Shower Scene

Started by germanator2, Dec 29, 2016, 05:02:14 PM

Author
Shower Scene (Read 30,226 times)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Dec 29, 2016, 07:59:35 PM
I think the scene looks quite scary. The hand being pressed against the glass has invoked more horror in me than every alien movie after aliens combined

I wish they wouldn't have shown it yet. I agree it could've been a very scary scene, but now it loses it's impact by knowing how it's going to play out. Well, for the most part that is.

Ragonk_Force

Ragonk_Force

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 29, 2016, 08:13:02 PM
I think the scene looks quite scary. The hand being pressed against the glass has invoked more horror in me than every alien movie after aliens combined

I wish they wouldn't have shown it yet. I agree it could've been a very scary scene, but now it loses it's impact by knowing how it's going to play out. Well, for the most part that is.
You dont know how its gonna play out though, what they showed is probably a fraction of it

Mustangjeff

Mustangjeff

Quote from: Ragonk_Force on Dec 29, 2016, 08:24:21 PM

You dont know how its gonna play out though, what they showed is probably a fraction of it

szkoki

szkoki

i dont expect anything from this lame ass scene they choosed to be the pinnacle of the trailer

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Dec 29, 2016, 08:31:10 PM

hmm Jazz hands.... the engineers do use music with their tech and those looong alien fingers could play a mean saxophone. That or they could be used to grab tits.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 29, 2016, 08:39:26 PM
i dont expect anything from this lame ass scene they choosed to be the pinnacle of the trailer

I actually thought it was a really cool/creepy shot of the barely visible alien with its hands on the glass, very effective. Also the tail harkens back to Lambert of course. I'm very interested to see how the scene plays out fully.

echobbase79

echobbase79

We know that one of the characters gets killed. That's a enough to spoil it for me.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Just a heads up guys... by the time the film is actually released the marketing will have revealed/spoiled most the film.

So if being spoiled or knowing things about Covenant is going to effect your enjoyment of the final product, just quit watching and reading about it, go into the theater clean. Otherwise prepare to know ahead of time what is going to happen.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Quote from: szkoki on Dec 29, 2016, 08:39:26 PM

I don't understand why it's so lame.

It's a naked couple making out in the shower.  Lots of movies have scenes like this.  Dramas, comedies, etc, you name it.  But this being a horror movie, there's a reason that tropes like this exist.

It's not even out of place for Alien -

Alien:  Ripley's striptease in the shuttle
Aliens:  Chaste enough 
Alien 3:  implied sex between Ripley/Clemens (if they showed it would it be exploitation?)
Alien Resurrection:  bare buttocks shown, a pointless scene maybe
AVP:  Chaste, except for the joke about a condom
AVPR:  a few lingering shots on half naked women but that's all
Prometheus:  another implied sex scene

But this being a ship full of COUPLES, I fully expect something like this.  They would remiss not to.

juxtapose

juxtapose

. . Who is the girl. .i have heard many say it's callie hernandez. . But how can anyone be sure with the blood, shower and darkness going on?. . I fear this might be her exit. .whomever she is. .

Infected

Infected

The tail looks more reptilian btw

And for the people asking why do they need to have sex during this, maybe at this point they thought the shit was over, and the xeno really pops up at the end.

Robot6

Robot6

The hand indeed! I couldn't help but be reminded of the aliens in 'Arrival' when I saw that scene! That protomorph certainly has some perv-claws to boot!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: shawsbaby on Dec 29, 2016, 06:03:17 PM
Doesn't look to me like some raucous sex scene. Looks romantic and comforting, which is believable to me under duress.

Again, I'm sure it'll make sense in the context of the entire film. I don't think they tossed in a cheap sex and death scene for kicks when the rest of the film appears so grim.

What do they always say about sex being life reaffirming? But yeah, we're being given this scene without the context. It might seem silly and tropey on the face of it but we don't know how this fits in. We don't know if these particular guys are aware there's an Alien running about on the ship.

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

I thought it was a mix of AVPR pool scene and Alien goes though the Window with a "booo" ::)

SiL

SiL

It's even got the generic killer-POV-stalking-around-the-corner-behind-them shot.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed