So in the midst of working on my first custom, my Lab Escape Fugitive arrived!
Outright he's re-sculpted compared to the original Fugitive and thankfully quality control did it's thing and he only came in fine with some minor paint scuffs.
He seems to share the same upper body as the Emissary and frankly if between this and what they used on Jungle Hunter, I'd like to see them reuse it. The LED mask is also a nice touch and I hope we see more of that as well as it's a nice bit of functionality. It's shinier plastic so he also stands out among the crowd considering he looks kind of wet. It's small touches like this that make it worth it. And while I was thinking about it, I did compare it to a Jungle Hunter head, it's a different head. Either it's re-sculpted or they made a new head but in either case it works well enough. It doesn't seem like I can reuse the other Fugitive's arms for the Lab Escape though which would be nice (though considering it's re-sculpted, I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't fit). The rifle though (and if I recall correctly was acquired after he got his armor back) doesn't really fit in his hands without bending the plastic. Though it is kind of awkward for a Predator to be holding a human rifle to begin with, he does use it in the movie so it's a detraction especially seeing as the individual mask he comes with is his only other accessory.
- Better sculpt
- Paint application is better (I only had minor scuffs)
- Stands on its own
- LED helmet is a nice touch
- Not exactly movie accurate; he got the rifle and shurikens later and he shouldn't have his original mask. (though this is balanced out for good props)
- The rifle doesn't really fit into the hand
- The mask accessory is canonically the wrong one (though it gains points for being a good battle damaged mask even if this is the wrong mask he had in the sequence and isn't wearable)
A few canonical hiccups but the renditions are good enough that it adds to the value of the figure even if the rifle itself doesn't fit.