primal hunt content in dedit?

Started by raptoralien, Feb 07, 2017, 02:37:12 AM

Author
primal hunt content in dedit? (Read 2,002 times)

raptoralien

raptoralien

i was wondering can you take avp2 primal hunt content like textures and props and playable character ect.... and add them in to dedit map editor?   

windebieste

windebieste

Yes you can.  You can unpack the assets and use them in your Project.  You will need to create a new .rez file when distributing the assets because you can't rely on everyone owning the game to have the expansion pack installed. 

It's been about 10 years since I've done it.  Someone else will have to explain how.  Off the top of my head, I think WinRez is the best tool for unpacking assets.   Unlike LithRez, it has Windows style UI which makes it easier.  That is, if I remember right.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Lucifero

Lucifero

* Lucifer is Crouch*

listens in silence the Windebieste tips  :D

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: raptoralien on Feb 07, 2017, 02:37:12 AM
i was wondering can you take avp2 primal hunt content like textures and props and playable character ect.... and add them in to dedit map editor?

As windebieste said,

it's basically the same game with *extras* so of course you can load DEdit stuff with it.

Happy Mapping

Le Celticant

Yes you can.
The object.lto and cshell.dll are quite necessary if you want to make map specific for Primal Hunt.
With them unrez, you can access some new libraries of object in DEdit.
You can do that with every mod, quite useful if you want to use special items created in the mod.

Randomizer

Randomizer

That's a question I've been wanting to ask when I was toying around with DEdit too...but seemingly forgot. Thanks guys !  ;)

raptoralien

raptoralien

ah ok cool cool i trying to find out how. there is a unrez bat file in primal hunt folder and i click on it it said i need avp2.rez and sound.rez also echo off. and after it was done i went in to dedit nothing happen. i didn't fine new files or nothing.

windebieste

windebieste

You may have to rewrite the batch file. 

Or, if you can find WinRez download that.  It's all windows based and does the same thing without messing around with DOS commands.

WinRez download.

-Windebieste.

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: windebieste on Feb 07, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

Or, if you can find WinRez download that.  It's all windows based and does the same thing without messing around with DOS commands.

WinRez download.

-Windebieste.

Remember though, winrez has major problems with windows 7/8/10.

Unless they patched it? (or is that company still around?)

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: x-M-x on Feb 08, 2017, 08:17:51 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Feb 07, 2017, 10:44:11 PM

WinRez download.

-Windebieste.

Remember though, winrez has major problems with windows 7/8/10.

Unless they patched it? (or is that company still around?)

Are you hinting at their "trials"?  :laugh:

raptoralien

raptoralien

so that win rez program dose work still working on it little bit

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: raptoralien on Feb 10, 2017, 04:29:38 PM
so that win rez program dose work still working on it little bit

What OS? last time i checked, it installs fine, it loads up fine, but the second you pack a rez it just bombs and causes the explorer.exe to fail miserably.

you'll be no doubt, using *lithrez* very soon.

raptoralien

raptoralien

i'm using windows 10

x-M-x

x-M-x

Quote from: raptoralien on Feb 10, 2017, 06:15:57 PM
i'm using windows 10

Very odd, perhaps it works under 10 then.

Very good if it does, saves time packing rez files that way.

JP

JP

Are people still using winrez_cancer.rez? This program is completely useless and will give your computer AIDS. The game tools provide the means to extract content using the unrez.bat

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed