Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics

Started by Lizardboy, Jan 11, 2017, 02:39:50 PM

Author
Adult Deacon Concepts from Fire and Stone comics (Read 17,292 times)

Samhain13

Quote from: SiL on Apr 07, 2019, 12:57:39 AM
I think the Neomorph looks like an uninspired Silent Hill reject -

Oh so that was it. I knew it reminded me of a creature out of another series.

SiL

Quote from: The Old One on Apr 07, 2019, 01:03:35 AM
Fair enough of course, I never said anyone wasn't entitled to their opinion.
You didn't say it, but you kinda act like it with how aggressively you try to convince people they're wrong sometimes :-\

The Old One

The Old One

I love Silent Hill, so... lol The old Silent Hill series that is, 2 and 3 in particular.

Yeah, it's a gorgeous simplification, ancestor representation.
My opinion, of course although yes,
I possess strong opinions regarding design generally.

Ultramorph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Apr 04, 2019, 02:01:29 AM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Jan 15, 2017, 01:41:37 AM

The mountain idea is interesting, but it just comes out left field and leaves you wanting to know more about that than what's going on in the story. Maybe they should do a story about that.

I agree though I liked how Elden merged with the Alien mountain and referencing the mural from Prometheus. It was a good way to end the story.

The Aliens films are known for their left-field twists.  The mountain was almost brilliant.  It implies terraforming.  Or I guess you could say terramorphing.  Ya, I like that, the terramorph!

Why stop at life forms?  the engineers had technologies that could actually change the land-scape of entire planets with terramorphs.  It is a great addition to the engineer lore.

I also like the idea that the Deacon/Mountain has something to do with terraforming. It raises the idea that the other skull head pyramids might have been living organisms at one point, and I kind of love that.

I really hope a future comic or novel can come back to all this and give us a more satisfying wrap-up.

Immortan Jonesy

What a great idea! like fossils of an organic and sentient building-like-creature.

Corporal Hicks

RidgeTop took me a load of pictures of the concept art.

The Old One

The Old One

Of all, 14 is a decent design for a adult version.

Monster Man

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Apr 18, 2019, 07:52:27 AM
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/IwTaNvd"><a href="//imgur.com/IwTaNvd"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RidgeTop took me a load of pictures of the concept art.

Man, everytime I see the potential of what could have been it only makes me more bitter. Sure it delegates the Deacon to another aggro creature killing everything that moves, but what more do you need? Maybe in another timeline.

But where do these concepts come from? I don't remember them in the omnibus.

Corporal Hicks

They're in the back of the hardback collection.

Ultramorph

If we got unused Alien 3 scripts adapted, maybe one day we'll get the original Fire and Stone.

Monster Man

Monster Man

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 18, 2019, 02:33:17 PM
If we got unused Alien 3 scripts adapted, maybe one day we'll get the original Fire and Stone.

In theory couldn't they just make a Deacon the antagonist to a book? Prometheus and Covenant are old news with the third prequel being a 50/50 I don't think there'd be any problems legally, right?

SM

Possibly.  They avoided using the Deacon so not to tread on Covenant.  Unless they plan to use it at another film, the Deacon could be re-used at some point.

Monster Man

Quote from: SM on Apr 23, 2019, 11:55:00 PM
Possibly.  They avoided using the Deacon so not to tread on Covenant.  Unless they plan to use it at another film, the Deacon could be re-used at some point.

This would be a nice thing, give newer creatures a chance to shine while throwing in a few of their own twists to the story. Vanilla Xeno's are good an all but you gotta give the newer talent some opportunities.

It's unfortunate we couldn't have something like this --
Spoiler
[close]

SM

We may, yet.

The Old One

The Old One

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed