Petition for those who want Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 29, 2017, 06:43:47 PM

Author
Petition for those who want Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 10,725 times)

Corporal Hicks

https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/neill-blomkamp-for-alien5/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=button

QuoteWe, the undersigned, hereby request that Neill Blomkamp reconsider the possibility of writing/directing a potential Alien5 film. It is in you, we (the fans) put our tremendous faith and overwhelming excitement, in hopes that you revisit the idea of ALIEN fandom...for all of us.

For those of you who were interested in Blomkamp's Alien 5. I know these kind of things always seem like longshots but I honestly believe it was the massive reaction to Blomkamp's artwork that got it green lit in the first place so assuming something like this manages to get traction with the major outlets, maybe it'll make a difference.

whiterabbit

Considering it took this long for a reply... I think the Alien sub-forum should be done away with. Alien5 is tad amount to vaporware at this point. It has no purpose but to distract us from the real prize, Alien: Covenant.

The Alien Predator

That's odd, there does seem to be some quiet on this thread. I'm surprised no one had responded apart from whiterabbit. It's like there's less enthusiasm. Maybe the supporters just went straight to sign the petition without needing to respond? That's a possibility.

BishopShouldGo

Well what are they supposed to say? What else is there to do?

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 09:33:08 PM
That's odd, there does seem to be some quiet on this thread. I'm surprised no one had responded apart from whiterabbit. It's like there's less enthusiasm. Maybe the supporters just went straight to sign the petition without needing to respond? That's a possibility.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 18, 2017, 01:00:30 AM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 17, 2017, 09:33:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQsyvPcHdrs

LOL!  :laugh:

Kel G 426

Why bother?  FOX already knows people want this, but they've decided to continue their age-old tradition of screwing the pooch on this franchise.

I did throw Blomkamp a tweet, though, suggesting an animated film with Weaver and Biehn supplying voices.

OpenMaw

I like that idea, Kelgaard.

Kel G 426

Thanks. I've wondered if the opposition would find an animated film more acceptable as an alternative sequel.  It wouldn't have to be part of the "real" continuity, and the characters could be as young or old as the story needs them to be.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Yea, no one paid attention to this petition until it was in the podcast thread. Of course, this being a sub forum does make it easier to both ignore and out right miss. Still, even in the podcast thread there was little positive desire. Then again people are talking about it now.  ;D

Then again, they probably just signed the petition since there wasn't really anything to add.

I'm all for an animated alien movie. Actually still waiting for that alien anime.

oberonqa

oberonqa

Quote from: whiterabbit on Feb 18, 2017, 03:55:23 AM
Yea, no one paid attention to this petition until it was in the podcast thread. Of course, this being a sub forum does make it easier to both ignore and out right miss. Still, even in the podcast thread there was little positive desire. Then again people are talking about it now.  ;D

Then again, they probably just signed the petition since there wasn't really anything to add.

I'm all for an animated alien movie. Actually still waiting for that alien anime.

I signed the petition when there was around 100 signatures... figure there wasn't much point in talking about it aside from sharing the link on my Facebook wall.  Most people probably did the same thing.

D. Compton Ambrose

Blomkamp should make this instead:

"Having studied the enigmatic Yautja for decades, an interstellar recon mission goes wrong when the crew is stranded in orbit around a planet inhabited by an entirely new terror altogether."

"Alien Predators"

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Feb 19, 2017, 02:57:39 AM

"Having studied the enigmatic Yautja for decades, an interstellar recon mission goes wrong when the crew is stranded in orbit around a planet inhabited by an entirely new terror altogether."

"Alien Predators"
The last thing we need is another crossover film least of all one directed by Blomkamp.

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 19, 2017, 03:18:38 AM

"Alien Predators"
The last thing we need is another crossover film least of all one directed by Blomkamp.

What? I think Blomkamp could make an amazing AvP, or rather Alien Predators. And it wouldn't be a crossover, more like an Alien spinoff set in its own canon and structured like a reboot of the AVP series, one that is actually SCARY, like a Dark Sci-Fi Action/Adventure (thematically/conceptually dark, not physically).

Nyarlathotep

Quote from: LCpl. D. Grant on Feb 19, 2017, 03:28:43 AM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 19, 2017, 03:18:38 AM

"Alien Predators"

What? I think Blomkamp could make an amazing AvP, or rather Alien Predators. And it wouldn't be a crossover, more like an Alien spinoff set in its own canon and structured like a reboot of the AVP series, one that is actually SCARY, like a Dark Sci-Fi Action/Adventure (thematically/conceptually dark, not physically).
Sorry, but I just hate the idea.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed