Alien 5 Probably Not Happening Unless Covenant Succeeds

Started by PRJ_since1990, Jan 27, 2017, 12:37:28 AM

Author
Alien 5 Probably Not Happening Unless Covenant Succeeds (Read 7,024 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 16, 2017, 10:49:00 PM
Quote from: Pvt. Himmel on Feb 16, 2017, 05:05:33 PM
Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Feb 15, 2017, 09:02:45 PM
They better not, "Blomliens" should stay in the garbage can where it belongs.

F@CK Blomliens, and F@CK garbage cans.
What did garbage cans ever do to you?
What did Astroglide ever do to ruin the feeling for you? :)

Corporal Hicks

Back on topic, gents. Not the place.

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 16, 2017, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: salomonj on Feb 16, 2017, 02:55:20 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Feb 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM
If Blomkamp's script is as good as everyone who has seen it says it is, then it may yet be re-purposed to possibly end up being used as a basis for a sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant' but with characters appropriate to the earlier timeline.   

-Windebieste.
The script got good reception?

Blomkamp's script was praised by Sigourney Weaver, Ridley Scott and James Cameron.

Aye, by all accounts those who read it liked it. I don't think we're in any position to suggest it be reworked for Covenant 2 as we have no idea what it entailed but even if we don't get Alienkamp, I do hope we get to see it in some form or another. Xenomorphine (I think) suggested release as a comic when we spoke about it on the last podcast. I'd love to see that.

oberonqa

I'd be OK with a comic/graphic novel if a movie is indeed off the table.  Better that than nothing.  A game might also be an idea... but that would depend greatly on the needs of the story.  Would the game be action-packed like A:CM or Alien Trilogy?  Or would it be more survival horror like A:I?  Perhaps a combination of the two genres? 

D. Compton Ambrose

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Feb 16, 2017, 04:59:03 PM
Quote from: salomonj on Feb 16, 2017, 02:55:20 AM
Quote from: windebieste on Feb 15, 2017, 10:13:39 PM
If Blomkamp's script is as good as everyone who has seen it says it is, then it may yet be re-purposed to possibly end up being used as a basis for a sequel to 'ALIEN: Covenant' but with characters appropriate to the earlier timeline.   

-Windebieste.
The script got good reception?

Blomkamp's script was praised by Sigourney Weaver, Ridley Scott and James Cameron.
They were blowing smoke up his ass. Terri Tatchell writes the scripts and is good at it. Blomkamp, not so much.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 13, 2017, 07:37:39 PM
I'd been of the opinion that 3.2's chances depend greatly on Covenant's success. I couldn't fault Fox for wanting to see how well Covenant does before sinking more cash in an Alien film. That said, I'm not convinced it'll matter anymore. I think all the stars are now out of alignment and Weaver and Blomkamp are moving on.

Do you think Fox would have pushed for the Alien in Covenant?

Corporal Hicks

That's my understanding of what happened.

blood.

Aww I just want another marines vs aliens movie damn it!

HuDaFuK

I think I'd honestly rather see a Marines vs. something else film. The Marines vs. Aliens thing has been done - exceptionally well in Aliens, and to death in the EU.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2017, 02:05:39 PM
I think I'd honestly rather see a Marines vs. something else film. The Marines vs. Aliens thing has been done - exceptionally well in Aliens, and to death in the EU.
Personally, I feel there's plenty of stories the big screen could tell with the USCM (including comic adaptations). ALIENS may be legend in its own right, but I could easily see a new film expand on their equipment, scope of operation, ranks/leadership and relation to WY, new characters and more Xenos to fight on new worlds. The idea of Xenos infesting multiple worlds in the human sphere makes for a large scale universe outside one event on one planetoid.

Honestly, I'd be happy if FOX greenlit productions of all the main DH novel adaptations like Rogue, Labyrinth, Genocide, etc. Even if they were cartoons or live action tv shows. 

BishopShouldGo

Yeah lol. Done to death? Aliens just got things started...

whiterabbit

Yea, some of us only watch the movies, moestly.  ;D

However if there was a marines vs aliens movie I want it to a war trilogy. Where each movie leads into the next.

SiL

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Mar 06, 2017, 04:58:36 AM
Yeah lol. Done to death?
In the EU. He specifically states in the EU. Where it was done to death, decades ago. Now it's not even flogging a dead horse, it's flogging the flowers that grew out of the horse's corpse.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 02, 2017, 02:05:39 PM

Well Another thing that's been successfully done in the EU that is in that same setting as Marines and Aliens is including predators.. But that's getting into a totally different sub-genre at that point so heh.

I still want Alien 5 to happen soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo badly....

PRJ_since1990

Yeah lol. Done to death? Aliens just got things started...
Agreed. Alien 3 was a let down in the sense that they could have gone with a more militaristic/war story continuing post ALIENS.
Quote from: whiterabbit on Mar 06, 2017, 09:34:34 AM
Yea, some of us only watch the movies, moestly.  ;D

However if there was a marines vs aliens movie I want it to a war trilogy. Where each movie leads into the next.
That would be interesting, as long as you have more memorable characters than just red shirts and Hudson wannabes.

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2017, 10:42:06 AM
Yeah lol. Done to death?
In the EU. He specifically states in the EU. Where it was done to death, decades ago. Now it's not even flogging a dead horse, it's flogging the flowers that grew out of the horse's corpse.
With respect, how many times can we change the setting, plot and characters before we realize the ultimate underlying theme is the survival against the most deadly creature in the galaxy? Not downplaying the variety of stories or trying to argue with you Sil. Just thinking that at the core of the each ALIEN movie/comic/novel/game is a nasty parasitic space wasp species and a group of humans trying to survive against it. Sure there's plenty of wiggle room with details, but doesn't it always boil down to that? Humans? Check. Alien monster? Check. Alien trying to eat them all or carry to the hive? Check.

Rush Hour Rambo

I just want this movie made, don't even care if it's bad  :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed