Alfie Allen (Game Of Thrones) joins The Predator

Started by Anthony, Feb 21, 2017, 07:25:17 PM

Author
Alfie Allen (Game Of Thrones) joins The Predator (Read 20,315 times)

Anthony

Anthony

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/game-thrones-actor-alfie-allen-joins-shane-blacks-predator-978025

"Allen will play an ex-Marine who teams with several other outsiders, including one played by Holbrook, to stop the human-hunting creatures in a setting that hasn't been seen in a Predator movie: suburbia."

Johnny Handsome

Don't know the dude... what a surprise  ;D

echobbase79

He's a great actor. I saw him in John Wick too.

Corporal Hicks

Funnily enough I literally just watched John Wick for the first time a few days ago. I'm quite familiar with him from Game of Thrones and I love him as Theon but this the only casting so far that has really surprised me. I would never have expected to see him in a Predator film.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: echobbase79 on Feb 21, 2017, 07:41:40 PM

He's a great actor. I saw him in John Wick too.
Oh yeah, you're right, just looked him up and he was that asshole. Man, i hated him in that movie, indeed a good actor.

Whos_Nick

Hicks, have you seen these? Confirms the film is set in suburbia for the most part.
http://www.justjared.com/2017/02/20/olivia-munn-gets-to-work-on-the-predator-first-set-photos/

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 21, 2017, 07:48:58 PM
Hicks, have you seen these? Confirms the film is set in suburbia for the most part.
http://www.justjared.com/2017/02/20/olivia-munn-gets-to-work-on-the-predator-first-set-photos/

Thanks, Nick. We saw those earlier today. I wouldn't say they confirm it'll be taking place in suburbia. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of it - especially with Munn playing a scientist. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in a university or research facility setting.

I think perhaps we maybe getting hung up on suburbia, thinking it's going to take place around houses and playgrounds. I think we'll be seeing a Predator 2-esque urban or city location and that doesn't bother me at all.

And deleted your "constructive" post, Bishop. Can you stop trying to antagonize your fellow fandom. I thought I'd made it perfectly clear I'm bored of your attitude in that regards.

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 07:54:56 PM
Quote from: Whos_Nick on Feb 21, 2017, 07:48:58 PM

Thanks, Nick. We saw those earlier today. I wouldn't say they confirm it'll be taking place in suburbia. I wouldn't be surprised to see some of it - especially with Munn playing a scientist. I wouldn't be surprised to see her in a university or research facility setting.

I think perhaps we maybe getting hung up on suburbia, thinking it's going to take place around houses and playgrounds. I think we'll be seeing a Predator 2-esque urban or city location and that doesn't bother me at all.

And deleted your "constructive" post, Bishop. Can you stop trying to antagonize your fellow fandom. I thought I'd made it perfectly clear I'm bored of your attitude in that regards.

Many people are afraid of the suburbs because they think of AvP: R. That film suffered from a low budget and wasn't allowed to show how widespread the infestation was getting. Instead they had to resort to background noises like gunshots and screams.

The Predator I don't think will have this problem because it has a bigger budget, and more seasoned director.

BishopShouldGo

Well the problem was ultimately the story, even if the Strauses adequately sold a city wide invasion, the foundation was still weak.

I feel like if Fox forced Shane to write a Predator story set 100% in the suburbs, he'd still knock it out of the park. He's clever, his dialogue is entertaining, and his ideas are subversive.

echobbase79

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 08:03:34 PM
Well the problem was ultimately the story, even if the Strauses adequately sold a city wide invasion, the foundation was still weak.

I feel like if Fox forced Shane to write a Predator story set 100% in the suburbs, he'd still knock it out of the park. He's clever, his dialogue is entertaining, and his ideas are subversive.

Yeah, it was a crap story that was nothing more than a cash grab. Even though I still find myself enjoying the movie, I know both Greg and Colin should've done a few more films before making it. Anyway, that's the past.

Shane probably could make a entertaining Predator film set in the suburbs. Anything can work if you have good talent behind it.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Interesting choice. I like him in Game Of Thrones.

Feeds On Minds

I thought Shane said the suburbs rumor was all bs, what happened to that?

echobbase79

He said not all of it is set in the suburbs.

Dreadlock Holiday

Alfie doesn't strike me as a much of a military, ex marine type. But then again I've only really seen him in Game of Thrones.

echobbase79

He was a real asshole in John Wick. He has potential to be someone badass. It's in his eyes and face that work for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed