why isnt this game on STEAM?

Started by piff, Mar 04, 2017, 11:13:43 PM

Author
why isnt this game on STEAM? (Read 1,282 times)

piff

piff

I find it barbaric that such a good game is left to master server patches and arguments about the patch. Why cant this game come out on steam??

Gate

Gate

Quote from: piff on Mar 04, 2017, 11:13:43 PM
I find it barbaric that such a good game is left to master server patches and arguments about the patch. Why cant this game come out on steam??
Believe it or not, the community support for this game is probably less than 200 people at this point. The company doesn't care anymore. Also, AvP2 came during the days of xfire, before steam was a thing.

piff

piff

Quote from: Gate on Mar 04, 2017, 11:34:33 PM
Believe it or not, the community support for this game is probably less than 200 people at this point. The company doesn't care anymore. Also, AvP2 came during the days of xfire, before steam was a thing.

yeah but the avp before this one is on steam.....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/

x-M-x

x-M-x

Too many threads on this subject.

COPYRIGHT HELL

Different companies own diff parts of this game.

They would need to come to some sort of an agreement for it to be on STEAM.

piff

piff

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 05, 2017, 12:31:55 AM
Too many threads on this subject.

COPYRIGHT HELL

Different companies own diff parts of this game.

They would need to come to some sort of an agreement for it to be on STEAM.

well has anyone tried to contact them? im sure a couple of nicely worded letters to the right parties who might just sign off and say yes put it on steam

hey, you never know until you try

Gate

Gate

Quote from: piff on Mar 05, 2017, 12:05:27 AM
Quote from: Gate on Mar 04, 2017, 11:34:33 PM

yeah but the avp before this one is on steam.....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/3730/

Because rebellion revived it as buildup to AvP3's release. Christ, was AvP3 really ten years ago?

System Apollo

Almost, just another 3 years. Your suggestion is possible but it would depend on particular circumstances. How would the party's involved profit from it?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

It's for the same reason a No One Live Forever remake wasn't possible:
http://kotaku.com/the-sad-story-behind-a-dead-pc-game-that-cant-come-back-1688358811

Don't expect it, it's over, we had everything with this game and no more is coming.

SonicFox [SG_CMD]

One possibility (if enough people are intersted) might be a petition. Or, perhaps a fundraiser/donations to make it available on Steam?

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: SonicFox [SG_CMD] on Mar 07, 2017, 03:23:43 AM
One possibility (if enough people are intersted) might be a petition. Or, perhaps a fundraiser/donations to make it available on Steam?

Who knows,

if this game ever came to steam, i can expect the floodgates to be open.

It would no doubt get a lot of attention.

:)

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: x-M-x on Mar 07, 2017, 08:51:44 AM
Quote from: SonicFox [SG_CMD] on Mar 07, 2017, 03:23:43 AM

Who knows,

if this game ever came to steam, i can expect the floodgates to be open.

It would no doubt get a lot of attention.

:)
yes if you are Richie Rich maybe

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

You're asking if Fox, Warner Bros and Vivendi could hang out together ::)
There might even be Mr. X which bought some rights (like the creative director or producer of the game) that may not even work for any of these companies anymore.
It's copyright 101 problem.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: Le Celticant on Mar 07, 2017, 04:42:05 PM
There might even be Mr. X which bought some rights (like the creative director or producer of the game)

I Tried.... the meeting didn't go through... negotiations broke down....  :D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed