Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers*

Started by goose_3387, Feb 23, 2017, 11:23:02 AM

Author
Possible Script Breakdown *potential spoilers* (Read 153,579 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Feb 23, 2018, 08:42:49 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 23, 2018, 07:46:54 PM
Quote from: DerelictShip on Feb 23, 2018, 07:01:24 PM
Where do I sign up?

A masked man will come to you just past midnight. You have to sign in blood.
Then you must remove your pants,  bend and be strong.

:laugh: :laugh:

Sutekh The Destroyer

Sutekh The Destroyer

I held out as long as I could but in the end I caved and looked up the spoilers.

My knee jerk reaction was not to like it but within seconds I found myself warming up to most, not all, the film was brining. It really will depend on the execution.

If your a Yautja hardliner, like I was when I was younger, your gonna hate this film with a passion. But really the Yaujta lore is not that ingrained in even the comics. Most do not touch on that subject at all, sticking to the movies' habit showing hints. Most novels post the dark horse ones make up their own, South China Sea being a good example.

As for the whole Predators using DNA to improve themselves, I'm shore that was something in the old Predators script. The Super Predators looked different because they were genetically modifying themselves with their preys DNA. With that unused idea plus the supposed blood feud mentioned in that film and the deserters in this one, one could assume The Predator is building on what was hinted at in Predators as well as keeping in line with 1 and 2. It would seem that Predators as a race are collectively going in for "improving themselves" and our old honour hunters are the minority.

I'm gonna have to see this to really judge it but it could work, sometimes a radical change can be a good thing if done right. Or it can be a total f##k up who knows.

Edit:

Actually, I was just thinking about the whole premis of the film and then it hit me. A person who is seen as a lesser beats a superior foe due to his unique talents.

Both the human military and the villinus Predator seek conventunal pefrection through physcial and technological improvement. They embody the sterioticpcial Alpha ideal. But in a David and Goliath twist, the Ultimate Predator is no felled by a superior foe, for none can hope to match him, but by something it and even we humans would offhandedly consider infiror or flawed.

Thats actually a pretty cool idea that plays against expectation of what a Predators film normally is about.

Jesscobb

I want it to be good, but.... what I've read, it sounds like a disaster. I don't see how anybody could be happy with the whole gm thing. Bigger isn't always better.  Independence Day 4 sequel, that sucked, could have been good!

black

I had a question for the script. How did the "stargazer" so quickly arrive at the crash site of the capsule? What is a hole in the script or am I missing something? A very strange moment.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: black on Jun 20, 2018, 03:07:29 PM
I had a question for the script. How did the "stargazer" so quickly arrive at the crash site of the capsule? What is a hole in the script or am I missing something? A very strange moment.

Good question indeed... They arrive pretty quickly (too quickly ?), maybe they were monitoring some hot spots they knew preds would favor, i don't know. Even if that's the case it isn't implied in the script afterwards.

black

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jun 20, 2018, 04:33:00 PM
Quote from: black on Jun 20, 2018, 03:07:29 PM

Good question indeed... They arrive pretty quickly (too quickly ?), maybe they were monitoring some hot spots they knew preds would favor, i don't know. Even if that's the case it isn't implied in the script afterwards.
In a stargazer there is more mysticism than in a Predator itself. ;D

funk_master_chunk

RE: Stargazer:

Spoiler

I got the impression that they and the govt.
and the defector preds were all in cahoots and that they were expecting something.

Nothing is ever said explicitly, but when the General or whoever it is is speaking to McKenna, I thought he said something along the lines of "..maybe he wanted to join the others" or something like that.

Suspension of disbelief leads me to believe that we're supposed to assume the govt. and the defectors are "allied" but stargazer want to weaponise and capture the preds 'coz alien tech & weapons = money etc.'

[close]

black

black

Quote from: funk_master_chunk on Jun 20, 2018, 09:04:23 PM
RE: Stargazer:

Spoiler

I got the impression that they and the govt.
and the defector preds were all in cahoots and that they were expecting something.

Nothing is ever said explicitly, but when the General or whoever it is is speaking to McKenna, I thought he said something along the lines of "..maybe he wanted to join the others" or something like that.

Suspension of disbelief leads me to believe that we're supposed to assume the govt. and the defectors are "allied" but stargazer want to weaponise and capture the preds 'coz alien tech & weapons = money etc.'

[close]
It sounds very illogical as the whole script.The good government of the United States and(vs) the evil corporation. ;D

OpenMaw

It's in their name.

Spoiler
They were watching for it.
[close]

Xerxész

Hey LeakedScript Readers, I have questions.

1. Actually, what exactly happens to the Ark after Captured's escape pod detaches? I assume it crashes in cloak mode but nobody (even Predators) know to where...

2. What happens with the Predator mother ship after Upgrade exits it? The script does not mention it after the crash landing.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Xerxész on Jul 03, 2018, 09:11:24 AM
Hey LeakedScript Readers, I have questions.

1. Actually, what exactly happens to the Ark after Captured's escape pod detaches? I assume it crashes in cloak mode but nobody (even Predators) know to where...

2. What happens with the Predator mother ship after Upgrade exits it? The script does not mention it after the crash landing.

Spoiler
IIRC the ark crashes in Florida, and is retrieved by Stargazer, before the upgrade get back to it to free the 8 hybrids in cryotubes.

Regarding the mother ship, indeed it seems there's no mention of it afterwards.
[close]

Xerxész

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Jul 03, 2018, 12:31:04 PM
Regarding the mother ship, indeed it seems there's no mention of it afterwards.

Maybe a cliffhanger for a potential sequel.

frenchfries

anyone know where i could find the script?

OpenMaw

I honestly thought the
Spoiler
mother ship is what crashes, no?

Captured drops off in an escape pod from what I thought was the "ark" slash "mother ship"
[close]

KiramidHead

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jul 04, 2018, 02:42:12 AM
I honestly thought the
Spoiler
mother ship is what crashes, no?

Captured drops off in an escape pod from what I thought was the "ark" slash "mother ship"
[close]

That was my impression too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed