Anybody else concerned

Started by predator2rules, Feb 23, 2017, 09:47:18 AM

Author
Anybody else concerned (Read 15,800 times)

predator2rules

predator2rules

Has anybody got those "I'm not sure about this" feeling running through their brains? I hope Shane Black can pull it off. I really do. Maybe the turn off is that kid who is in this film. Why is a kid in a Predator film? I'm sure I will be proven wrong.

Infected

Infected

The vision i get when i put everything together, is a mix of AVP:R (the part in the suburbs with the kid and nightvision) the kid on the cemetery in Predator 2 and a mix of Mimic in it, and then some actors who i see as mehhhh
And Shane Black, altough he wrote on The Last Boyscout and Last Action Hero, wich both i liked, i didnt like Iron Man 3 back when i watched it, but it wasnt that bad, i just hated those guys who turned into flameable dudes.
Overall it looked good, so im really on a scale here, sometimes i say yes and sometimes no, but in the end i think it will be a worthy movie.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: burkewhimp on Feb 23, 2017, 09:47:18 AM
Has anybody got those "I'm not sure about this" feeling running through their brains? I hope Shane Black can pull it off. I really do. Maybe the turn off is that kid who is in this film. Why is a kid in a Predator film? I'm sure I will be proven wrong.

They want to do a Spielberg approach, they said it's character driven, like Close Encounters of the Third Kind.If you don't like this style you're screwed up.I am.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

There's no lack of freedom of speech. There's an expectation that people discuss and articulate themselves like adults.

predator88

predator88

That's what I've been feeling since the very beginning. I wish the kid would go or get skinned or something but it will never happen(one of the few things in AvPR I liked was that no one was safe just like that kid in the beginning) cause Black wouldn't allow it.Other things that bug me are the kid cracking predator language or  the existence of genetically modified super predators and shit like that. If they would only stick to a story about a bad blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and a Tracker predator send to take him out and humans caught in the middle.This  would have worked so much better.

KillCrites

KillCrites

Everyone's at least a little concerned, but I'm trying to stay optimistic.  ;D

skhellter

skhellter

There's only cause for concern for hardcore fans who take the idea of The Predator super seriously.
(guys, this franchise aint hard-scifi.. relax)

Everyone else is probably gonna get a cheesy but also well made action/horror movie.
And it's probably gonna get good reviews, too.

Kind of what happened with Iron Man 3..
which alienated the core audience somewhat but was a damn good movie, otherwise.

Shane Black hasnt made a truly bad movie, so far.

Master

Master

Or it'll be horrible schlock that hardly anybody likes, see AvP-R.

Keith

Keith

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 23, 2017, 02:00:08 PM
If they would only stick to a story about a bad blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and a Tracker predator send to take him out and humans caught in the middle.This  would have worked so much better.

Exactly what I had hoped for. Have Arnold say "Diz one doesn't play by da rulz" (referring to the Bad Blood).

And also have it take place in some warm, exotic location like the Amazon Rainforest.

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: Keith on Feb 23, 2017, 03:38:57 PM
Quote from: predator88 on Feb 23, 2017, 02:00:08 PM
If they would only stick to a story about a bad blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and a Tracker predator send to take him out and humans caught in the middle.This  would have worked so much better.

Exactly what I had hoped for.

Sounds like a ripoff of AVPR. Only difference is replacing Xenomorphs with the bad blood predator.

T888

T888

I think, inside, everybody is worried.

By just looking into the recent franchises which came back...in a bad way, we have any right to be sceptical.

- the awful Terminator Genisys
- the bad Total Recall
- the disappointing Prometheus
- the poor Star Wars 7
- Predators... ???

Anyway, if the autistic child die within the first 5 minutes of The Predator...I guess it could be a great movie!  ;D

Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer

Am the same but I've just got to wait before I can judge.

overthere

overthere

You guys are all insane. This movie is doing something great. By the looks of that leaked thing, there's a whole lot of things going on. Finally a Predator movie where a lot of things happen, not just slashing people one by one. I don't think any one of you loves the original more than me, and I find what I've read amazing. Can't wait. Damn time for Predator movie to explore stuff like this.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: overthere on Feb 23, 2017, 04:50:41 PM
You guys are all insane. This movie is doing something great. By the looks of that leaked thing, there's a whole lot of things going on. Finally a Predator movie where a lot of things happen, not just slashing people one by one. I don't think any one of you loves the original more than me, and I find what I've read amazing. Can't wait. Damn time for Predator movie to explore stuff like this.

This guy. This guy gets it. This is the kind of fan Shane is making the movie for.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 23, 2017, 04:51:46 PM

This guy. This guy gets it. This is the kind of fan Shane is making the movie for.

Thanks!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed