AvP Retribution (AVP REDEMPTION prequel)

Started by alexpj19, Jan 06, 2017, 09:36:33 PM

Author
AvP Retribution (AVP REDEMPTION prequel) (Read 14,840 times)

alexpj19

alexpj19

Hey AVP Galaxy,
this is Alex Popov (director of AVP:RedemptioN), im thinking of doing a prequel to my AVPRN film and will be lunching a indyGoGo campaign in a few month. We have an awesome little story planned that leads to the events of AVPRN. hopefully the fans will back us up and in return we will delivery a cinematic story that caters the fans of the franchise and not the studio execs.
Just want to hear your thoughts.

Samhain13

Samhain13

You are better at making AVP movies than Fox. They should be ashamed of themselves.
Loved the fights and the classic alien design on your movie, if you had been in Paul Anderson or the Strauses place fans could have gotten the AVP movie they waited for years.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Redemption was great. I'm about to rewatch it thanks to this post.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

I've watched Redemption multiple times and I still give it a watch every now and then. Such a fun fan film. Well done, sir.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Thanks guys! its good to see that AVPRN is alive and well among  fan community! If I end up pulling the trigger on a prequel, I guarantee its gonna be another fan favorite! :)
Spread the word and post your thoughts, I would love to hear them!
Meanwhile check out some teasers for the current project im wrapping up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYb63M6bKV0&spfreload=10

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Welcome back, Alex! Was meaning to reply to your email but since you're on here!

I'm eager to see more and we'd happily support your campaign. I'd be wary of crowdfunding at the minute though. I've no idea how Fox would react considering the ongoing stuff with the Star Trek fanfilm, Axanar.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Thanks c. Hicks! from what know its not illigal, but im totally at the mercy of Fox on that. If the campaign flies under radar than it is what it is, if not and i get shut down, the funds will be redirected to an original film that has the similar vibe to satisfy a sci-fi fans cravings. That would be my plan "B" which already has an awesome outline of the story!

Darkness

Darkness

I still consider Redemption to be the best ever fan film this community has ever seen so I'd obviously be interested in a sequel. I thought you were slowly working on it unofficially since you showed off some renders a while ago. 

alexpj19

alexpj19

Thanks Darkness! Since those renders there was no further work done on it, its a brand new start at this point.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: alexpj19 on Jan 09, 2017, 09:02:17 PM
Thanks c. Hicks! from what know its not illigal, but im totally at the mercy of Fox on that. If the campaign flies under radar than it is what it is, if not and i get shut down, the funds will be redirected to an original film that has the similar vibe to satisfy a sci-fi fans cravings. That would be my plan "B" which already has an awesome outline of the story!

It's not illegal, there's just some heat on it at the minute. I know Predator: Dark Ages managed to fund a campaign through crowd sourcing but they struggled quite a lot.

I'd be very happy to back your AvP campaign myself and I'd definitely support you with Galaxy but I don't imagine folk would be too happy if they're paying money to see an Alien vs. Predator film and it turns into something else.  :-\

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah,  like Alien Identity. I can't remember if they changed the project before or after the kickstarfer. Felt like that was the plan from the start. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

They didn't get to the funding part for Alien: Identity. Fox C&Ded them before they got that far.

oduodu

oduodu

Is AVP Redemption on youtube or must you pay for it?

Samhain13

Samhain13

Its on youtube.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Enjoy!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed