New Alien: Covenant Production Still Shows Covenant's Cryo-Storage

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 20, 2016, 02:18:02 PM

Author
New Alien: Covenant Production Still Shows Covenant's Cryo-Storage (Read 16,709 times)

Necronomicon II

Yup, I see one cryo inactive...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2016, 03:13:38 PM
As with 'Prometheus', any technological inconsistances are going to be with how things square up with the "state of the badass art" Sulaco and Gateway Station, not the Nostromo.

Remember, if this is a colony ship, we have to believe it's going to be a more primitive version of what later transported the future residents of Hadley's Hope.

Personally I think these look less advanced than the Sulaco or the Nostromo. They just look shiny because they've likely only been used once or twice.

Lonely Universe

Pff. Because a hundred years from now we'll still be using satin nickel drawer handles. They're not even ergonomically designed.

Necronomicon II

Geeze, it's a single still, we haven't seen them in action, reminds me a lot of Alien: Isolation actually.

Parker

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2016, 03:21:29 PM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Dec 20, 2016, 03:13:38 PM
As with 'Prometheus', any technological inconsistances are going to be with how things square up with the "state of the badass art" Sulaco and Gateway Station, not the Nostromo.

Remember, if this is a colony ship, we have to believe it's going to be a more primitive version of what later transported the future residents of Hadley's Hope.

Personally I think these look less advanced than the Sulaco or the Nostromo. They just look shiny because they've likely only been used once or twice.

That's a very good point Hicks.  Not to get sidetracked, but was I the only one that didn't realize the new Blade Runner movie was coming out next year?  Talk about an early Christmas present!

Predatorium

Predatorium

so isn't the numbers just Time: 13:01 day/month: december(12) 6th and year: 2104  ? At the same time as being a microsecond countdown? :P

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 20, 2016, 03:05:20 PM
Also - has anyone noticed that one of the cryochambers isn't active?

Spoiler
Might be the Captain's (Daniel's husband) one I suppose.

I remember the animated version of this image had a lot of electrical flashing going on, might be during the storm when the Captain dies.

[close]

Ingwar

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 20, 2016, 04:31:49 PM

Spoiler
Might be the Captain's (Daniel's husband) one I suppose.

I remember the animated version of this image had a lot of electrical flashing going on, might be during the storm when the Captain dies.

[close]

Yep. You can even see a crack on the cryo screen.

Le Celticant

I fail to see how it looks more advanced than this:

In this regard, I think the nostromo actually looked more advance than many other ship.
The sulaco looked old (but practical for army).

The only thing that stood apart are the switch and buttons and all the technological "integration".
But it's really nothing major, most of the designs felt very advanced and yet practical in Alien.

What didn't feel futuristic are hanger, vents and many places where it's not supposed to be nicely polished and shiny. I think it's rather coherent as a whole for now. There may be different ship constructor and models too. Each one having different engineer/architect. Although, I do regret a lot of "clunky" aspect of the exterior of the ship and the smooth/round/fluffy aspect of the inside.

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

Look into my eye, how in the hell did you manage to find that link. Fair play.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Ingwar on Dec 20, 2016, 03:02:45 PM
Someone wrote that on twitter:

130112062104 = 1.5 days to go
220512052104 = 2.5 days to go

I hope so. I'm not sure I could cope with waiting until Christmas day.

Also the first one does not have the "CAUTION - MOVING PARTS" at the bottom??

Jigsaw85

Yup, they look like hanging laundry. ;D

Ingwar

Quote from: Le Celticant on Dec 20, 2016, 04:43:15 PM
I fail to see how it looks more advanced than this:

https://aambar.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/pics-1.png

In this regard, I think the nostromo actually looked more advance than many other ship.

Nostromo was a space tractor and had only seven passengers aboard that's why its cryo-chamber was big. They could afford it. Covenant is a colony ship with (probably) hundreds people. For that reason its cryo-chamber looks simple, functional and practical.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed