The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread

Started by FiorinaFury161, Feb 18, 2017, 11:38:01 PM

Do you like the skull in the Alien head?

Love the SKULL
It's ok
It makes no difference on how I feel about the Alien
Dislike the SKULL
Hate The SKULL
Hate The SKULL and the people who love it
Author
The Official SKULL or NO SKULL Thread (Read 133,812 times)

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 24, 2017, 05:25:12 PM
With Alien Day 2017 coming up, I wonder if we will get an Alien Halloween costume as a surprise. No SKULL of course :laugh:
Never happened this year... maybe next?

Spirit of Fire

Skull for sure.

as a matter of fact,

No dome but with Skull.

Local Trouble

I got a skull for you right here.

FiorinaFury161

Corporal Hicks

Local Trouble

WTF is that thing?

Corporal Hicks

That's Hudson's child.

J/K.

It's the Raven from Colonial Marines.

Local Trouble

You should go play A:CM.  Forever.

Corporal Hicks

Oh I will! Don't you worry. ;) I love my Pulse Rifles and blasting dem Alienz.

SiL

SiL

Fun fact: you kill more Aliens in the first level of A:CM than there are Aliens in the entirety of Aliens.

Local Trouble

SiL is just full of fun facts today.

NetworkATTH

NetworkATTH

Skull. simply because it begs the question why the f**k does it have a human skull underneath a translucent gel cowl. Everything about the Alien is set up to be some scientifically accurate (well relatively speaking) parasitic animal, and yet it still has that one completely unsettling unexplainable aspect to it. I think the almost supernatural element on top of a well thought out biological creature works. Just something eerie about the mixture between science and the supernatural to me. At least that's how I always took it. It can be argued, well blah blah it carries DNA and so there's a skull blah blah that's no fun, and it obviously wasn't Giger's intention. The fact it's an actual human skull only adds to it.

whiterabbit

Honestly with the direction Ridley Scott is going the Skull is probably a left over vestige from the xeno's days when it was a more human like creature. There is no escaping the fact that in Alien Ash's is clearly monitoring a very human-like embryo gestating inside of Kane.

The Skull stays.

Local Trouble

You are all terrible, horrible people.

FiorinaFury161

Except us.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed