Petition for those who want Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Author
Petition for those who want Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 10,715 times)

Xenomorphine

And Blomkamp apparently has heavy dislike for the AVP concept.

Kel G 426

Well, why not.  I signed it.

It won't help, but it's the only thing I can do.

whiterabbit

Over 3000 people have signed that petition... man David was giddy with a mere 2000 souls. Still I'd rather have that animated aliens movie than a live action one.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2017, 06:43:47 PM
https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neill-blomkamp-for-alien5/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=button

QuoteWe, the undersigned, hereby request that Neill Blomkamp reconsider the possibility of writing/directing a potential Alien5 film. It is in you, we (the fans) put our tremendous faith and overwhelming excitement, in hopes that you revisit the idea of ALIEN fandom...for all of us.

For those of you who were interested in Blomkamp's Alien 5. I know these kind of things always seem like longshots but I honestly believe it was the massive reaction to Blomkamp's artwork that got it green lit in the first place so assuming something like this manages to get traction with the major outlets, maybe it'll make a difference.

Hope this will gain traction too Hicks. After that announcement today we need this petition more than ever now :-\

Hamster1066

Currently standing at 5088 signatures. The population of a very small town. I wonder how much of an impact that makes?

Corporal Hicks

Probably very little. It'd need to be a good several hundred thousand.

LiquidMonster

I believe someone on here(or multiple people) have direct contacts with 20th Century Fox. I believe it's Hicks. Anyways, a couple of things or observations/suggestions.

The fact Neill hasn't released a break down of his proposed Ripley/Hicks/Newt/Bishop(most likely) movie still leaves a small glimmer of hope Fox has told him to either re-fine it or keep it under wraps for now in case they green light him.

If Fox isn't keen on his direct Aliens sequel idea, why don't they let Neill do a movie based on the "Colonial Marines". Now this could be a prequel of sorts leading up to the events in ALIENS following younger versions of Vasquez, Hicks, etc on their various missions/BUG HUNTS. While this movie WOULD NOT feature the classic Xenomorph, it would feature new nasty creatures ie BUGS which was referred to in "ALIENS".

They could also simply do a standalone film based on the concept, marines, military tech which IMO would fit in perfectly with Blomkamp's directing style(he loves military stuff)

The bottom line is, I think the series is pretty much dead at this point. It's in need of an extended hiatus(like Toho did with Godzilla for over 10 years) and then bring it back as a re-boot or they either let Blomkamp do something or let Ridley continue to burn the series to the ground.

I'm just really bummed that Fox didn't go with Blomkamp and Weaver because that was MONEY and it was THAT STORY that had fans all over the world talking about ALIENS and the franchise again. I mean, it was all over the internet, news, etc.

For what it's worth, I signed the petition when it first started. 5,000 signatures is pretty much nothing. I wouldn't give up hope on it though, it probably needs a new round of promotion. Post the links to it on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I know I've done it and would hope my efforts got at least a few people to check it out and sign it.

I still don't think Neill's film is dead. Just a gut feeling. I think Fox is trying to find a diplomatic way of asking/telling Ridley they don't need him directing the "ALIEN" movies anymore but who knows...............

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Sep 17, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
If Fox isn't keen on his direct Aliens sequel idea, why don't they let Neill do a movie based on the "Colonial Marines". Now this could be a prequel of sorts leading up to the events in ALIENS following younger versions of Vasquez, Hicks, etc on their various missions/BUG HUNTS. While this movie WOULD NOT feature the classic Xenomorph, it would feature new nasty creatures ie BUGS which was referred to in "ALIENS".

They could also simply do a standalone film based on the concept, marines, military tech which IMO would fit in perfectly with Blomkamp's directing style(he loves military stuff)

I wonder how Alien fans would feel about the idea of a Colonial Marines movie? I think I'd be able to get behind one if it looked/sounded interesting enough.

QuoteI still don't think Neill's film is dead. Just a gut feeling. I think Fox is trying to find a diplomatic way of asking/telling Ridley they don't need him directing the "ALIEN" movies anymore but who knows...............

Personally, I hope we're done with Ridley Scott. It wasn't the return to glory that I think many of us thought it might be. I'd rather see someone new come in and give it a shot.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2017, 07:59:21 PMPersonally, I hope we're done with Ridley Scott. It wasn't the return to glory that I think many of us thought it might be. I'd rather see someone new come in and give it a shot.

Riddles' return has definitely done more harm than good if you ask me.

Exploring the Engineers had great potential but Prommy largely botched it, while Covvie completely did away with all that in favour of diminishing the mystique of the original films.

Toxic34

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Sep 17, 2017, 01:57:14 PM
I believe someone on here(or multiple people) have direct contacts with 20th Century Fox. I believe it's Hicks. Anyways, a couple of things or observations/suggestions.

The fact Neill hasn't released a break down of his proposed Ripley/Hicks/Newt/Bishop(most likely) movie still leaves a small glimmer of hope Fox has told him to either re-fine it or keep it under wraps for now in case they green light him.

The bottom line is, I think the series is pretty much dead at this point. It's in need of an extended hiatus(like Toho did with Godzilla for over 10 years) and then bring it back as a re-boot or they either let Blomkamp do something or let Ridley continue to burn the series to the ground.

I'm just really bummed that Fox didn't go with Blomkamp and Weaver because that was MONEY and it was THAT STORY that had fans all over the world talking about ALIENS and the franchise again. I mean, it was all over the internet, news, etc.

For what it's worth, I signed the petition when it first started. 5,000 signatures is pretty much nothing. I wouldn't give up hope on it though, it probably needs a new round of promotion. Post the links to it on Twitter, Facebook, etc. I know I've done it and would hope my efforts got at least a few people to check it out and sign it.

I still don't think Neill's film is dead. Just a gut feeling. I think Fox is trying to find a diplomatic way of asking/telling Ridley they don't need him directing the "ALIEN" movies anymore but who knows...............

Maybe. I know Ridley now says that he's only going to one more sequel, though he is apparently no longer sure himself whether the filling in of what happened between Shaw and David will be part of the movie or not, only that we will finish off the threads from Covenant and lead right into the beginning of the original film. Stacey Snyder, head of 20th Century Fox, states that "we still have faith in Ridley to choose a good script." Personally, in terms of this series, I don't think Ridley's judgment is sound anymore. Prometheus was quite good, but it was hampered by the fact that he second-guessed himself on whether to make it a two-part movie or not, because he wasn't sure what the box office would be. Had he known it would've been printing money, he would've stuck with it, and the story would've developed properly, and would've given Covenant a better place to launch from. I understand the fans that were upset with how Prometheus turned out, but choosing to pander solely to them and throw those who wanted to see the unfolding of Shaw's journey under the bus completely f**ked everything and everyone over.

I hope the rumors that after Ridley's film, the series will be in a soft-reboot with new human characters is completely false. There is simply no reason to do this whatsoever, and it isn't even necessary. It's not like something like Evil Dead, where the world and its rules have always been flexible.

I also don't understand the vehement hatred Blomkamp's film idea has received. So many people were angry by Alien 3, and now there's a crowd that wants to stand by it. Even Resurrection and AvP. I simply don't get it. We don't need Ripley to be the driving main character any more. Passing the torch to Newt, who in turn, hands it to someone completely new is truly the best way to go. Simply put, Fox should let Ridley go and either commit to Blomkamp's film, or just let the series die for good.

Local Trouble

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 19, 2017, 10:11:24 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 17, 2017, 07:59:21 PMPersonally, I hope we're done with Ridley Scott. It wasn't the return to glory that I think many of us thought it might be. I'd rather see someone new come in and give it a shot.

Riddles' return has definitely done more harm than good if you ask me.

Exploring the Engineers had great potential but Prommy largely botched it, while Covvie completely did away with all that in favour of diminishing the mystique of the original films.

Quite and indeed.  Maybe they should hire ADF to write the script for the next one and let Ridley simply direct it.

SM

More or less harms than calling films 'Prommy' and 'Covvie'?

Russ

Both excellent monikers for expendable marines in NB's version.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Sep 26, 2017, 10:01:23 PMMore or less harms than calling films 'Prommy' and 'Covvie'?

Last time I checked, shorthand I use on a forum wasn't reaching millions of viewers ;)

Alionic

I'll bet money on Blomkamp getting to make an ALIEN film within ten years.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed