Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!!

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Feb 16, 2017, 05:47:58 PM

Hearing the positive reactions @SXSW how excited are you NOW!!

Super pumped!!
37 (67.3%)
Okay just a little bit more.
7 (12.7%)
Nah still hasn't moved me.
11 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author
Ridley Scott, Danny McBride & Michael Fassbender to Attend SXSW 2017!!! (Read 35,158 times)

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 09:20:57 PM
Spoiler
QuoteSo far, the clips all showed beats familiar to fans of the long-running scifi horror series, however, the third one harbored the most morbid twist. In it, we saw Captain Oram talking to an android played by Michael Fassbender. However, this wasn't the newly revealed Walter model. It's David, the android last seen in Prometheus, who explained to Oram that he's become something of an amateur zoologist. As the camera lingered on dissected specimens, David revealed he's been studying the xenomorph. He explained that he's mapped how insectoid carriers burst from spores to infect hosts and create hybrid lifeforms. Davis spoke admirably about the adaptive qualities of the xenon as he led Oram to a subterranean chamber filled with the iconic Alien egg sacs. Oram asked about the status of these sacs and David replied that they're "waiting for mother" and assuring the human they're "perfectly safe, I assure you." The flaps of one sac opened, showing motion behind a cloudy membrane. Oram leaned over the opening to peer inside and a face-hugger leapt onto his head. David watched impassively as Oram struggled and died.
[close]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-ve-seen-at-least-one-very-grim-secret-at-the-heart-o-1793188750

I am pretty surprised they'd show so many key clips. The David/Oram one seems most revealing of the movie's secrets. What are your thoughts about letting so much out there, Hicks?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Recounting of the talking before the preview: https://www.inverse.com/article/28942-alien-covenant-ridley-scott-sxsw-panel

Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 11, 2017, 09:29:10 PM
I am pretty surprised they'd show so many key clips. The David/Oram one seems most revealing of the movie's secrets. What are your thoughts about letting so much out there, Hicks?

We've already seen it in the trailers so I don't think it's that much of a spoiler now. I wish we hadn't seen so many death scenes in the trailers but that's par for the course these days.

Ultramorph

Spoiler
QuoteSo far, the clips all showed beats familiar to fans of the long-running scifi horror series, however, the third one harbored the most morbid twist. In it, we saw Captain Oram talking to an android played by Michael Fassbender. However, this wasn't the newly revealed Walter model. It's David, the android last seen in Prometheus, who explained to Oram that he's become something of an amateur zoologist. As the camera lingered on dissected specimens, David revealed he's been studying the xenomorph. He explained that he's mapped how insectoid carriers burst from spores to infect hosts and create hybrid lifeforms. Davis spoke admirably about the adaptive qualities of the xenon as he led Oram to a subterranean chamber filled with the iconic Alien egg sacs. Oram asked about the status of these sacs and David replied that they're "waiting for mother" and assuring the human they're "perfectly safe, I assure you." The flaps of one sac opened, showing motion behind a cloudy membrane. Oram leaned over the opening to peer inside and a face-hugger leapt onto his head. David watched impassively as Oram struggled and died.
[close]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/we-ve-seen-at-least-one-very-grim-secret-at-the-heart-o-1793188750

Without the exact dialog
Spoiler
it still remains to be seen what precisely David has been doing. That io9 summary could be red to suggest that David has studied the Neomorphs and improved on them.
[close]

XenoHunter99

Too bad. It's perfectly clear now that the franchise is well and truly f**ked. At least the Hishe, the Honest Trailer and Cinema Sins videos will be fun to watch.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 09:31:13 PM
Quote from: shawsbaby on Mar 11, 2017, 09:29:10 PM

We've already seen it in the trailers so I don't think it's that much of a spoiler now. I wish we hadn't seen so many death scenes in the trailers but that's par for the course these days.

I'm speaking more of David's conversation with Oram. This clips seems to directly explain what he's doing and how. In some ways it's equivalent of showing a crowd a clip of David tell Shaw she's pregnant and then showing her go to the medpod to remove it. Should be a super exciting moment for the audience and it has been spoiled two months ahead of time.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 11, 2017, 09:32:51 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Without the exact dialog
Spoiler
it still remains to be seen what precisely David has been doing. That io9 summary could be red to suggest that David has studied the Neomorphs and improved on them.
[close]

That's a fair point.

Corporal Hicks

Ah! I don't think it's that big of a surprise. People have suspecting this for a long time now.

shawsbaby

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 09:41:47 PM
Ah! I don't think it's that big of a surprise. People have suspecting this for a long time now.

Ha. Well perhaps Ridley and co. (and the marketing folks) know there's nothing terribly unpredictable in this film so they might as well just try to entice people to see what's there.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 11, 2017, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
Needing more hosts for his creations, David lures the Covenant, by using a communication beacon Shaw recovered from Vickers life boat, before leaving LV-223.

Because the company thinks the SOS is from the Prometheus, its rated as high priority. And the Covenant is then redirected, Nostromo style, to investigate.

Spoiler
Apparently it's a garbled holo-recording originating from the crashed derelict that the Covenant receives. When McBride finally manages to decipher it, it turns out to be a hologram of a sick-looking Shaw singing a creepy/eerie song.
[close]

I guess you could explain it away with her going stir crazy or delirious from sickness. But If that's true, it would certainly be inconsistent to Shaw's behaviour from Prometheus. After all, she was willing to sacrifice everything to stop the black goo from getting to earth and even left a warning message to stay away from LV-223. So knowing Paradise is contaminated with the stuff, why would she risk bringing other humans there and spreading the infection back to earth?

That's why it made more sense to me, that it was David.

Spoiler
That was from test screen audience member Sargadoa who has been proven so far. Apparently it was David who sent them that holo-recording of Shaw singing. So I don't think it was actually Shaw knowingly luring them there. Just David manipulating her.
[close]

Ultramorph

I think what may end up being the case is
Spoiler
that the Neomorphs are an existing species from the Engineer's homeworld, and the Deacons are the Engineer's attempt at weaponizing them. The xenos are David's take.
[close]

Dangerous Days

Dangerous Days

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 11, 2017, 09:49:58 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 06:10:02 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Mar 11, 2017, 04:20:29 PM
Quote from: Dangerous Days on Mar 11, 2017, 12:16:35 PM
Needing more hosts for his creations, David lures the Covenant, by using a communication beacon Shaw recovered from Vickers life boat, before leaving LV-223.

Because the company thinks the SOS is from the Prometheus, its rated as high priority. And the Covenant is then redirected, Nostromo style, to investigate.

Spoiler
Apparently it's a garbled holo-recording originating from the crashed derelict that the Covenant receives. When McBride finally manages to decipher it, it turns out to be a hologram of a sick-looking Shaw singing a creepy/eerie song.
[close]

I guess you could explain it away with her going stir crazy or delirious from sickness. But If that's true, it would certainly be inconsistent to Shaw's behaviour from Prometheus. After all, she was willing to sacrifice everything to stop the black goo from getting to earth and even left a warning message to stay away from LV-223. So knowing Paradise is contaminated with the stuff, why would she risk bringing other humans there and spreading the infection back to earth?

That's why it made more sense to me, that it was David.

Spoiler
That was from test screen audience member Sargadoa who has been proven so far. Apparently it was David who sent them that holo-recording of Shaw singing. So I don't think it was actually Shaw knowingly luring them there. Just David manipulating her.
[close]

Ok, that makes more sense.

salomonj

salomonj

Hoping some of this footage will be leaked online.

http://movieweb.com/alien-covenant-sxsw-footage-review/

Very encouraging.

echobbase79

I hate to hear that the aliens were totally created in the computer, but in the shots I've seen they look damn good.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: salomonj on Mar 12, 2017, 12:11:15 AM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Mar 11, 2017, 11:59:30 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPZV9QwQB0E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w4og9Q2JEc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTUZS2ZPRpY
Is he talking about two sequels to Alien?

To Covenant... He already said that Covenant 2 is being written and will go into production as early as this year or beginning of next year.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed