Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator

Started by Gazz, Jan 23, 2017, 10:41:25 PM

Author
Thomas Jane in talks to join The Predator (Read 25,313 times)

Gazz

Gazz

QuoteThomas Jane is in final negotiations to joins the cast of The Predator, Twentieth Century Fox's reboot of the sci-fi action franchise that will be directed by Shane Black.

The movie is furiously casting up as it heads towards a production start in February in Vancouver, with Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, and Trevante Rhodes being recent additions to the call sheet.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/thomas-jane-talks-join-shane-blacks-predator-movie-967524

skhellter

YASS.

Good dude.  8)

Stealth_Hunter

I like Thomas Jane and he should be a bigger star than he is but I'm hoping he brings it this time around rather than turning in a redbox performance.

Of all the castings so far, this one is the only one I don't have a definitive opinion about. He's been around but hasn't had any momentum lately. On the other hand, it's the only name I didn't have to look up to know who it was.

Predator_Spirit

The cast is kinda cheap,like a  DTV, we really need Arnold.

echobbase79

Now I can totally get behind him. Nice. I loved him as the Frank Castle. Not the best though. The movie he was in was flawed.

The Wolverine Predator

He's a good actor, I loved the Mist and the Punisher wasn't bad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Infected

All we need now is a supermarket and a kid and some fog.

Xan21

wow... cheapest cast ever... but maybe it will be great

SiL

Now I'm interested in this movie.

Anthony

Anthony

*insert Punisher joke here*

BishopShouldGo

He's great but hardly an impressive addition. He's the Keith David in The Nice Guys to our The Predator. Still waiting for a currently relevant person to join the cast though. Fox and Shane, what's the problem with doing what literally every other blockbuster does and cast relevant people?

acrediblesource

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3422206/thomas-jane-talks-battle-predator/

Bloody Disgusting got the news late or early? They still mentioned that the suburbs theme was just a rumor where as presently the last two articles about casting mentions its confirmed that it will be. Shame on Bloody Disgusting.

BishopShouldGo

I mean how much more elucidated does it have to be. SHANE himself confirmed that the film will not be all about the suburbs, so I think everyone's good and great on that particular subject. So regardless of what articles say, Shane himself said it will not be all about the suburbs.

Anthony

Anthony

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Jan 23, 2017, 11:29:34 PM
He's great but hardly an impressive addition. He's the Keith David in The Nice Guys to our The Predator. Still waiting for a currently relevant person to join the cast though. Fox and Shane, what's the problem with doing what literally every other blockbuster does and cast relevant people?

They already had a big name with Benicio del Toro, but he had to leave because of scheduling conflicts. That's probably why they couldn't get Affleck or Hardy as well. So they seem to be going for actors that aren't well known names but can still carry a film. Holbrook is starting to gain traction and has gotten praise from early looks at Logan. Rhodes got near universal praise for Moonlight. Key is extremely liked from Key & Peele. Brown just won an Emmy for The People VS O.J. Simpson. All of them are still not entirely known but have turned in great performances. So that's probably why they're going for them instead of big names.

Heck, Covenant also doesn't have any huge names aside from Fassbender and McBride. But it's still a great cast, so I have hopes.

BishopShouldGo

Lol Benicio Del Toro isn't a big name but I would've gladly taken him. He's an Oscar winner but he's very Adrien Brody-esque in terms of being a good, known actor but not a marquee name. He would've needed The Predator much like Adrien Brody needed Predators. Both B-list name actors. They're no Matt Damon or Hugh Jackman.

They're going for actors that aren't well known because that's all who'll take the project. Affleck, Cooper, Hardy, Bale, Del Toro, Franco and Ruffalo all rejected the movie.

But at least Covenant has a Fassbender. This doesn't have anybody, yet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed