Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral

Started by Anthony, Mar 08, 2017, 07:03:03 PM

Author
Meet Walter - 10th March - New Viral (Read 69,453 times)

Anthony

Anthony

Enoch

Cool :)

Ingwar

Walter is American. David is British.

Pvt. Himmel

Nice. 8)

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 08, 2017, 07:06:53 PM

Thats because they wanted to create distinction between the two. Weyland-Yutani
probably have the largest cybernetic factory on American soil... :D

Quote"'Learn from me, if not by my precepts, at least by my example, how dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow,'"  chapter 4 of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley; originally titled The Modern Prometheus

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 08, 2017, 07:08:21 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Mar 08, 2017, 07:06:53 PM

Thats because they wanted to create distinction between the two.

Which is a good idea. American Spock vs British Frankenstein.

Evanus

Yay, something to look forward to.

Enoch

Enoch

I said Ridley will reference Frankenstein again...

Explanation of Victor's / Walters quote or perhaps Davids' :laugh:

QuoteVictor has tried to play God, has tried -- in fact -- to be like the Titan Prometheus, who stepped in to help his brother Epimetheus create humankind when Epimetheus mistakenly made all of the animals first, giving them all the "good" qualities (i.e. thick hide or fur to protect them, sharp teeth and claws to help them to eat, etc.).  Prometheus had to get creative to come up with qualities that would help us to be the best: he made us walk upright like the gods, and he gave us the fire that would help defend us from the cold and help us to cook the meat that our teeth could not otherwise chew.  Victor has tried to create a new human species, a species that he expected would "bless him as its Creator."  He wanted to perfect something that he saw as imperfect -- human frailty and fragility -- but he learned, too late, that human beings are not meant to create in this way: his creation turns out to be horrifying, perhaps in part because it was made by an imperfect (i.e. human) creator.  Thus, when Victor describes the dangers of striving to be "'greater than [one's] nature will allow,'" he also refers to the dangers of a human being who tries to play God. Victor's hubris results in tragedy for so many people, including himself and the individual he creates.

I think Ridley will again continue to play with this...
There is a certain possibility that many aspects of SCIFIED article could be correct.

Corporal Hicks

Awesome. I guess this is going to be the footage they show at SXSW. I assume a short clip with Walter.

echobbase79

I hope it's similar to the David 8 viral video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvXKN5Fz_OE

Enoch

Enoch

Quote from: echobbase79 on Mar 08, 2017, 07:15:36 PM

I think this one will be a bit ominous... because Walter is a straightforward robot...
After all he is the one to quote the lines from Mary Shelley's novel... Thats spooky by itself.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

This is awesome. Im glad they are doing this sort of viral marketing. It was brilliantly done with Prometheus

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 08, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

I think this one will be a bit ominous... because Walter is a straightforward robot...
After all he is the one to quote the lines from Mary Shelley's novel... Thats spooky by itself.

Not to mention clothes lining a choking woman. ;)

echobbase79

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 08, 2017, 07:16:43 PM

Yeah, I don't want it to reveal to much about him.

Ingwar

Quote from: Enoch on Mar 08, 2017, 07:08:21 PM

Quote"'Learn from me, if not by my precepts, at least by my example, how dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge and how much happier that man is who believes his native town to be the world, than he who aspires to become greater than his nature will allow,'"  chapter 4 of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley; originally titled The Modern Prometheus

Nice one Enoch!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed