Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed

Started by genocyber, Mar 13, 2017, 09:15:14 PM

Author
Spoilers: Xenomorph origin revealed (Read 51,273 times)

Necronomicon II

"On another note -- and I've said this before -- it's crazy how 99% certain everyone knows exactly what the plot of A:C is -- how the story will play out, and what they will do next with further sequels.  Jeez -- you guys... can you tell me what stocks to buy too?  :/"

:D ;D

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: MajorB on Mar 14, 2017, 02:43:47 AM
I honestly don't mind that David made (or re-made) the Xeno. He's a fascinating character, honestly the most well-realized one in the franchise since Ripley, and I think it's great that Covenant basically has an extraordinary villain at its disposal.

Sometimes I wonder if synthetics were the Engineers' intended next step in the evolution of humanity, coming closer to the fusion of the biological and mechanical they seemed to desire, and that's why they saw the biomechanical Giger Xenomorph as a fitting punishment for their failed children. Might explain why the guy at the end of Prometheus looks at David so fondly before he rips his head off... they almost accomplished their goal, if only humans were trustworthy enough to steward their own evolution...
nicely put...i too am interested and looking forward to how this plays out...im confident Ridley Scott will connect the dots from Prometheus to Covenant

genocyber

It's rather simple. The engineers made the black goo. The neomorph came from them. Then David tinkers with the black goo and pops out xenomorphs from the new crew that show up.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 16, 2017, 02:18:44 PM
It's rather simple. The engineers made the black goo. The neomorph came from them. Then David tinkers with the black goo and pops out xenomorphs from the new crew that show up.
Yes, but it won't be the xenomorph that we see in the first Alien... That one was Biomechanical and they said that they will be leading into that in the next one.

Necronomicon II

Yes, as Ridley said, Covenant is "one step closer" to the classic beast, how that will come to be is still up in the air.

Sgt. Shanx

Quote from: newagescamartist on Mar 14, 2017, 02:45:58 AM
I'm clearly in the minority here, but if David ends up being the creator of the xenomorph, I think it adds depth to the series. It's not like he's the creator of the black goo or whatever the catalyst is, he's just putting things that have existed for centuries into a new order. The xenomorph clearly has human and synthetic attributes so it's actually pretty logical from a narrative standpoint to have a synthetic create it via experiments, possibly to be a biological container for its consciousness. It was clear after Prometheus that Scott was going for a re-telling of the Gnostic's Fall of Sophia myth and this just adds more credence to that set up. Bring it on. Xenomorphs are no longer just bugs, they're demonic synthetic beasts created by a demi-urge like entity. That's the stuff of nightmares. That's what Giger was tapping into. His Necronomicon is proof that he was more interested in the corruption aspect of spirituality than he was extraterrestrials.

And to ease the frustration a little bit: If this ends up being true, Scott has expanded the Alien universe so other types of extraterrestrials can make appearances down the line. The xenomorph might be a creation of David, but who knows what else is out there. We're going to see a whole lot more if Scott can deliver here. IMO.
lol i never could have put my thoughts into words as eloquently as u did here sir but i agree and applaud this post

SrSpinelli

David didn't create the first Xenomorphs.
David managed to replicate something the Engineers had already done. Create the perfect organism. Alien has an Acient Engineer ship with eggs in the cargo, and they seem to be placed in order too.

CainsSon

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 15, 2017, 09:32:41 PM
Quote from: skhellter on Mar 15, 2017, 07:59:13 PM
He might even be the one responsible for setting up the Derelict's distress signal. Sequel to Covenant will probably take place in LV-426. 
:-X
Derelict distress signal was decoded by WY, and clearly spicified the nature of what it was in its cargo. It was a warning signal, not a friendly or sos one, so that can't be David, and I hope It won't be Shaw.

Unless surprise during or at the end of covenant, the classic alien won't still have been made. Just the protype one we see in the trailer

This thing with the Signal being detected by WY and deciphered. This is very true but from a writing perspective it works both ways. Because of the events in PROMETHEUS - which we know were rather classified - its entirely possible that the Company would tell them ANYTHING to get them there. In fact, having that mission disappear, makes the whole events in Alien with the Company different. We already know they were CREW EXPENDABLE. We know they knew there was an Organism to bring back. But did they think it was the Black Goo? Or did they KNOW it was a xeno. It seems time will tell us that now.

I also hope it isn't David or Shaw, unless they find a good way to handle it. The Black Goo, can infect the Derelict I suppose, they could work it that way, but it does seem like they are heading in the direction we all like, that there may be a Species that the Engineers were modelling their tech off of. Much like the Androids and us, and that one of those is the Space Jockey. A different species than the Engineers.

fernandito

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 16, 2017, 03:36:59 PM
This thing with the Signal being detected by WY and deciphered. This is very true but from a writing perspective it works both ways. Because of the events in PROMETHEUS - which we know were rather classified - its entirely possible that the Company would tell them ANYTHING to get them there. In fact, having that mission disappear, makes the whole events in Alien with the Company different. We already know they were CREW EXPENDABLE. We know they knew there was an Organism to bring back. But did they think it was the Black Goo? Or did they KNOW it was a xeno. It seems time will tell us that now.

They did know It was the alien (the end result after human infection by facehugger). Ash confirms this with his iconic line of "Perfect organism, unclouded by blah blah, etc".

We can guess David has been sending reports of their experiments with the black goo to wy during Its stance at Paradise, so "The Company" (hell good times when they called wy like that; I've just remembered about that) should have been well informed even about the black goo via David way before the events of alien.

However, the signal picked by the company (before the events of alien) speaks about the classic creature in detail, plus the serious warning of attempt no investigation of the vessel, so something will still have to happen in the next film after covenant related entirely directly to the Derelict.

All we know is that in Alien, "The Company", wants a retrival of the specimen. Did David then ended up perfecting this proto-thing we see in the trailer into the classic alien?

All I fear is what we saw in awful aliens colonial marines when shooting the jockey is what they eventually have in store for the end of the third film, as the final bridge to alien. Thing would be then.., who was the pilot o the Derelic?. And we can only conclude: If it was a warning signal of attempt no entering this ship, was either Shaw, or a new character that will feature the third and last film. Why did the good engineers then shoot the Derelict down if it was been piloted by someone "good"?

On a side note, I still have to laugh at the sole idea of any human controlling the ship via chair. Chairs designed for three meters tall bald motherf**kers, and here we are piloting derelicts without trouble lol. Shaw a dwarf = no way. Fassbender another dwarf = no way too. Then?.

They better off explain how the f**k did shaw and David manage to make the ship work at the end of Prometheus, or this is going ot be one of the greatest laughs ever. Not to mention that, even if they come with something..., "credible" for this (impossible), such explanation should still have things like DNA checks or something like against it,  since the engineers should make things that way. They're too advanced.

genocyber

Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 16, 2017, 02:36:41 PM
Quote from: genocyber on Mar 16, 2017, 02:18:44 PM
Yes, but it won't be the xenomorph that we see in the first Alien... That one was Biomechanical and they said that they will be leading into that in the next one.
Different details, same beast. The xenos change all the time movie to movie.

fernandito

Quote from: genocyber on Mar 16, 2017, 06:13:13 PMDifferent details, same beast. The xenos change all the time movie to movie.
It's not the same deal this time. They changed designs in the past (and always for the worse btw), but this is about the biomech layout. That alien we see in the trailer isn't the '79 classic yet, and Scott has hinted that way

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: fernandito on Mar 16, 2017, 04:09:43 PM
Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 16, 2017, 03:36:59 PM

They did know It was the alien (the end result after human infection by facehugger). Ash confirms this with his iconic line of "Perfect organism, unclouded by blah blah, etc".

We can guess David has been sending reports of their experiments with the black goo to wy during Its stance at Paradise, so "The Company" (hell good times when they called wy like that; I've just remembered about that) should have been well informed even about the black goo via David way before the events of alien.

However, the signal picked by the company (before the events of alien) speaks about the classic creature in detail, plus the serious warning of attempt no investigation of the vessel, so something will still have to happen in the next film after covenant related entirely directly to the Derelict.

All we know is that in Alien, "The Company", wants a retrival of the specimen. Did David then ended up perfecting this proto-thing we see in the trailer into the classic alien?

All I fear is what we saw in awful aliens colonial marines when shooting the jockey is what they eventually have in store for the end of the third film, as the final bridge to alien. Thing would be then.., who was the pilot o the Derelic?. And we can only conclude: If it was a warning signal of attempt no entering this ship, was either Shaw, or a new character that will feature the third and last film. Why did the good engineers then shoot the Derelict down if it was been piloted by someone "good"?

On a side note, I still have to laugh at the sole idea of any human controlling the ship via chair. Chairs designed for three meters tall bald motherf**kers, and here we are piloting derelicts without trouble lol. Shaw a dwarf = no way. Fassbender another dwarf = no way too. Then?.

They better off explain how the f**k did shaw and David manage to make the ship work at the end of Prometheus, or this is going ot be one of the greatest laughs ever. Not to mention that, even if they come with something..., "credible" for this (impossible), such explanation should still have things like DNA checks or something like against it,  since the engineers should make things that way. They're too advanced.

Now, Im obsessed with ALIEN. Ive seen it maybe 600x - I realize maybe most don't like it as much as I do and it may be true, in the end, that the Company did know specifically about the Alien/Xenomorph. But this thing that Ash says about the creature - the "Perfect Organism unclouded by morality" and etc - He only says this after he studies it and becomes seemingly fixated by it himself. So, because of that language, I'm saying PROMETHEUS has changed the way this can be understood. I dont think that in the film ALIEN it ever explains that the Company had knowledge of this "organism" IN ANY REAL DETAIL. When are you saying this happened? I can't recall any solid indication in the film, past saying that that Special Order was to "bring back organism, all other priorities secondary, crew expendable," that Ash or the Company knew exactly what this organism was. Just that there was an organism. And WEYLAND CORP went to LV223 looking for Life and may have kept record or reported on the organism's they encountered.
So that Prometheus mission on an adjacent moon is arguably already enough to explain the company's knowledge of the existence of an organism they want to obtain in ALIEN. Weyland believed he could obtain eternal life from these beings. Isnt that enough to make 'crew expendable' from a shady business perspective? Id say so.

Im not saying it wont turn out that they knew about the alien... I imagine it will turn out that way and this film alone may make that the case. Im just saying that as of NOW, and after PROMETHEUS, I don't think there is anything explicitly linking their knowledge of an "organism" to the creature itself. Or at least, now that we know, they encountered OTHER creatures on LV223, a moon also orbiting this planet, there is no way to say for sure. To put it another way, Im just saying that PROMETHEUS has created a GREY AREA for how much the company knows about the Alien itself because they only state bring back "organism." There are several things in PROMETHEUS this could account for.

I think we are going to end up understanding why the company wants the Alien in the end, and I think it isn't going to be as black or white as we expect. 

fernandito

fernandito

Quote from: CainsSon on Mar 16, 2017, 07:02:13 PM
Now, Im obsessed with ALIEN. Ive seen it maybe 600x - I realize maybe most dont like it as much as I do amd it may be true, in the end, that the Company did know specifically about the Alien/Xenomorph, but this thing that Ash says about the creature - "the Perfect Organism unclouded by morality" and etc - He only says this after he studies it and becomes seemingly fixated by it himself. So, what Im saying is PROMETHEUS has changed the way this can be understood. I dont think that in the film ALIEN it ever explains that the Company had knowledge of this "organism" IN ANY REAL DETAIL. When are you saying this happened? I can't  recall any solid indication in the film, past saying that that Special Order was to "bring back organism, all other priorities secondary, crew expendable," that Ash or the Company knew exactly what this organism was. Just that there was an organism.
I'm just saying that the Prometheus mission on an adjacent moon is arguable already be enough to explain the company's knowledge of the existence of an organism they want to obtain. Weyland believed he could obtain enternal life from these beings. Isnt that enough to make 'crew expendable' from a shady business perspective? Id say so.

Im not saying it wont turn out that they knew about the alien... I imagine it will turn out that way and this film alone may make that the case. Im just saying that as of NOW, and after PROMETHEUS, I don't think there is anything explicitly linking their knowledge of an "organism" to the creature itself. Or at least, now that we know, they encountered OTHER creatures on LV223, also orbiting this planet there is no way to say for sure. To put it another way Im just saying that PROMETHEUS has created a GREY AREA for how much the company knows about the Alien itself by saying "organism."

I think we are going to end up understanding why the company wants the Alien in the end, and I think it isn't going to be as black or white as we expect.
Coud be too, but If the company wanted the retrival of the specimen and then Ash saying that, then we might interpret that as the proof of David fully reporting about his "Accomplishment" out of the black goo experiments. They should know about the alien then, at least about the proto one we see in the trailer.

If this is not going ot be the case eventually, then all the company knew about the alien is going to come from the pilot of the Derelict, via warning signal deciphering, which then at least would make sense and align itself with the old good lore of the company discovering the warning signal via deep space probe, so we could then with a smile in our faces throw the theory of David reporting WY about his experiment (the alien) down the toilet.

About the planetary system, somebody correct me but I though that, just like in Alien Isolation, the system they visit in Prometheus isn't the same one as in alien, so lv-223 isn't a sister moon to the Acheron. Yeah I know they could have been a little more creative with the gas giant they used this time around hehehe, because it's always one like Jupiter (for the third time then If I'm correct). Next time they should go for something like Neptune or Uranus :)

episodenone

I LOVE Uranus.  So much.  So, so much.   ;D  By far my favorite planet.

Something else worth considering... There is a ~10 year gap between Prometheus and Covenant -- and some of that had to have been recruiting and planning for the colonization mission.

As for David - some of that interim time had to be getting the Juggernaut to the new planet, and then getting set up, then finally getting around to experimenting.  Not to mention the time it took to develop a communication system to send messages back to Earth. 
THEN there is the fact of how long the sub-space messages would actually take to travel back to Earth.

Meaning -- it may not be within the realm of Physics as we know it for a message to travel and be analysed by the Company [in the midst of massive M&A] to presume any possibility of David's communication with the company or Earth.

They were unable to transmit their messages home in Prometheus -- but who knows why that is the case -- i think it was left unanswered.

Now -- looked at another way -- the Company did believe something was out there --- whether "bugs" a la giant cockroaches -- or The Engineers.  So no telling what they thought would be encountered. 

Aliens though leads me to speculate they knew something about facehuggers and implantation -- because otherwise why even try to colonize and terraform such a hostile planet like LV-426 when they obviously know of other more hospitable choices -- like Paradise.  Then Burke thinking about getting the chestburster through quarantine while implanted...

And given the additional years before the story in Aliens takes place -- transmissions from David and planning out the colonization charade become quite a bit more plausible.

XenoHunter99

Having David the Android involved in any step of xeno evolution craps it up. Fassbender's dysfunctional droid is not that compelling and makes the whole story too small. Instead of being a story about humans' encounter with this horrific unknown, unknowable force in the universe, the story is  reduced to a self-contained corporate conspiracy tale with humans responsible for the whole thing. Saying "the black goo is still mysterious" is like saying "life is still mysterious." We don't know exactly where the spark of life came from. But we know that if a man and a woman have fun together, a baby might follow. Black goo came from a planet with big bald people. We don't know exactly who made black goo, but we do know that adding black goo to living things causes mutations. Just like having fun to make babies, the psychotic android uses goo to make aliens. Since humans made the droid, and since we do understand everything that's being shown on the screen, it's not really so mysterious any more. Plus, it seems likely Shaw is long dead. If the space jockey turns out to be human, it seems more likely Daniels or the pilot guy will be in the derelict. It seems increasingly unlikely the ship has been on LV426 for more than a couple decades.

All that probably works fine, too. First, if humans have been star-faring for a long time with artificial gravity, artificial people, and FTL drive, they surely have the tech to hear an unexpected comm signal. It might take years to reach a receiver, but the receiver would probably recognize it as more than noise. Then it's a question of time for decoding the transmission, deciding what to do, and doing that. The only real question is, will the movie audience spend enough money to fund more sequels to the prequel? As with everything, we'll find out.

On a related note, why do Walter and David look alike? It seems more likely WY would make androids with a wide range of body and appearance options. Plus, the David droid be quite old and dated by the time Covenant rolls around. Two reasons suggest themselves: Saves actor salary and allows David 8 to pull the old switcheroo with Walter in the story. The latter seems more important.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed