Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 152,512 times)

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: walker31 on Feb 23, 2017, 03:24:18 PM
Wow....just when I thought the 4 armed-Goro looking predator from the Predators comic was stupid, this just took that to a whole new level of off the rails.  No wonder no respectable mainstream actor will touch this thing!  And, you guys keep assuming this is an old script and they will fix it, but remember that Predators early script leak was 90% true.
The actors that are in this film are mainstream actors, Holbrook is becoming a star now.....Narcos, Logan and now the lead in The Predator. Who cares if Affleck, Hardy or the Rock aren't in it, doesn't mean it can't be a blockbuster or a really good movie.

I have a feeling we're gonna be really surprised by what they have going on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master

It looks that insted of film about Predator recovering his tech will get some crazy ass invasion movie, with dozens of captured Predators and Predator Engineer  ::)

It's too worse not to be true.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: greygoose on Feb 23, 2017, 01:15:58 PM
It's an overview of the April 2016 version of the script (133 pages), so they had half a year to edit it in some way (if at all).

Thanks. Glad we've got that specific date. I know there's a couple of drafts of this knocking around.

skhellter

Do we know the budget for this?

This plot breakdown makes it sound like it'll be around 90million$

goose_3387

The ideas sound that far out that it has potential, as an alien/sci-fi movie anyway. As a Predator movie we'll have to wait and see...

Who knows if some parts are even true/still in there.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: skhellter on Feb 23, 2017, 03:44:19 PM
Do we know the budget for this?

I don't think we've had any comments on that yet.

skhellter

80-90 million seems fair.. if they were really going for A-List talent at one point.

And taking weird/crazy ideas and making solid films out of them is Shane Black's whole thing.

Should be an interesting watch, at least.  :D

overthere

Holy hell, I read this and I love it. This actually sounds great. And 3 legged Predator is not that strange considering he's supposedly in a chamber in Area 51 with the rest of "mutant aliens". There's people with 3 legs, why not Predators? It's a defect.

Now I'm sad I read this because I still want to be surprised.

Master

You seriously love it?

overthere

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2017, 04:29:12 PM
You seriously love it?

Yes! By the looks of it, this is exactly what I wanted. I even wrote about it long ago that I want a Predator movie where he's captured and he escapes the facility. It's somewhere in my post history, I should sue Shane if this is true. But yea, if this is true, it has a lot of different things going for it, all of them new, different, unique and interesting. I can't wait to see Predators in these scenarios.

Though I am a bit sad now I possibly ruined a lot of surprises. But this sounds great. And this is coming from a hardcore Predator fan, I don't think anyone here loves the original as much as I do.

Master

What about the dumb stuff, like predator spider hybrids,  like sucking DNA to become more human and... better predator? Kid using pred tech?

echobbase79

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 23, 2017, 11:52:33 AM
lol I'll not be passing any judgement yet. If that's legit, there are a couple of things I like

Predator dogs
Area 52 (almost a nod to AvP classic )

And there are things I really don't like

Three legged predators.

But saying that. It's all in the execution. Plus we know very little about the species so why not all these strange ideas.

Curious. I'd love to see how that works.

Spoiler
Or maybe that's where the genetic modification comes in?
[close]

von

Feeling even stronger  Concrete Jungle and Bad Blood vibes now. A great thing! Let's see how all these will be executed!

echobbase79

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2017, 05:25:26 PM
What about the dumb stuff, like predator spider hybrids,  like sucking DNA to become more human and... better predator? Kid using pred tech?

I hope the predator spider hybrids don't use tech.  :laugh:

von

Those concepts are... interesting. But when they're worded like they are, it just makes them sound ridiculous, I know.

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 23, 2017, 05:32:44 PM

I hope the predator spider hybrids don't use tech.  :laugh:

As long as it's not one brainless cgi fest. Pretty sure it won't be though!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed