Conor McGregor was offered a role in The Predator

Started by FreeFacehugz, Jan 29, 2017, 10:08:48 AM

Author
Conor McGregor was offered a role in The Predator (Read 33,851 times)

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 30, 2017, 03:12:33 AM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 30, 2017, 01:57:18 AM
Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 29, 2017, 11:57:04 PM
Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 29, 2017, 02:40:30 PM
So it seems the issue was not enough money. That's actually a better sign than "I hated the script."

I don't think a guy, who spends most of his time getting kicked in head, and who has zero experience in movies, will be able to differentiate a good script from a bad one

Would you be able to?

You mean if I was an MMA fighter with zero experience in the movie business, or me personally?

You personally.

The Bonus Situation

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 30, 2017, 04:08:34 AM
So it seems the issue was not enough money. That's actually a better sign than "I hated the script."

I don't think a guy, who spends most of his time getting kicked in head, and who has zero experience in movies, will be able to differentiate a good script from a bad one

Would you be able to?

You mean if I was an MMA fighter with zero experience in the movie business, or me personally?

You personally.

Of course not,  :D I'm no where near to anything 'movie related', but thats not the point. My point was that a guy, an MMA fighter, with no experience in starring in big budget blockbuster films or any kind of film whatsoever, who says that hes turned down a lot of roles, asked the film makers how much money he was going to be paid firsthand, without even reading the script and complaining about an 8 weeks shoot in Canada, can't really judge whether a script of a movie is good or bad.

But thats just my opinion.

Any more weird questions for me?  :)

Predator_Spirit

There is no such thing as a big budget blockbuster event movie released in february...

whiterabbit

Could this be a sign that there really are problems with the production? Getting Alien 5 vibes here.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 30, 2017, 06:42:33 AM
There is no such thing as a big budget blockbuster event movie released in february...
If there are R-Rated, there actually is.

Logan gets released in March for example, that movie costs over a 100 million. R rated movies play better outside the summer, blockbuster or not, so The Predator being released in february doesn't tell us jack shit about it's quality or "event" status, neither does the vancouver filming by the way, they filmed movies with a 200 million+ budget there and you can't even tell. People need to understand that movies that take place in big citys rarely get shot on location because of money, no studio throws money out the window no matter the budget. Movies are all about illusion, and it's the filmmakers job to make something believable.

I think the whole "event movie" thing went totally out of control, they never meant the budget, they meant the "new and inventive, must see" kinda vibes the movie will hopefully radiate to the people, he basically said a hundred times now that the budget doesn't have to be huge and he's absolutely right.

Yes, the budget will be bigger, but not marvel size and to be true, Predator doesn't justify that big of a budget and it never will. Here is hoping that we will get the biggest movie in the franchise yet with the best production values yet. Predator wasn't that huge a movie and people love it, yet, they are concerened about this being done on the cheap with a billion dollar director behind it who happens to be a brilliant writer and director?

To to sum it up: There is no pleasing everyone.

Quote from: whiterabbit on Jan 30, 2017, 10:18:29 AM
Could this be a sign that there really are problems with the production? Getting Alien 5 vibes here.
A5 is cancelled, The Predator shoots in three weeks and we're getting casting updates like every 5 days... i wouldn't worry.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 30, 2017, 11:19:14 AM
I think the whole "event movie" thing went totally out of control, they never meant the budget, they meant the "new and inventive, must see" kinda vibes the movie will hopefully radiate to the people, he basically said a hundred times now that the budget doesn't have to be huge and he's absolutely right.

Yes, the budget will be bigger, but not marvel size and to be true, Predator doesn't justify that big of a budget and it never will. Here is hoping that we will get the biggest movie in the franchise yet with the best production values yet. Predator wasn't that huge a movie and people love it, yet, they are concerened about this being done on the cheap with a billion dollar director behind it who happens to be a brilliant writer and director?

Indeed. All Black truely means by that is that he wants this to be a film that people are genuinely excited to go and see, something that people pre-buy their tickets for so that they know they're got a good seat. As Johnny says, it's not just about budget and even if they have budget, they aren't going to just piss it up the wall. Money saved by filming in Vancouver (which lots of productions do), is money that can be spent on something else.

Stealth_Hunter

Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 30, 2017, 05:11:02 AM

Would you be able to?

You personally.

Of course not,  :D I'm no where near to anything 'movie related', but thats not the point. My point was that a guy, an MMA fighter, with no experience in starring in big budget blockbuster films or any kind of film whatsoever, who says that hes turned down a lot of roles, asked the film makers how much money he was going to be paid firsthand, without even reading the script and complaining about an 8 weeks shoot in Canada, can't really judge whether a script of a movie is good or bad.

It's not a weird question, friend. It's a little odd you wouldn't have an opinion after reading something. Mcgregor might not know much about film but he'd know whether he liked something he read, and there's no doubt if he was offered a role, the role itself was described to him. All I'm saying is at least his reason for not accepting was nothing to do with the story or character being pitched.

Do actors typically read scripts before knowing how much they'd be paid to do the film? I legitimately do not know.

Quotecomplaining about an 8 weeks shoot in Canada, can't really judge whether a script of a movie is good or bad.
What does his wanting to be present for the birth of his child have to do with his script reading abilities?

Predator_Spirit

Cast is cheap, setting is cheap this is a fact.ADI is not Legacy also , make you wonder , they spent the money on what ?

timmay

timmay

while i am not calling mr. mcgregor a liar...he is a very boastful person...i doubt if he was the main guy..since this is a epic yarn...perhaps he was one of the main people fighting The Predator somewhere across the globe.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 30, 2017, 02:33:33 PM
make you wonder , they spent the money on what ?
Great script, great director, great sets (they booked one of the biggest stages in vancouver), convincing visual- and practical effects, great cinematography? Great action scenes? Arnold?

You seem to know a lot of stuff, got a price list? How do you know ADI is cheaper? They book free lancers all the time, people who worked partly at WETA and Stan Winston in the past, they are the top notch people in the industry.

Fact is, we don't know, but like i said, the canada filming does say nothing about the budget or production value of a movie, they shot big, big movies there and they can make the place look like pretty much anything.

The Nice Guys was shot in Atlanta and looked like L.A., just an example. Fact is, they hire talent for this movie so the script seems to be great. I would have loved some famous folks for this movie, but i rather have talented unknowns than expensive "stars" that have zero screen presence, like a lot of blockbuster movies, where characters are nothing more than fill-ins for shaky and boring action scenes.

Predator is great because of the charisma between the actors and that is what Shane is going for, and he knows best, because he was on set, so i have faith that this will work out great.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Jan 30, 2017, 03:31:54 PM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 30, 2017, 02:33:33 PM
make you wonder , they spent the money on what ?
Great script, great director, great sets (they booked one of the biggest stages in vancouver), convincing visual- and practical effects, great cinematography? Great action scenes? Arnold?

You seem to know a lot of stuff, got a price list? How do you know ADI is cheaper? They book free lancers all the time, people who worked partly at WETA and Stan Winston in the past, they are the top notch people in the industry.

Fact is, we don't know, but like i said, the canada filming does say nothing about the budget or production value of a movie, they shot big, big movies there and they can make the place look like pretty much anything.

The Nice Guys was shot in Atlanta and looked like L.A., just an example. Fact is, they hire talent for this movie so the script seems to be great. I would have loved some famous folks for this movie, but i rather have talented unknowns than expensive "stars" that have zero screen presence, like a lot of blockbuster movies, where characters are nothing more than fill-ins for shaky and boring action scenes.

Predator is great because of the charisma between the actors and that is what Shane is going for, and he knows best, because he was on set, so i have faith that this will work out great.
I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tropical Xeno

Tropical Xeno

Its all garbage with this guy. Light weight wanna fight a heavy weight and the trolling on media for a fight with Mayweather. Lead role where???????????, 0 acting experience over proper actors with rep I don't think so.

The Bonus Situation

Quote from: Stealth_Hunter on Jan 30, 2017, 02:05:44 PM
Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 30, 2017, 05:11:02 AM

Would you be able to?

You personally.

It's not a weird question, friend. It's a little odd you wouldn't have an opinion after reading something. Mcgregor might not know much about film but he'd know whether he liked something he read, and there's no doubt if he was offered a role, the role itself was described to him. All I'm saying is at least his reason for not accepting was nothing to do with the story or character being pitched.

Do actors typically read scripts before knowing how much they'd be paid to do the film? I legitimately do not know.

Quotecomplaining about an 8 weeks shoot in Canada, can't really judge whether a script of a movie is good or bad.
What does his wanting to be present for the birth of his child have to do with his script reading abilities?

QuoteIt's a little odd you wouldn't have an opinion after reading something.

Huh?! What are you talking about? I've read the article and formed my opinion after I've read it.  :)

QuoteAll I'm saying is at least his reason for not accepting was nothing to do with the story or character being pitched.

And all I was saying, is that a person as inexperienced as, in this case McGregor, with no prior experience working with big movie people is not really qualified to be judging whether a movie script from a major film corporation is good or bad. Especially when he just asks how much he will be paid, without reading the script.

QuoteWhat does his wanting to be present for the birth of his child have to do with his script reading abilities?

You're missing the whole point there friend, again.

When someone, who has never ever worked with big movie people, is offered a role, a big chance, in a major motion picture from a major film coporation, offered to stay and film not in some desert or rainforest but in Canada (a developed first world country with clean tap water, electricity and plenty of affordable hotels and hospitals with trained medical staff for his pregnant wife), turns down this big chance to become experienced in this movie business. Now ask yourself, can this person tell whether a movie script from a major film corporation is good or bad, or say that he really hates it?

;)

Anonymous

Anonymous

If this is true my expectations for the film just tanked 😔

The Wolverine Predator

I knew it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed