State of music nowdays.

Started by THE CITY HUNTER, Feb 03, 2017, 10:23:23 PM

Author
State of music nowdays. (Read 1,891 times)

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

What do you think of the state of music?is it crap because I think it is and what is needed to bring good music back if you think music is bad.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Haven't kept up with the charts since early '00s so I wouldn't know.

SM

SM

SM

SM

You shouldn't start moaning about the state of music at least until your 40s.

Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2017, 10:28:20 PM
According to whom?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2017, 03:17:39 AMhttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/304/old.jpg

:laugh:

Still, modern music is largely overly-manufactured shite to my ears. I don't listen to much made since the turn of the millennium. There are a few good current bands out there but they're few and far between.

(And I'm not yet 40. Or even 30 :P)

Valaquen

Valaquen

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 06, 2017, 12:38:44 PM
Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2017, 03:17:39 AMhttp://i1.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/facebook/000/019/304/old.jpg

:laugh:

Still, modern music is largely overly-manufactured shite to my ears. I don't listen to much made since the turn of the millennium. There are a few good current bands out there but they're few and far between.

(And I'm not yet 40. Or even 30 :P)

It's one of those things prevalent in every generation: films/music/life isn't what it used to be! And the young uns are awful too!

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

I think more people will eventually get bored with the junk now days and look for something else like how Nirvana brought grunge rock in the 90s.

SM

SM

Labelling everything being produced "now days" as "junk" is so lacking in awareness it's not funny.

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 05, 2017, 01:46:25 AM
Quote from: SM on Feb 04, 2017, 10:28:20 PM
According to whom?

Me.

DorkiDori

DorkiDori

No, music for the most part now is shit! I will get into more detail later this evening seeing as I am a published musician and I have quite a few ties to major bands involved in the music world... theres a huge difference between stating fact vs complaining simply because you dont like something!

SM

SM

To be fair, City Hunter didn't say that you, as a published musician with quite a few ties to major bands involved in the music world, were producing "shit".  He said "junk".

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

While much of today's music is repetitive sounding, I am actually pleased with it. Bruno Mars, One Republic, and Twenty One Pilots are some shining stars on the radio, really hope to see them live soon! Also, don't forget older bands still churn out new albums from time to time, so they are not forgotten. While current music is certainly not as progressive 70s) or experimental (80s) as it once was, someone has to do it.

SM

SM

With it being so much easier to create and record your own music these days, I'd say it's more experimental and progressive than it's ever been.  You don't need access to a recording studio, you don't need to spend thousands on synthesizers and sequencers, you don't need to bounce tracks around a four track tape.  Everything can be done digitally on a home computer.  Or even a phone.

It's just experimental and progressive stuff isn't especially mainstream, but there's plenty out there for those who care to look.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: DorkiDori on Feb 06, 2017, 09:40:32 PM
No, music for the most part now is shit! I will get into more detail later this evening seeing as I am a published musician and I have quite a few ties to major bands involved in the music world... theres a huge difference between stating fact vs complaining simply because you dont like something!
Do you have your own band?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed