Bumblebee (Transformers Spin-off)

Started by ace3g, Mar 03, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

Author
Bumblebee (Transformers Spin-off) (Read 8,814 times)

KiramidHead

I'd say the story with the Transformers themselves in the third movie is almost kind of good, it's just weighed down by the humans and that f**king first half. And I would like the fourth one a lot more if they cut the annoying boyfriend and if it wasn't nearly three f**king hours long.

Last Knight is the worst of them all.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2019, 03:07:48 AM
I'd say the story with the Transformers themselves in the third movie is almost kind of good, it's just weighed down by the humans and that f**king first half. And I would like the fourth one a lot more if they cut the annoying boyfriend and if it wasn't nearly three f**king hours long.

Last Knight is the worst of them all.

The first was so-so
Second was rough
I loved Dark of the Moon
Age of Extinction was so disappointing at first, but God its grown on me for some reason. The boyfriend though, "10 minutes! 10 minutes!" God almighty, it's horrendous. The constant boyfriend/girlfriend angle is killing the movies and it needs to go. Save that crap for American Pie.

The Last Knight though, yeah, I've only watched it once but it was just so bad. I think it's the only modern film I've only watched once and forgotten about it. And that's a shame considering Hopkins was in it. I've almost forgotten it altogether. Might need to watch it again just to be sure.

I do hope we can get a transformers-only movie someday soon. Peter Cullen is getting old and it just wouldn't be the same without him.

KiramidHead

Kelsey Grammer is so damn good as the bad guy in Age of Extinction, and Wahlberg is a much better leading man than Shia was. If only that last hour in China wasn't there, the film would be so much more tolerable.

Although in all fairness to Shia, Bay made Wahlberg's character into a total twat in Last Knight, so it probably wasn't his fault.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't understand how anyone
who was cinematically literate
could like any of the MB films.

Age of Extinction has enough
lens flares and Capitalist idol
status pandering to make me
puke alone.

There's hardly a narrative or
a cinematic element they get
right in these films it would be
an insurmountable task to list
everything they get wrong...

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 12, 2019, 03:39:22 AM
Kelsey Grammer is so damn good as the bad guy in Age of Extinction, and Wahlberg is a much better leading man than Shia was. If only that last hour in China wasn't there, the film would be so much more tolerable.

Although in all fairness to Shia, Bay made Wahlberg's character into a total twat in Last Knight, so it probably wasn't his fault.

Indeed. Age of extinction had it's good points. It was good to see Galvatron and it was wonderful to have Welker doing his thing. The design for the dinobots was a bit disappointing but the scene between them and Prime in the valley was beautifully shot. Grammar was a solid bad guy and I liked the character of Lockdown.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 12, 2019, 03:51:52 AM
I don't understand how anyone
who was cinematically literate
could like any of the MB films.

I watch movies to be entertained, and different movies entertain in different ways. Sometimes I want to laugh, other times I want to be frightened, and sometimes I just want to see monsters fight. There's a wide range of emotions and tastes. Not every meal needs to be a banquet, nor a tea sandwich. Sometimes you just want or need a damn burger.

The Old One

The Old One

And there's better "Burgers"
Pacific Rim or Bumblebee.

Plus, you never "turn your brain off"
when watching film anyway, really;

EDIT:
(Everyone should watch to) 3:40
At least.

Huggs

Huggs

Oh, I don't turn my brain off. I felt every agonizing minute of the predator.  ;D

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Bumblebee was mediocre. The only reason this movie is getting high praise is because Michael Bay stepped down as director. Everybody is just exaggerating how good the film is just to spite him. I saw this coming since I'm one of the few people in this world who actually wants to be fair to the guy. Let me start off by saying that out of the five Michael Bay movies only two of them are legitimately terrible: Revenge of the Fallen and The Last Knight. Revenge of the Fallen for being a juvenile farce and The Last Knight for being a convoluted mess. the other three films were perfectly adequate, at least as adequate as Bumblebee. Though for my money, I'd rank Bumblebee below T1,3&4. The people who go around saying "this is the Transformers movie we've been waiting for." are a bunch of hypocrites. Nobody is praising this movie for what's in the film, they're only praising what's NOT in the film. I.E no hot woman, product placement, American flags, excessive explosions, the one or two PG-13 level/Marvel-esque sex jokes. Wow, if only Michael Bay knew that's all he had to do to win people over.

But seriously, this movie is barely passable. the only exceptional aspect about it was Charlie Watson and her character arc. How about that, the best part of this Transformers film is the part that has nothing to do with Transformers. everything else was by-the-numbers, uninteresting, and bland. As a Transformers film, it offers nothing new, interesting or original. this movie actually feels like it's ashamed to be a transformers film, it couldn't even be bothered to give any of the decepticons names. Our two main villains are red decepticon and blue decepticon and they're hear to find B-127 because Optimus told him to go to Earth and establish a base for the Autobots. Ok, so let me get this straight: Optimus Prime, leader of the Autobots, wants to risk bringing his war to Earth and put the human race in the crossfire? Does that sound like something Optimus would do? Why Earth? it's not like they need air to breath. Also, Optimus Prime, Ravage and Cliff-jumper have names but Bumblebee is just called B-127? is there a practical reason for this or is this just a convoluted way to give Bumblebee's name more meaning?  Bay's films handled the Transformers aspect better. For one thing I actually know what the Autobots and Decepticons are fighting over. This movie couldn't be bothered to tell us what the war on Cybertron is about. Ironic, since everybody seems to think the opening scene is the best part of the movie. Oh boy, 2 minutes of nameless robots shooting at each other for no discernible reason is the highlight of this film, huh? totally worth the 92% RT score.

For all the shit the Bay films get for their 'plot-holes' and "stupid" moments, this movie is filled with just as many but nobody cares because, you know, no Michael Bay automatically equals quality. ::) Why does Optimus want to bring his war to Earth? How come when the Decepticons shoot at the launch pad the rockets go around the surface of the tower and destroy it's base instead of the actual launch pad? Oh right, because then there would be no movie. How the hell did Bumblebee lose his memory, Infact, WHY was it necessary for him to lose his memory? What exactly was Bumblebee going to do if he didn't lose his memory? His mission was just to go to Earth and wait.(yes, the plot is that thin) Why does his memory inexplicably come back? Why does turning the car key automatically send a signal out into space? is it just so we can get the Decepticons to come to Earth? Why the hell would the blue Decepticon, who was shown slicing Cliffjumper in half, fail at killing bumblebee when he had him in captivity? Oh right, because he's Bumblebee, plot armor is strong with this one. How the hell is Optimus not dead? The last time we saw him, he was surrounded by 50 Decepticons charging him at once but for some reason, he's alive and well on Earth at the end of the film. You know if Michael Bay directed this movie, everybody would be fuming over this shit.

For so long, Transformers fans have bitched and moaned about how the Transformers never got enough screen-time, personality, or lines of dialogue in the Bay films. Well I think you all owe Michael Bay an apology because the Transformers in this film have even less presence than they ever had in any of Bay's films. Especially fan-favorites like Soundwave, Shockwave, and Starscream who only appear on screen for 10 seconds, do nothing, and have 2 or no lines of dialogue. Hell, they don't even have names. Just to put that in perspective for you: Jolt,the most insignificant Autobot in the worst Transformers movie, not only had a name but a purpose in the story, he transplanted Jetfire's parts to Optimus, giving him the power to beat The Fallen. how does it feel to have your favorite decepticons out-shined by a soulless walking piece of product placement? "Bumblebee is the Transformers film we've been waiting for." this isn't a Transformers film, this is a decent Disney-channel original movie reluctantly trying to be a Transformers film. It's very telling when the last thing you see in this movie isn't the Autobots arriving to Earth, but Charlie working on her dad's car. Think about that.

As far as I'm concerned Age of Extinction is the best Transformers film. Optimus prime actually has a character arc, the autobots have names and personalities, the villain is a menacing badass, Cade Yeager is still the most useful human character any of these movies have ever had, the plot actually has a lot of interesting ideas and creative turns. Such a shame The Last Knight was so terrible.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 19, 2019, 08:35:14 PM
Well I think you all owe Michael Bay an apology...

Woah, right there.

I wouldn't apologize to him if he finally gave me the transformers movie I always wanted. I like certain things about some of the other films. There's some fun scenes and ideas sprinkled here and there. But if this latest film is a pile of crap, I'm not surprised. Even if Bay wasn't directing, he set this franchise on the path of ludicrousness, and for that, there shall be no forgiveness. None. Not from me. Never.

His idea of a movie is a shot of a tiny thonged out bootie filmed in orange haze and bright light, while someone wearing excessive amounts of jewelry and sweat bites into an orange, fires a glock, and screams "sh*t" in slow motion as the same old fireworks explode everywhere. He may as well call every movie he makes, Extreme Florida 7.

That has nothing to do with Transformers, it never did. We don't just need a new director, we need someone who will openly denounce the aesthetic and narrative choices of Bay and the franchise as it exists right now. Most importantly, somebody with authority needs to make the choice to completely remove the human element entirely. No humans. None, zip, nada, zilch, nunca. No mas. It's enough already. The human element and all the humorous, youthful and emotional baggage that accompanies it have been flat-out drowning the franchise since the beginning.

If making a digital transformers film set on cybertron is too expensive, then let the franchise rest in peace until such a thing becomes more affordable and doable. Until then, there's always war/fall of cybertron.

Jigsaw85

Jigsaw85

Quote from: Huggs on Jan 20, 2019, 12:05:59 AM
Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Jan 19, 2019, 08:35:14 PM
Well I think you all owe Michael Bay an apology...

Woah, right there.

I wouldn't apologize to him if he finally gave me the transformers movie I always wanted. I like certain things about some of the other films. There's some fun scenes and ideas sprinkled here and there. But if this latest film is a pile of crap, I'm not surprised. Even if Bay wasn't directing, he set this franchise on the path of ludicrousness, and for that, there shall be no forgiveness. None. Not from me. Never.

His idea of a movie is a shot of a tiny thonged out bootie filmed in orange haze and bright light, while someone wearing excessive amounts of jewelry and sweat bites into an orange, fires a glock, and screams "sh*t" in slow motion as the same old fireworks explode everywhere. He may as well call every movie he makes, Extreme Florida 7.

That has nothing to do with Transformers, it never did. We don't just need a new director, we need someone who will openly denounce the aesthetic and narrative choices of Bay and the franchise as it exists right now. Most importantly, somebody with authority needs to make the choice to completely remove the human element entirely. No humans. None, zip, nada, zilch, nunca. No mas. It's enough already. The human element and all the humorous, youthful and emotional baggage that accompanies it have been flat-out drowning the franchise since the beginning.

If making a digital transformers film set on cybertron is too expensive, then let the franchise rest in peace until such a thing becomes more affordable and doable. Until then, there's always war/fall of cybertron.

Don't take what I said out of context. I was just pointing out that the transformers had more relevance and purpose in the bay films than in Bumblebee, which everyone insists is the ideal transformers film. I didn't spend 10 years listening to these brats cry over the fact that their precious robots weren't the main characters in Bay's movies only for them to turn around, forget all about that, and praise this Iron Giant knockoff simply because it's not a Michael Bay movie. I mean really, Bumblebee sitting in a garage like a silent puppy dog is the movie fans have been waiting for? Give me a f**king break.

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 19, 2019, 11:24:38 PM
Embarrassing...

Yes you are.

ace3g

ace3g

Shasvre

Shasvre

Local Trouble

Glad to see Bee is getting a sequel.  The first two minutes alone were worth it.

KiramidHead

Bumblebee being it's own universe while still having Sector 7 and John Turturro is screwing with my head lol.

Local Trouble

I think they only did that back when they weren't sure if Bumblebee would be a hard or soft reboot so they included/excluded certain things that would allow it to be both.  IIRC, it was declared to be a hard reboot a while back.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed