Predator: The Original Comics Series - Concrete Jungle and Other Stories

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 28, 2016, 05:50:12 PM

Author
Predator: The Original Comics Series - Concrete Jungle and Other Stories (Read 6,461 times)

Corporal Hicks

Celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of one of the great action movies of all time with this collection of original comics sequels to the film.

Before Predator 2 was ever conceived as a film, writer Mark Verheiden and artist Chris Warner created an acclaimed comic-book sequel to Predator that took the alien trophy hunters from the jungles of Central America to the concrete jungle of New York City--where they face Dutch Schaefer's big brother, who's an NYPD detective!

Also included in this volume are Verheiden's two subsequent Predator stories--Cold War, which finds the Predators crash-landed in Siberia, and Dark River, in which the hero of Concrete Jungle traces the path of his younger brother to find out what really happened to him after the events in the movie Predator.

Three now-classic tales in one over-sized, deluxe hard cover volume designed to sit on your bookshelf beside the Aliens 30th Anniversary edition!

Collects Predator: Concrete Jungle (#1-#4), Predator: Cold War (#1-#4), and Predator: Dark River

https://www.amazon.com/Predator-Original-Comics-Concrete-Stories/dp/1506703429/ref=sr_1_47?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1482634225&sr=1-47&keywords=dark+horse+comics&tag=avp0b-20

Thanks to HuDa for sending over.

Russ840

Nice. Ill be getting this.  Now please lets get the original Aliens Versus Predator in the same format. 

Corporal Hicks

I'd prefer a special edition where it's been entirely recoloured by Wes Dzioba!

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 28, 2016, 08:21:41 PM

Oh I would say that being recoloured is a must.

Recoloured and in this large format

Predator_Spirit

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 28, 2016, 08:25:43 PM

I keep bugging Randey Stradley about it on Facebook. Join me! https://www.facebook.com/Randy-Stradley-Dark-Horse-120655541332514/posts_to_page?ref=page_internal

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 30, 2016, 07:54:08 PM
Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 28, 2016, 08:25:43 PM

I keep bugging Randey Stradley about it on Facebook. Join me! https://www.facebook.com/Randy-Stradley-Dark-Horse-120655541332514/posts_to_page?ref=page_internal

Done and done. Hopefully he takes note lol. I half expect a reprint of some variety is coming either way.

Whiskeybrewer

They really are showing the love to the original series now. Its fantastic :)

btw did they ever reveal what happened to Dutch in the comics? i know one thing that was said was a massive lie
and did big bro ever reappear after Dark River?

Corporal Hicks

I think Schaefer disappeared after Dark River. And Dutch, I honestly can't remember mention of him outside Concrete Jungle.

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 30, 2016, 08:59:59 PM

Done and done. Hopefully he takes note lol. I half expect a reprint of some variety is coming either way.

Thanks. Everyone else join in!

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 03, 2017, 01:25:21 PM
I think Schaefer disappeared after Dark River. And Dutch, I honestly can't remember mention of him outside Concrete Jungle.

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 30, 2016, 08:59:59 PM

Thanks. Everyone else join in!

I think they was mention of Dutch during Dark River, which leads to the end

Prez

Nice. Thanks Hicks (for replying so soon to my other post).

Completely missed seeing this announcement. I think I might need to get this! I have the original volume 1 trade (first print run) in my collection.

dragonthingy

I already have the Omnibus collections, but I might MIGHT get this if its gorgeously recoloured.

Dreadlock Holiday

Thanks to the omnibus I've just read these again for the first time since their original release. 3 cracking comics.
I think my favourite was Concrete Jungle.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: dragonthingy on Feb 14, 2017, 11:16:08 PM
I already have the Omnibus collections, but I might MIGHT get this if its gorgeously recoloured.

It probably won't be re-colored as far as I know. Have you checked out the Aliens 30th Anniversary re-release or the Fire & Stone fancy pantz hardcover?  The larger format is a wonderful way to experience these stories, I definitely recommend them.

VanXant

no sale. already have the signed hardback from ways back, thought there'd be a bit more special content this time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed