Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 51,254 times)

episodenone

Everything about any movie/book/tv show that is meant to be mysterious instantly becomes less mysterious the moment someone predicts that they already know the entire plot and how it will play out over the course of a series.

Therein lies the rub -- you still have to go to the movie/read the book/watch the tv show if you really want to know what happens.

Not to mention -- once you see it/read it --- the mystery is gone forever.  So no reason to ever watch it again.  :P

XenoHunter99

A lot of information about the plot has already been revealed. It seems pretty obvious how it all fits together. I think we've seen all the monsters in this new one and have a pretty good idea where all this is going. Given the lack of creativity in contemporary cinema and the way stuff leaks on the internet, something extraordinary would have to happen to make any of it worthwhile. Mostly, it's a train wreck and provides that sort of entertainment. Watching Prometheus once was more than enough. Maybe this one will be worth a second viewing, maybe not. Plus we know exactly where this ends: Nostromo lands on LV426, Kane gets facehugged. It may, for some reason, take 1 or 2 more movies to finally get there, but that's the destination. This winding path to get there is Ridley's masturbation.

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: episodenone on Mar 16, 2017, 08:17:03 PM
As for David - some of that interim time had to be getting the Juggernaut to the new planet, and then getting set up, then finally getting around to experimenting.
If we pay attention to the scene when the raging engineer boy is about to take off, we can see in the digital array the route he has traced to Earth (the green line that connects his current location, the moon, right to Earth, passing through some planets of our solar system as well), and I guess it's safe to assume he's going to travel through a series of wormhole gateways, meaning the juggernaut or any other engineer ships travel through deep space that way. It shouldn't feel too far fetched to think they have that tech. They're too advanced.

This inevitably means the juggernaut could have arrived on Earth for some cool fashioned black goo atmospheric bombing in just 1 hour or 10 minutes who knows, and turn us all into living jokes of ourselves (Neomorphs probably), though It would be more way more scary to guess what the effects of the goo would be on insects, reptiles, etc, but specially on insects. The situation on Earth would turn into the ultimate nightmare indeed, because If some harmles worm turned into that hammerpede thing, then imagine what an infected wasp may turn into lol

I mean Shaw and David probably arrived at Paradise a few hours, maybe minutes after leaving lv223

Quote from: episodenone on Mar 16, 2017, 08:17:03 PMNot to mention the time it took to develop a communication system to send messages back to Earth. 
THEN there is the fact of how long the sub-space messages would actually take to travel back to Earth.

Meaning -- it may not be within the realm of Physics as we know it for a message to travel and be analysed by the Company [in the midst of massive M&A] to presume any possibility of David's communication with the company or Earth.
Please take this just as mere humble fanboy nerd fiction, as even I smile and laugh of myself as I say it hahah, but Engineers as such an advanced race should have already taken control of something called Quantum Entanglement, or at the very least have a varied number of devices based on that concept they may need. Of course not gonna enter the freak concept in detail, but to explain it quickly just in case somebody might not be familiar with what that term means, and to put it simple and quickly explain with a smile this present case, then just understand it as something that would allow instant radio communication regardless you are in the opposite corner of the universe. This is something Einstein already knew about, and already referred to as "spooky action at a distance".

Now remember that David was able to understand engineer language and even their tech in the film Prometheus (hell even how to pilot the damn ship lol). Viola!. We have already explained how he might be able to communicate with The Company without depending on the slow speed of light for radio coms heh

DaddyYautja

i think it's time to bring in the concept of alternate dimension to the Alien world.

The xenos are actually extradimensional beings. So we are seeing stories about them in 3 different dimensions. Base Alien dimension from the original films, AVP dimension from those films, and the new Prometheus dimension with all these goofy crap.

Each dimension developed the alien in a slightly different way. This way Scott can do whatever he wants with this Prom dimension and he doesnt have to worry about tying it with anything else.

newagescamartist

Quote from: DaddyYautja on Mar 16, 2017, 11:32:15 PM
i think it's time to bring in the concept of alternate dimension to the Alien world.

The xenos are actually extradimensional beings. So we are seeing stories about them in 3 different dimensions. Base Alien dimension from the original films, AVP dimension from those films, and the new Prometheus dimension with all these goofy crap.

Each dimension developed the alien in a slightly different way. This way Scott can do whatever he wants with this Prom dimension and he doesnt have to worry about tying it with anything else.

It'd actually be pretty damn cool if a movie explored them being interdimensional. Not necessarily in the extradimensional sense you're talking about, but in the literal way. Covenant and the sequels need to make money before we get a movie like that. But I'm inclined to agree with your sentiment overall. Make all of it canon then the viewer can decide which origin theory they prefer: Ancient and mysterious or manufactured via catalyst. Good thinking.

howard.moody.566

AVP is canon. The Zenomorph is at least thousands of years old. End of story.

skhellter

:D

Is it?

Are you sure?

:D

Necronomicon II

Well, Wayne Haag has confirmed that no one scene is going to reveal the origins of the species, so the press reports are misleading. That said, Chris Seagers has stated that they're edging into the Giger aesthetic; the biomechanical big chap, whether David will be 100% responsible for that remains to be seen.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: howard.moody.566 on Mar 17, 2017, 06:56:07 AM
AVP is canon. The Zenomorph is at least thousands of years old. End of story.

As far as the current canon is concerned, AvP is not. Scott hates its and purposefully ignores it and retcons aspects of it with Prometheus.

fernandito

Here's hoping Scott also hates and purposefully ignores and retcons aspects of Cameron's aliens lore, such as the queen, or better anything related to the alien we saw in that wonderful film, and that has been plaguing the series for a decade and one year already.

The alien was once a machine powered by acid, like a walking battery, not a giant space insect controlled by a queen

Anyway I don't think he will have the balls to retcon Cameron and go full Giger with the original alien, and most importantly, with the Derelict, as another biomechanical entity responsible for the creation of the eggs.

Infected

Quote from: SrSpinelli on Mar 16, 2017, 03:21:10 PM
David didn't create the first Xenomorphs.
David managed to replicate something the Engineers had already done. Create the perfect organism. Alien has an Acient Engineer ship with eggs in the cargo, and they seem to be placed in order too.
Well there is imo a difference here, the engineers did indeed created something perfect, or lets say they created something,
but im not sure off what the essence was of that creation, was it to serve them, or was it truly a weapon?
One thing is for sure that David created the perfect killing machine, im not so sure the engineers were creating that, or tried to create that.
Maybe a far stretch of what im saying but, its like with our nuke power, we can give countries energy from it for years and years,
yet unstable it could wipe us out, and being fitted into a bomb/rocket it becomes also very dangerous on a war scale.
The murals also show the engineers holding down some type of creation, the face/head part is very hard to see in that mural,
so imo its not a xeno they are holding down.
But then if you jump forward to Alien and the derelict cargo hold they have those eggs, but those eggs are kept in stasis through a laser vibe thingy.
So they are aware of eggs and are able to keep them under control with something.
It could also be that the engineers created a controlable xenomorph, heck maybe even one that thinks for itself and follows their orders, but not one that is untamable and uncontrolable and only lives for the expansion of his "reich" David did just that,
he made an unstopable killing machine.
And it doesnt make sense if a race like the engineers creates creatures that they cant control, so like with the eggs in stasis i think the engineers also are able to control a xenomorph through something, and David just took away that safety pin.

Russ840

I think we can have the queen and Cameron concepts work, even with Ridleys potential retcons. If, indeed, the alien is a weapon and fabricated with the Black Goo/Accelerant then it stands to reason that changes could happen to the Xenomorph as the Goo mutates and alters.

Perhaps the Xenomorph queen is an evolution that happens because using two hosts via eggmorphing is less efficient than the one host required for an egg laid by a queen. Therefore a much faster propogation rate of the species. 

Infected

Quote from: Russ840 on Mar 17, 2017, 10:34:28 AM
I think we can have the queen and Cameron concepts work, even with Ridleys potential retcons. If, indeed, the alien is a weapon and fabricated with the Black Goo/Accelerant then it stands to reason that changes could happen to the Xenomorph as the Goo mutates and alters.

Perhaps the Xenomorph queen is an evolution that happens because using two hosts via eggmorphing is less efficient than the one host required for an egg laid by a queen. Therefore a much faster propogation rate of the species.
Offcourse, its just simple evolution theory, these creatures are bred for destruction and domination, its maybe even a genious way that Cameron inserted by introducing the queen.
Im really curious how David came with the egg idea and how Ridley is gonna bypass this Cameron concept.

fernandito

Cameron turned the aliens into a species. They were things not made by the hand of nature, or God let's say it that way for those who are believers.

The alien was basically an indestructible (regenerated over and over again when hurt or mutilated) machine powered by acid, created by a superior race who probably evolved too and trascended their own organic nature (this leads to the very Derelict ship), and whose sole purpose was to eradicated human beings, apparently.

The mystery of the Derelict being another biomech entity that produced the aliens (the eggs) was what truly elevated the also mystery of the alien to actual satisfying levels, not reducing the alien to a natural species similar to insects, controlled by a hive minds, regardless they are weapons or not.

Each one to their own anyway. One of the good things of the alien universe was, precisely, how open It's always been to speculation. Some of us oldest fans saw it the Giger's way to perfectly fit what the creature looked like by '79 The younger generations preferred Cameron's simple approach. Ok that's fine too I guess

Anyways, everything points out to the possibility (Scott' new lore for alien) that our "Nature Boy" David has come to stay, so..

ChrisPachi

I am loving the deeper parallels between David and Ash that this plot point reveals. For me, Ash's admiration of the alien takes on a a few extra dimensions if the alien was actually engineered by another AI.

David's concept of a mother echoes back to Ash's concept of rape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed