New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022

Started by MajorB, Dec 17, 2016, 10:15:41 PM

Author
New Guardian interview with Sigourney Says Alien 5 Happening by 2022 (Read 5,974 times)

Xenomorphine

Interesting. Could just be the author's supposition from having done some Internet research without consulting her. No relevant supporting quotes.

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 18, 2016, 04:45:31 AM
I'd love to see Blomkamp make an 'ALIENS' movie; but it would have to be a significant departure from the current proposal.

Nobody knows what the proposal even involves. There haven't been any verified leaks, outside of Weaver mentioning she felt the way which it initially brings back Ripley/Hicks was somehow innovative.

So long as the end result is fun and entertaining, I'm willing to give it a chance. Certainly, Blomkamp's been the only potential helmer of an 'Alien' film, in a very long time, to reinforce how important returning Giger's psychosexuality is to the series, instead of just wanting them to stomp around and eat folks for cheap, predictable scares. That and the fact he's said he'd be actively aiming to present it in the visual style of 'Alien Isolation', makes me very interested to see what he could deliver.

Could be crap, like any project could, but still definitely has potential.

windebieste

Bringing back Ripley, Hicks and Newt is the core of the proposal and it's the most retarded lightweight soft cock fan fiction content any dropkick brain dead jelly head fanboy could come up with.

Of course it has to go.  Ditch that shit now and you've got a deal.

More 'ALIEN 3' brutaility and less Ripley can never die! 'ALIEN: Fanwank'.  Please.

-Windebieste.

BishopShouldGo

That's what makes movies fun. I love Indy and McClane, but I don't want those guys to die and don't expect them to. I still enjoy the first three entries of both of those franchise anyway.

After the trio get Neill's send-off, then we can resume exploring different characters a'la what Ridley is doing. Heck, adult Newt might as well be considered a new character anyway. 

windebieste

May as well just have... New characters.  lol.

-Windebieste.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 21, 2016, 12:49:26 AM
More 'ALIEN 3' brutaility and less Ripley can never die! 'ALIEN: Fanwank'.  Please.

Spoiler
This so much!

[close]

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: windebieste on Dec 21, 2016, 02:09:07 AM
May as well just have... New characters.  lol.

-Windebieste.

You're in luck. Alien Covenant comes out next May!

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 21, 2016, 02:02:55 AMI love Indy and McClane, but I don't want those guys to die and don't expect them to. I still enjoy the first three entries of both of those franchise anyway.

So basically, you're saying stopped liking those series after they decided to bring them back years later with a revival entry. Hmmm...

SM

I've heard complaints about McClane in that in later films he's almost become a super-hero versus the ordinary cop of earlier entries.

Indy, however, I dunno why people whinge...

SiL

He has turned into everything he was remarkable for not being.

HuDaFuK

It really didn't help that Bruce Willis clearly gave no f*cks in the last movie.

Possibly the worst big-budget franchise entry I've ever seen.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 21, 2016, 01:58:08 PM
Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 21, 2016, 02:02:55 AMI love Indy and McClane, but I don't want those guys to die and don't expect them to. I still enjoy the first three entries of both of those franchise anyway.

So basically, you're saying stopped liking those series after they decided to bring them back years later with a revival entry. Hmmm...

Ah nice, missing the point! :D

426Buddy

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 22, 2016, 04:17:41 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 21, 2016, 01:58:08 PM

Ah nice, missing the point! :D

Seems like he made a good point of his own though.

BishopShouldGo

Not at all, not at all. The quality of those latter movies had, lol, nothing to do with the characters surviving. Awful point.

Xenomania

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 24, 2016, 09:20:05 PM
Not at all, not at all. The quality of those latter movies had, lol, nothing to do with the characters surviving. Awful point.
So, even bringing back the good ol' characters didn't save them? ;)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BishopShouldGo on Dec 24, 2016, 09:20:05 PMNot at all, not at all. The quality of those latter movies had, lol, nothing to do with the characters surviving. Awful point.

My "awful point" was that bringing back those characters after so many years just for the sake of it, an idea you seem to think is so crucial with Alien 5, did literally nothing to stop those films being crap.

Although to be honest, my point was more like an observation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed