Scifed says they have some info about Paradise *Spoilers*

Started by Anthony, Mar 07, 2017, 06:39:13 PM

Author
Scifed says they have some info about Paradise *Spoilers* (Read 5,220 times)

Anthony

Anthony

As always, take it with a major grain of salt. Scifed has been wrong about things in the past (see: the Neo VS Xeno report).

http://www.alien-covenant.com/news/engineers-did-not-create-humanity-or-xenomorph

Corporal Hicks

Can't say I've heard any of this from my own sources. Doesn't sound like the screenings gave any hint towards this either. We'll see. Maybe it comes to fruition or maybe I add it to my "Alien: Covenant Rumours That Went Nowhere" article.

Enoch

Enoch

So, the prologue scene from Prometheus actually showed
the creation of those humanoid guys (petrified) in Paradise?
Very possible.

Those leaks, screening and all those so called infos and intels...
How reliable they could be...?? I m completely suspicious regarding that matter.

Ultramorph

The Weyland-Yutani report did speculate that perhaps humans and Engineers are actually brother species, so who knows.

Corporal Hicks

I'd be interested to see it go that way. That we're all some sort of creation of the true Space Jockeys.

Cavalorn

The problem with the entire premise of this article is that the Scott quote is garbled. "We've reinvented the idea of Alien, which is that Covenant gets us a step closer to who and why was this thing designed to make human beings" doesn't make any sense. Why was WHAT thing designed to make human beings? How does the question of who 'made human beings' reinvent the idea of Alien?

My best guess is that the quote is simply missing the word 'afraid' at the end, because of a transcription error. Other accounts of Scott's speech make it plain that 'this thing' is the Xenomorph. He's talking about horror here, not the origins of humanity:

'Seven guys and gals in a steel hull. Frankly, the very old idea of The Old Dark House. Who's gonna die next? The fundamental basis of Alien was a pretty old B-movie, but because of the cast and talent involved it came out an A+ movie. So we've reinvented the idea of Alien, I think, which is that Covenant gets us a step closer to who and why was this thing designed to make human beings afraid.'

Enoch

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2017, 07:07:19 PM
I'd be interested to see it go that way. That we're all some sort of creation of the true Space Jockeys.

Me too.  It actually perfectly fits with the Prometheus story.

chris_bert

Absolutely fascinating. It's going to take some time for for my little gerbil brain to comprehend around such a sophisticated concept. I'm really curious how this--if it's true--will be conveyed in Covenant or subsequent films so that the moviegoer is able to comprehend the significance? It really does shift my understanding then of who the pilot might have been in the 1979 Alien/Nostromo film. 

NickisSmart

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 07, 2017, 07:07:19 PM

*cough* "Great Old Ones!" *cough*

Adorianu

Oh that would be awesome if there is something higher than Engineers and that xenomorphs are even more mysterious and ancient.

Infected

First of, i think Scott is refering to David who created the xenomorph, the engineers tried but failed and David was able to create that perfect species.
If this is the case what they are saying, we are going or we have to see one of those "gods" in Covenant, and that i doubt.
Introducing such a huge race or races in the next movie is way too much to put in one movie.
This god type "blasphemy" will never happen in Scotts Alien movies, it will refer too much towards religions.
I hope there is something bigger coming in Covenant, but i think we are going with the anti climax of David and his creations.

chris_bert

Quote from: Infected on Mar 07, 2017, 07:47:25 PM
First of, i think Scott is refering to David who created the xenomorph, the engineers tried but failed and David was able to create that perfect species.
If this is the case what they are saying, we are going or we have to see one of those "gods" in Covenant, and that i doubt.
Introducing such a huge race or races in the next movie is way too much to put in one movie.
This god type "blasphemy" will never happen in Scotts Alien movies, it will refer too much towards religions.
I hope there is something bigger coming in Covenant, but i think we are going with the anti climax of David and his creations.

So maybe you can help me understand a few things because now I'm all turned around on the significance of Ridley Scott producing the 2012 Prometheus film and it sounds like you might have a better understanding than I do:

Spoiler
So the Scified article might actually be referring to David creating the xenomorph...a damaged synthetic possessing the ability to do something so complicated that the Engineers in the 2012 Prometheus film could not accomplish? That David...that's who we're talking about here? Even as a synthetic he has a substantially higher IQ but David the damaged synthetic figures out how to create the xenomorph?
[close]

Spoiler
So why would we need so many sequels in the film if Ridley just wants to tell a story that a synthetic that was created by man but treated possibly in an unfair way by his creator (man) is responsible for creating a incredibly dangerous species like the xenomorph that can be used to destroy man? Why not just do that in the Covenant film and be done with it? What's the significance of stretching this out for several sequels then?
[close]

Let me know if you have any insight on the above because I'm now really confused after the Scified article.

SpeedyMaxx

Like a lot of other people, they're just running away with Ridley's quote about "these guys didn't make the alien". We know who probably made the alien now (and IMO it's lame). They're misinterpreting what he said, that's all. Same old mistake and presumption.

rabidranger

This makes the Engineers "fallen angels" IMO. Higher in the "evolutionary" order than humans (who themselves have a pecking order) but below a superior race who they have rebelled against. I'm still not sure where the "aliens" fit in. Perhaps they are representative of the real "gods" of the story?

Darth Vile

Interesting. It seems then that the engineer in Prometheus may have been the last of his kind? Perhaps all the gods were killed in a great war and the facility in Prometheus was attacked, rather than it being an accident?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed