Bumblebee (Transformers Spin-off)

Started by ace3g, Mar 03, 2017, 01:16:14 AM

Author
Bumblebee (Transformers Spin-off) (Read 8,815 times)

Vermillion

Kids need colours to identify toys. 
This will do well.
Too bad Chris Collins/Latta has passed away.  I miss the real Starscream voice.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Vermillion on Dec 11, 2018, 01:03:52 AM
Kids need colours to identify toys. 
This will do well.
Too bad Chris Collins/Latta has passed away.  I miss the real Starscream voice.

"OW MY FOOT!"

Immortan Jonesy

Quote"We actually have an animated movie in the works that will tell the whole Cybertron mythology. The fans will love that.

It will be hard with Optimus, he is always right, very stoic and is a man of few words ... It is kind of like saying, 'Lets do a movie about Obi-Wan Kenobi?' But how much is there to say about Obi-Wan? It is not so easy."

https://twitter.com/TheLastReel/status/1077265532368371712

Master Chief

Now this is the Transformers movie we needed! So much 80's nostalgia, references, and feels!

They absolutely nailed the G1 characters and hearing Soundwave's voice nearly brought tears to my eyes. haha

There were a few parts of the movie where I blurted out "yes!"  One part in particular was when Charlie
Spoiler
was being encouraged to cliff dive and Bumblebee played a snippet of "The Touch" song from the Transformers movie!
[close]

There were some sad parts as well.  Like when
Spoiler
Dropkick killed Cliffjumper  :'(
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Excellent.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Master Chief on Jan 03, 2019, 04:23:55 PM
Now this is the Transformers movie we needed! So much 80's nostalgia, references, and feels!

They absolutely nailed the G1 characters and hearing Soundwave's voice nearly brought tears to my eyes. haha

There were a few parts of the movie where I blurted out "yes!"  One part in particular was when Charlie
Spoiler
was being encouraged to cliff dive and Bumblebee played a snippet of "The Touch" song from the Transformers movie!
[close]

There were some sad parts as well.  Like when
Spoiler
Dropkick killed Cliffjumper  :'(
[close]

When the first one happened i did let out a little Squee in the cinema lol

on the second one
Spoiler
Yeah that sucked for me as i'd always planned in my head for bringing the Rock back to play Cliffjumper in a Transformers movie i'd have made. Kinda wished they'd used Bluestreak or Huffer for that bit really. Especially as they'd killed Brawn earlier
[close]

MudButt

MudButt

It's unfortunate that this movie isn't doing so well at the Box Office. We finally get a good movie and the people don't see it.

Perhaps everyone was getting tired of the Bayformers flicks. Especially since the last one underperformed. Bumblebee opens in China this weekend so hopefully that gives it a decent boost. This movie had a slightly smaller budget than the other films which helps it a bit as well.

Really want to see more of these. It doesn't help it opened up during the most crowded weekend ever.

Vermillion

There is a simple reason why it didn't catch the target audience.
It's the in thing in Hollywood.

Vermillion

This is the G1 we grew up with.  The transformers were spot on.
Spike on the other hand...

SiL

SiL

Yes, totally the fact it was a female lead that tanked the film. ::)

Certainly there are people who are bothered by it -- here you are! -- but it turns out most people are actually fine with their main characters having vaginas these days.

The Old One

The Old One

I think the reason it tanked was;

A: Franchise exhaustion.

&

B: Poor marketing.

I don't think a girl being the protagonist comes into it.
Not like "Spike" had any personality anyway.

whiterabbit

So was this a good movie or what? I mean the reason the thing bombed is because people like me, who actually wanted a film like this don't actually bother to go see it in theaters. Though I might if it is good...

SiL

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Jan 05, 2019, 09:42:05 AM
Did anyone ever watch Transformers for the human characters? Let's be honest. :laugh:

Vermillion

Quote from: SiL on Jan 05, 2019, 10:23:11 AM
Quote from: The Old One on Jan 05, 2019, 09:42:05 AM
Did anyone ever watch Transformers for the human characters? Let's be honest. :laugh:

True! :)

Vermillion

Quote from: SiL on Jan 05, 2019, 08:32:30 AM
Yes, totally the fact it was a female lead that tanked the film. ::)

Certainly there are people who are bothered by it -- here you are! -- but it turns out most people are actually fine with their main characters having vaginas these days.
Strange it lists Jurassic World and Avengers as having a female lead.
Star Wars The Force awakens and the last Jedi really inflates the revenue per budget stat. 
But nice charts

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed