Isolation's (Updated) Nightmare Difficulty

Started by RabidNinja, Mar 09, 2017, 01:51:54 PM

How hard did you personally find Nightmare Difficulty?

Easy Peasy, Xeno Squeezy!
1 (14.3%)
Not much different from pre-update on Hard.
0 (0%)
Boring.
0 (0%)
Satisfying and challenging.
4 (57.1%)
Death, after Death, and kept coming back!
0 (0%)
Literal Nightmare (In the good sense)
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author
Isolation's (Updated) Nightmare Difficulty (Read 1,658 times)

RabidNinja

Completed the game on Nightmare mode a year or so back when the update first came out, and I felt so relieved and proud of myself for doing it, considering i'm not a "MLG Hardcore Highest Difficulty Mode on EVERY GAME" kind of player, but Given the Xeno's "Heightened Awareness" of the player's presence throughout the game on the hardest difficulty, How did everyone find it in their personal playthrough?

Just for the sake of adding a little extra; Unrelated difficulty, But I LOVED the Crew Expendable/Last Survivor DLC
Spoiler

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

I finally dove into "Nightmare" after slowly wearing down my ingrained "don't get killed; you only have so many lives" conditioning from previous games over the years.

It was...a blast!

Liberating, actually, [/size]since I found I wasn't so worried about the dying.  But scary.  A[/size]s you mentioned, the alien's heightened awareness and the unreliable gameplay aids made the frights all the fresher.

I actually started another "Nightmare" session with the mission of getting all of the tags, Nostromo logs, and other "finds", but never finished.

I really enjoy this game and hope to revisit it soon.  I play it on a 55-inch LED TV.  The wife enjoys watching me play since she's a fan of the film too.  Great game; great gal!

Valaquen

Quote from: FenGiddel on Mar 09, 2017, 05:44:08 PM
I really enjoy this game and hope to revisit it soon.  I play it on a 55-inch LED TV.  The wife enjoys watching me play since she's a fan of the film too.  Great game; great gal!

Same here! Your TV is slightly bigger, but aren't we lucky guys?  :laugh:

FenGiddel

Go deimhin tá muid!    :)

Valaquen

Quote from: FenGiddel on Mar 10, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

Gu dearbh tha sinn  :D (your Gaeilge to my Gàidhlig)

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: Valaquen on Mar 10, 2017, 07:04:51 PM
Quote from: FenGiddel on Mar 10, 2017, 04:56:02 PM

Gu dearbh tha sinn  :D (your Gaeilge to my Gàidhlig)
Hah!  Thanks for that.  I was using Google Translate and was worried I might've invited you to eat your shorts.  ;)   

BonesawT101

BonesawT101

I only play Alien isolation on nightmare now after having deciding to give it a go back when nightmare mode was released. I play on a 50" LG tv with lights and curtains off and drawn.  ;D my wife to be will sometimes where the headset for a thrill and I mute the tv so as im completely reliant on her guidance as to where it is etc. Haha it reminds me so much of lambert and dallas as he scrambles about in the vents. "Move! Get out of there! No the other way!" Hahah ;D ;D

FenGiddel

Wow! Now that's a relationship builder, for sure.  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed