Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 61,034 times)

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Master on Feb 21, 2017, 08:10:18 PM
Bullshit. John McTiernan was The Michel Bay of 80' and had Arnie, Jessie and Apollo effin Creeed in his team just to name a few.

John McTiernan didn't become John McTiernan until after Predator, is the point.

Shane Black is making a Predator film after he became thee Shane Black.

No bullshit here.

Master

Master

As I said earlier, I'll believe when I see great movie. RR was also supposed to be thee saviour of the franchise.  Didn't turn out so well.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

What remains to be seen has nothing to do with where he's at in his career compared with the previous franchise directors.

Master

Master

On the contrary, it's the only thing that matters. I find shane much better screenwriter then director, I haven't seen the nice guys though.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Yeah, that's just personal taste.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Genetically enhanced? 10 feet tall? 

Eh..My hype is now lowering. :-\

Infected

Infected

What if the predator system works as, if you kill one of them, they will send a bigger and stronger version after you,
or maybe if you kill one of them in an unfair way.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Feb 21, 2017, 08:23:45 PM
Bullshit. John McTiernan was The Michel Bay of 80' and had Arnie, Jessie and Apollo effin Creeed in his team just to name a few.

No bullshit here.

Shane was never praised for his directing skills, but he was praised for his writing skills.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 22, 2017, 02:56:54 PM

No bullshit here.

Shane was never praised for his directing skills, but he was praised for his writing skills.
Shane directed smart, critically acclaimed movies that were also liked by the audiences, and that's what makes a good director.

Point is, McTiernan was never praised for anything up until Predator, in fact he made one movie before that neither did good financially or critically, so they took a risk.

Shane Black is a household name in Hollywood and a lot of people are excited by the fact he's doing the movie, if you look at social media, a lot of people that never cared for Predator will only watch this because it's a "Shane Black movie", so yeah, at this point this is in fact the very first prominent director this franchise ever had, and to top that, at his peak as well.

Shane could do a bunch of other movies, he's only doing this because he's passionate about this franchise.

Will it be a good movie? We'll see, there is no guarantee for anything, but we have every reason to believe this will be a cool movie experience, they even go for IMAX this time.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 22, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

No bullshit here.

Shane directed smart, critically acclaimed movies that were also liked by the audiences, and that's what makes a good director.

Point is, McTiernan was never praised for anything up until Predator, in fact he made one movie before that neither did good financially or critically, so they took a risk.

Shane Black is a household name in Hollywood and a lot of people are excited by the fact he's doing the movie, if you look at social media, a lot of people that never cared for Predator will only watch this because it's a "Shane Black movie", so yeah, at this point this is in fact the very first prominent director this franchise ever had, and to top that, at his peak as well.

Shane could do a bunch of other movies, he's only doing this because he's passionate about this franchise.

Will it be a good movie? We'll see, there is no guarantee for anything, but we have every reason to believe this will be a cool movie experience, they even go for IMAX this time.
After he posted the first cast photo his Twitter account followers went from 5-6,000 to 15,000 plus in just 2 days....there's definitely a good buzz about him making this movie good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stealth_Hunter

Stealth_Hunter

Very well said, Johnny, I completely agree with you.

And damn I didn't even notice the jump in his twitter followers. Pretty awesome! I'm excited for what he shows us next.

Samhain13

Samhain13

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 22, 2017, 04:01:14 AM
Genetically enhanced? 10 feet tall? 

Eh..My hype is now lowering. :-\

There is chance that will not appear in the final movie.

The super predators were turned into berserkers in Predators.

So lets hope.

von

von

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Feb 22, 2017, 03:54:29 PM
Very well said, Johnny, I completely agree with you.

And damn I didn't even notice the jump in his twitter followers. Pretty awesome! I'm excited for what he shows us next.

He's even got his check mark now lol

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Feb 22, 2017, 03:29:21 PM

No bullshit here.

All I can see everywhere is legitimate negativity toward the news,it's a fact, deal with it Johnny Boy.

So let's check the filmography of Shane as a directror.

Iron Man 3, hated by the fans to these days.
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang which was a flop and a so so movie.
The Nice Guys, a movie with potencial ruined by a kid.Also it was a commercial failure.

:oSoooo impressed by his directing skills.

BishopShouldGo

BishopShouldGo

Iron Man 3 was a critical and commercial success.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang? Critical success. Wasn't a commercial success, but neither was the movie you worship, Predator 2. And that wasn't even a critical success.

The Nice Guys? Critical success. Wasn't a commercial success, but neither was the movie you worship, Predator 2. And that wasn't even a critical success.

The Predator will be Shane's second directorial movie that'll be based on preexisting material, I have a feeling that in addition to it being a critical success, it'll be a commercial one too. Obviously, obviously, obviously not at the level of Iron Man 3, but a commercial success in its own right.

Predator fans ain't ever had it so good and most of them don't even realize it. Just like Alien fans ain't ever had it so good with Ridley back, even though many, myself included, were underwhelmed by the trailer.

Can't take this for granted. These are the halcyon days, as opposed to 1992-2007 when: (Dillon's voice) "The apocalypse is upON us!"

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed