Alien: Covenant, Scott says, "is being written now and with a bit of luck we'll be shooting that in about 18 months. Maybe in Australia, because we had such a good time. I loved Sydney, I loved the whole experience of making the film there.""Once you open up this universe," he says, it's hard to leave. "I'm not sure yet, I know where I'm going next, but I'm beginning to enjoy it so much I would hate for it to end there."

Good news! 18 months is a bit long, but I can tough it out.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: Necronomicon II on May 05, 2017, 06:04:57 PM

November 2018 sounds reasonable. Scott does All The Money In The World this month and The Cartel in January. So should be ready by then. But Covenant was also set to begin filming in January and didn't start until April, so we'll see.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed