Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator

Started by Gazz, Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

Author
Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator (Read 25,673 times)

PredBabe

Relevant or not- he is the first casting choice that I'm excited about.

viendammage

Finally some good news for this film! Black kept talking about scale but after losing Del Toro it's been pretty depressing. Holbrook might be a good actor but he's not a leading man. Key is funny but in a Predator movie? Let's see. Olivia Munn? Neither a serious actor, action star or comedian.
We don't live in a time of movie stars who can open movies but you still have your "hot" list like The Rock, Statham, all the Chris's, Tom Hardy, Fassbender, Cumberbatch, etc. Black had RDJ and Kilmer, RDJ again then recently Crowe and Gosling so he's used to having strong personalities leading the film.
Jane never got the career he should have but he's always good to see in a flick, particularly one with action. Someone mentioned Game of Thrones actors but their list of duds is endless, Conan the Barbarian, God's of Egypt, Terminator Gen, etc.

Corporal Hicks

The new season started yesterday, I think. Hoping to get chance to watch tonight.

Johnny Handsome

Jane is good in everything he does, loved him in Deep Blue Sea, The Punisher and The Mist.

I really hope he has a substantial role in the movie, hell, i would take him as the lead.

Predator_Spirit

Jane lacks presence.

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: viendammage on Jan 29, 2017, 10:55:36 PM
Finally some good news for this film! Black kept talking about scale but after losing Del Toro it's been pretty depressing. Holbrook might be a good actor but he's not a leading man. Key is funny but in a Predator movie? Let's see. Olivia Munn? Neither a serious actor, action star or comedian.
We don't live in a time of movie stars who can open movies but you still have your "hot" list like The Rock, Statham, all the Chris's, Tom Hardy, Fassbender, Cumberbatch, etc. Black had RDJ and Kilmer, RDJ again then recently Crowe and Gosling so he's used to having strong personalities leading the film.
Jane never got the career he should have but he's always good to see in a flick, particularly one with action. Someone mentioned Game of Thrones actors but their list of duds is endless, Conan the Barbarian, God's of Egypt, Terminator Gen, etc.
Holbrook will kill it in this film, I can see Key being a scientist with Munn, or the radio guy aka Hawkins 2.0...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OpenMaw

Predator_Spirit

He lacks Charisma.

426Buddy

I think Jane has lots of charisma/presence, he always stands out and comes off as very likable in a lot of his roles IMO.

OpenMaw

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 03, 2017, 09:07:56 PM
He lacks Charisma.

That's... An interesting opinion.  ;D

Quote from: 426Buddy on Feb 03, 2017, 09:10:19 PM
I think Jane has lots of charisma/presence, he always stands out and comes off as very likable in a lot of his roles IMO.

Jane is awesome. He always gives fantastic performances. Even in utterly trash movies.

Stealth_Hunter

Agreed, Thomas Jane brings a lot to his roles imo. He's charismatic without trying to outdo everyone else.

The Wolverine Predator

I've liked his character in every movie I've seen him in

ace3g

Hadn't heard any official news on his casting, just he was in negotiations (and we know how that can go sometimes), well this podcast answers it straight from the horses mouth.  Spoiler it does talk about The Expanse.

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/blog/thomas-jane-joins-a-special-expanse-podcast-special-listen-now

The Wolverine Predator

Quote from: ace3g on Mar 05, 2017, 04:10:49 AM
Hadn't heard any official news on his casting, just he was in negotiations (and we know how that can go sometimes), well this podcast answers it straight from the horses mouth.  Spoiler it does talk about The Expanse.

http://www.syfy.com/theexpanse/blog/thomas-jane-joins-a-special-expanse-podcast-special-listen-now
How far into the podcast does it mention anything besides Expanse? [emoji848]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed