Michael Fassbender Talks David's Character Development

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 19, 2017, 04:10:56 PM

Author
Michael Fassbender Talks David's Character Development (Read 22,293 times)

Enoch

Enoch

I don't see that coming from Ridley. David played a bit and that lead to
creation of some ...MORPHS but that certainly doesn't mean he made them in the first place!!!
Goo in combination with several other organism (+ under specific conditions) leads to creation of XENOLIKE
organism... I always thought that's at least clear.

For gods sake, a bunch of Engineers died 2000 years prior to Davids creation.
Guess how they died... something bursted from their chest, heads,... Are you still
sure David ORIGINALY created Xenos?

newagescamartist

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 20, 2017, 12:31:43 AM
I don't see that coming from Ridley. David played a bit and that lead to
creation of some ...MORPHS but that certainly doesn't mean he made them in the first place!!!
Goo in combination with several other organism (+ under specific conditions) leads to creation of XENOLIKE
organism... I always thought that's at least clear.

For gods sake, a bunch of Engineers died 2000 years prior to Davids creation.
Guess how they died... something bursted from their chest, heads,... Are you still
sure David ORIGINALY created Xenos?

The deacon appeared very organic. No bio-mechanical features. The mural in Prometheus depicts the Deacon imo. I'm guessing it's a perversion that David mixes into the black goo that creates the xenomorph. Just pure speculation as I haven't read any spoilers.

Enoch

Thats not in spoilers.

whiterabbit

David doesn't create the aliens...

Spoiler
The Aliens we know are artificial lifeforms created by the Alien race itself; in their own image! Just like David is to us. Their biomechanical parts are android like and they turned on their creators the same as David has turned on us.
[close]

Enoch

Enoch

Agree with that. I think Ridley is making parallels here. Engineers - Humans, Humans- Androids
but whats before all those players... WHO IS GOD? I believe Xenos are somehow closer to that GOD entity
than all the other figures in this equation. They are perfection, as Ash said and Ash was an android.

Molecules

Molecules

Beyond Giger describing his original illustrations as 'biomechanical' (Xenopedia), is there a legit source on this being fundamental to the Xeno's anatomy, that it's not just comprised of 'inorganic' (by carbon-based lifeform standards) and resilient elements? I'm not convinced that Scott thinks so, and at this point he has the reins of the 'canon'.
People seem hung up on the (debunked) 'android host' thing, but when you break it down it's kind of ridiculous. I could buy it if David-type androids sprung from some kind of test-tube genetic/nanomachine, sci-fi conception, but as far as we know he is just an incredibly sophisticated collection of moving parts controlled by some next-generation, acquisitive super-quantum A.I. (or whatever).

Quote from: Enoch on Jan 20, 2017, 12:18:22 AM
Whatever that mural in the pyramid represents (on LV-223), its a great hint that Xeno is older than primordial.
Its not a question of its age, but more a question of what iteration is older and what version is newer in its origin,
because there are many kinds of xenomorphs. Thats why I always liked the introduction of black goo, goo is like
deus ex machina, a true literary tool which can have its purpose to hint Xenos true origin and nature/purpose.
Hint at what goo is and you ll indirectly reveal a bit of Xeno puzzle, but never to its entirety, because thats the magic.
Have the knowledge, but not knowing the whole damn thing.

This. How they play it out over this film and any future prequel-sidequels ( ::)) is going to save or sink the mystery that's at the core of what started the Alien (not to mention Predator) fandom. When I think about that mural (clear enough), and the fresco in the same chamber (??), it still leaves my imagination enough leeway to run wild, in the same way that the Space Jockey did.

Saying that, I'm sure the custodians of Franchise Revenue Flow will find a way to screw it all up and make it boring.

echobbase79

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Jan 20, 2017, 12:20:49 AM
Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 19, 2017, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2017, 10:51:02 PM

Really this aspect of the Covenant is what I'm really looking forward. It will be interesting to see how far he's come from the last film. I think he'll be a lot of more creepier. For me David was the best thing about Prometheus.

Same here. I just sincerely hope that they don't go the 'David created the Xenomorph, as we know it' route.
Prepare yourself because they more than likely will.

I don't have a problem with this really. The line "big things have small beginnings" was the point where David started to get a more sinister side to him. The black goo has become his new God. I believe in that moment he realized it was his mission to bring it to its full potential.
Spoiler
If that's the xenomorphs?
[close]
Then I love the idea.   

I love crazy scientist characters like Frankenstein so that probably has something to do with it as well.

Necronomicon II

I'd just love to see something like what O'Bannon once postulated; something like a cultured, intelligent race of xenos, of course there is still the issue of regression to deal with, but primordial ooze derived from some incomprehensible source sought of suffices as a starting point, we may never know where that stuff came from, but we'd know that two strains diverged from it; where one evolved into a hostile organism, and the other evolved into a more civilized species. If the civilized xenomorph species were engaged in some kind of arms race among themselves then trying to weld the hostile strain as a weapon makes sense, only it wiped them out in the end. The Engineers could be simply stumbling on all that ancient tech and tried to weld it. I doubt that's what it's going to be but something *like* that could be interesting. David would be simply picking up where they left off. Scott mentioned Paradise Lost a lot, and that opens up a lot of possibilities as far as "God" is concerned, will Scott depict "God"? If so I hope it is some supreme xenomorphic being ha.

echobbase79

I honestly don't want to know where the black goo came from. That's another aspect of the mythology, like the original derelict ship on LV-246, that needs to be kept secret.

slaysaliens

David Giler
Walter Hill

got it. whose the next droid....brandy?

banecat

the first synth to drink wine?

Necronomicon II

Next android will be Hans... :)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Bonus Situation on Jan 19, 2017, 11:38:00 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 19, 2017, 10:51:02 PM

Really this aspect of the Covenant is what I'm really looking forward. It will be interesting to see how far he's come from the last film. I think he'll be a lot of more creepier. For me David was the best thing about Prometheus.

Same here. I just sincerely hope that they don't go the 'David created the Xenomorph, as we know it' route.

Me too. I'm quite happy to have David re-create them or something like that. But for David to be the actual origins of the Alien as we know them in the main series...I just hate that concept.

Glaive

NO...THAT can absolutely NOT happen...It negates everything from the first film!!

whiterabbit

I think David more than anything opens Pandora's box. The alien is a weapon in Ridley Scott's mind and after whatever happens to the engineers and Shaw happens, he just plays around with whatever doomsday thing he finds. Similar to how he plays around with the ampules when Weyland tells him to try harder. The alien in this movie is rumored to be much more organic than the '79 creature.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed