User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bumblebee (Transformers Spin-off)  (Read 2924 times)

KiramidHead
Jan 12, 2019, 03:07:48 AM
Reply #90 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:07:48 AM
Q
I'd say the story with the Transformers themselves in the third movie is almost kind of good, it's just weighed down by the humans and that f**king first half. And I would like the fourth one a lot more if they cut the annoying boyfriend and if it wasn't nearly three f**king hours long.

Last Knight is the worst of them all.

Huggs
Jan 12, 2019, 03:35:59 AM
Reply #91 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:35:59 AM
Q
I'd say the story with the Transformers themselves in the third movie is almost kind of good, it's just weighed down by the humans and that f**king first half. And I would like the fourth one a lot more if they cut the annoying boyfriend and if it wasn't nearly three f**king hours long.

Last Knight is the worst of them all.

The first was so-so
Second was rough
I loved Dark of the Moon
Age of Extinction was so disappointing at first, but God its grown on me for some reason. The boyfriend though, "10 minutes! 10 minutes!" God almighty, it's horrendous. The constant boyfriend/girlfriend angle is killing the movies and it needs to go. Save that crap for American Pie.

The Last Knight though, yeah, I've only watched it once but it was just so bad. I think it's the only modern film I've only watched once and forgotten about it. And that's a shame considering Hopkins was in it. I've almost forgotten it altogether. Might need to watch it again just to be sure.

I do hope we can get a transformers-only movie someday soon. Peter Cullen is getting old and it just wouldn't be the same without him.

KiramidHead
Jan 12, 2019, 03:39:22 AM
Reply #92 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:39:22 AM
Q
Kelsey Grammer is so damn good as the bad guy in Age of Extinction, and Wahlberg is a much better leading man than Shia was. If only that last hour in China wasn't there, the film would be so much more tolerable.

Although in all fairness to Shia, Bay made Wahlberg's character into a total twat in Last Knight, so it probably wasn't his fault.

The Old One
Jan 12, 2019, 03:51:52 AM
Reply #93 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:51:52 AM
Q
I don't understand how anyone
who was cinematically literate
could like any of the MB films.

Age of Extinction has enough
lens flares and Capitalist idol
status pandering to make me
puke alone.

There's hardly a narrative or
a cinematic element they get
right in these films it would be
an insurmountable task to list
everything they get wrong...

Huggs
Jan 12, 2019, 03:59:15 AM
Reply #94 on: Jan 12, 2019, 03:59:15 AM
Q
Kelsey Grammer is so damn good as the bad guy in Age of Extinction, and Wahlberg is a much better leading man than Shia was. If only that last hour in China wasn't there, the film would be so much more tolerable.

Although in all fairness to Shia, Bay made Wahlberg's character into a total twat in Last Knight, so it probably wasn't his fault.

Indeed. Age of extinction had it's good points. It was good to see Galvatron and it was wonderful to have Welker doing his thing. The design for the dinobots was a bit disappointing but the scene between them and Prime in the valley was beautifully shot. Grammar was a solid bad guy and I liked the character of Lockdown.

I don't understand how anyone
who was cinematically literate
could like any of the MB films.

I watch movies to be entertained, and different movies entertain in different ways. Sometimes I want to laugh, other times I want to be frightened, and sometimes I just want to see monsters fight. There's a wide range of emotions and tastes. Not every meal needs to be a banquet, nor a tea sandwich. Sometimes you just want or need a damn burger.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 04:14:30 AM by Huggs »

The Old One
Jan 12, 2019, 06:10:46 AM
Reply #95 on: Jan 12, 2019, 06:10:46 AM
Q
And there's better "Burgers"
 Pacific Rim or Bumblebee.

Plus, you never "turn your brain off"
when watching film anyway, really;
https://youtu.be/rhG3PJPx4Sk

EDIT:
(Everyone should watch to) 3:40
At least.

« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2019, 06:29:14 AM by The Old One »

Huggs
Jan 12, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
Reply #96 on: Jan 12, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
Q
Oh, I don't turn my brain off. I felt every agonizing minute of the predator.  ;D

Facebook Twitter Instagram Steam RSS Feed