Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant's New Composer!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 09:02:04 AM

Author
Jed Kurzel is Alien: Covenant's New Composer! (Read 29,550 times)

Evanus

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 05, 2017, 03:41:17 AM
So I understand that Marc Streitenfeld did the score for Prometheus but Harry Gregson-Williams did two supplemental tracks.  He did "Life" and "We Were Right".

I quite like the score for Prometheus, btw, it sounds haunting and mysterious which fits the film very well.  I'm a bit disappointed they didn't get Mark Streitenfeld back, as I like the theme for the Engineers particularly.
I'm pretty sure that particular theme was written by Harry Gregson Williams. It's only in his two tracks. But I agree, I really like that theme too.

Ingwar

Ingwar

Great theme! It's Life by Harry Gregson Williams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1EeYB8Aog0

jdxmoore

I love Life by HGW. It really captures the wonder of space and the big idea of Prometheus IMO.

I hope we get a nod to this somewhere in the Covenant soundtrack. It'd be one small way of bridging from Prometheus and insuring some continuity.

Scorpio

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 05, 2017, 02:00:11 PM
So I understand that Marc Streitenfeld did the score for Prometheus but Harry Gregson-Williams did two supplemental tracks.  He did "Life" and "We Were Right".

I quite like the score for Prometheus, btw, it sounds haunting and mysterious which fits the film very well.  I'm a bit disappointed they didn't get Mark Streitenfeld back, as I like the theme for the Engineers particularly.
I'm pretty sure that particular theme was written by Harry Gregson Williams. It's only in his two tracks. But I agree, I really like that theme too.

That's not the one I was talking about, it's the music you first hear during the Engineer sacrifice scene.

Evanus

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 05, 2017, 08:31:32 PM

That's not the one I was talking about, it's the music you first hear during the Engineer sacrifice scene.
That's the music I was talking about as well.  ???
You mean this music, right?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzI3AdpA9e4

Scorpio

Quote from: Evanus on Feb 05, 2017, 08:42:41 PM

No it start at about 0:50 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpJr7_5Mjg&t=66s

It's like a low humming or chanting chorus sound.

Evanus

Quote from: Scorpio on Feb 06, 2017, 12:18:05 AM
Quote from: Evanus on Feb 05, 2017, 08:42:41 PM

No it start at about 0:50 seconds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHpJr7_5Mjg&t=66s

It's like a low humming or chanting chorus sound.
Ah, I see. That part is by Marc Streitenfeld, indeed. Sounds very haunting, I like it!

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

https://mobile.twitter.com/MusicEditorcouk/status/828181968923799552       

Quote@MusicEditorcouk
@scottEweinberg yes indeed he did. A different choice for The Alien franchise but working out extremely well.

*Added quote. Hicks

Ingwar

I wish we could hear some sample of it. So far the score is the biggest mystery of this film for me.

Corporal Hicks

I imagine we'll get to hear some of it before hand. They usually have some previews with the retail pages.

SiL

His score for Macbeth was good for about ten minutes, but just sounded the same the whole friggin' way through and it just really annoyed me by the end.

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Feb 09, 2017, 10:12:53 AM
His score for Macbeth was good for about ten minutes, but just sounded the same the whole friggin' way through and it just really annoyed me by the end.

I had the same impression but I like Turn Hell Hound. Have to listen to the whole soundtrack once again.

I wonder if they're going to use some parts from Jerry Goldsmith's score, especially the main theme. It would be cool. This theme for me is important part of Alien universe DNA.

SiL

There are two or three good tracks. The opening title I really like, Turn Hell Around and the soundscapes are nice, but on the whole it's a lot of whiny sounding violin and it grates. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Ingwar

Quote from: SiL on Feb 09, 2017, 11:37:40 AM
There are two or three good tracks. The opening title I really like, Turn Hell Around and the soundscapes are nice, but on the whole it's a lot of whiny sounding violin and it grates. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

Just finished listening to whole score again. It's ... boring. What a snoozefest. But I liked few tracks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed