Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim"

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jan 21, 2017, 01:28:06 PM

Author
Chances of Blomkamp's Alien Being Made: "Slim" (Read 42,442 times)

Russ

Russ840 makes a good point in another topic:

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52418.msg2169880#msg2169880

QuoteI would be happy if Blomkamp sacked of A5 and was asked to make AVP. He could even transfer some of his concepts. Do away with Ripley and Hicks. Have Way Yu in possession of the derelict. Intergrat the Predator. I would enjoy having the predator be a adaptation of Ahab from fire and stone and him searching for clues as to the whereabouts of his 'White Whale' an engineer. He turns up at the Way Yu complex to break in, stealthy of course, to get access to the derelict. While he is there shit hits the fan. There are aliens and what have you. Could end with him setting off his bomb and He could be the reason that the is no Derelict anymore. I would set it 20 or so years after Alien 3. As he has destroyed all evidence. There is no record of a predator and also is the final word on why, come Resurrection, the USM  can't do anything but clone Ripley to get access to the Xenomorph. I know that the Harley's hope explosion is assumed to have destroyed the Derelict but I don't buy into that. I reckon it was well over 30km away which was the blast radius, in think.   

That was a more involved post than I set out for it to be. Lol

Personally, I'm not sure how slim the chances are - as Hicks and co pointed out a few posts ago, this may have been posted to boost interest again (I'm pretty sure it was only last year, Sigourney was saying how good the script was, how it was definitely going to happen and so on - though, she is only an actor at the end of the day).

But I think Russ840s idea is a good one - NB might be just chap for AvP.

skhellter

skhellter

Siggy is gonna die before this gets even a chance to get made.

And The Prequel trilogy is gonna be really shit.

All hopes are with Shane Black at the moment... and he's not really a scifi kind of guy so...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ on Jan 23, 2017, 03:46:46 PM
But I think Russ840s idea is a good one - NB might be just chap for AvP.

That'd suit me just fine! I'm still dying for a well put together AvP film and I reckon Blomkamp has the right effects eye for it.

skhellter

Keep him working in the art department.

Get someone who's actually decent... like Neill Marshall to direct.

KillCrites

Stolen

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

It's weird... Blomkamp's favourite of the series is the original 'Alien', he wanted to present this in the style of 'Alien Isolation' and he's the only person with a chance of helming one of these who's made a big deal in interviews about the need to return it to psychosexual concepts (and Giger's aesthetics in general). Yet, all his detractors seem to think he'd be like Michael Bay and make it really superficial and filled with nothing but loud explosions.

Whatever one's preference for 'Alien 3' (and we still don't have any confirmation on what that situation was going to be), it's clear that this project was going to be a lot more artistic in tone than many assume.

Well, 'slim' doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen. But since I can't generate much enthusiasm for 'Covenant' (Scott hasn't directed a film I've truly liked since 'Gladiator'), I'm meeting this news with a disappointed sigh. I'm pretty sure it would have picked up threads of whatever Weaver was privy to, back when Cameron was speaking to her and Scott about writing a fifth film and would have been very intrigued to find out how those ideas had evolved.

Quote from: Russ on Jan 23, 2017, 03:46:46 PM
NB might be just chap for AvP.

He was already asked about his thoughts on the AVP concept in a video interview. He actively dislikes it and thinks both respective series should be kept as separate.

Quote from: skhellter on Jan 23, 2017, 03:52:17 PM
Get someone who's actually decent... like Neill Marshall to direct.

He hasn't done anything I've liked since 'Dog Soldiers'. If anything disproved to me he'd be a good fit for an 'Alien' film, it was how underwhelming 'The Descent' was.

RakaiThwei

Well, I'm close to saying that I'm done.  I kind of was looking forward to this movie.

Kimo

I think Blomkamp could pull off a great Aliens film as long as he worked with some good writers.. But I wish we got Danny Boil to do Alien 3. However I can see why he turned it down, but after watching Sunshine I bet Danny Boil could make a great alien film.

Russ

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 23, 2017, 04:39:38 PM
He was already asked about his thoughts on the AVP concept in a video interview. He actively dislikes it and thinks both respective series should be kept as separate.

I've not seen that, but if the chances of this one are "slim" and he was offered the AvP reboot, I wonder if he'd do it anyway. Backtracking and all that.

serbip1

XENOMORPHOSIS

If possible could you please link us to the video where he admits not being keen on the AvP concept please?

KillCrites

Only reason I'm glad this isn't being made is because I don't want it to retcon Alien 3 and Resurrection. If it was a good movie I still would've liked it, but I don't like alternative timeline crap.

Adam802

Terrible to hear, hope we still see it. This is the best idea/thing to come out of the franchise since 1986. Sigh......and for what? More Prometheus/avatar? EW!

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jan 23, 2017, 04:39:38 PM
Well, 'slim' doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen.

This is indeed true, and stranger things have happened.

I remember a couple years back that Warner Bros. announced that Pacific Rim 2 was either cancelled or had a slim chance of happening, and now it's being filmed. Hopefully, the same thing will happen here.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed