"Walter’s More of a Straightforward Robot" - Michael Fassbender Talks Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 13, 2016, 11:28:27 PM

Author
"Walter’s More of a Straightforward Robot" - Michael Fassbender Talks Alien: Covenant's New Synthetic (Read 20,574 times)

Valaquen

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 14, 2016, 12:35:36 PM
David is really the star and main interest of these prequels.

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 14, 2016, 12:17:52 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Dec 14, 2016, 12:04:49 PM
Wonder why they went straight to W for Walter's name, then giving him a name that starts with a letter E to continue the alphabet tradition of naming the robots in the Alien universe?

David Giler
Walter Hill

ring a bell?

I really hope that this was a deliberate pattern. I'm dying for someone to ask Scott or Logan or whoever.

We'll know for sure if there's an android called Gordon in the next movie  :laugh:

Kimo

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 14, 2016, 12:17:52 PM
Quote from: Kimo on Dec 14, 2016, 12:04:49 PM
Wonder why they went straight to W for Walter's name, then giving him a name that starts with a letter E to continue the alphabet tradition of naming the robots in the Alien universe?

David Giler
Walter Hill

ring a bell?

Ha, Yes it does the producers ect ect.. But why would they break tradition with Walter? Mmmm not all the Actors on Covenant have been named yet, or what roles they will play. So I'm hoping one of them starts with a E and is in fact a robot to carry on the tradition. Elizabeth Shaw not counting for obvious reasons unless David turns her in to that crazy arse woman robot from the end of Superman 3 with his magic goo lol.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 13, 2016, 11:59:11 PM
So I guess Walter must be a prelude of some kind to future Kane models?

The "Kane" models always were a bit adventurous, sticking their heads into eggs and such.

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Dec 14, 2016, 12:47:21 AM
I see that Walter is dark-haired, while David had a lighter hair color even before he dyed it blonde.

But as we haven't seen any behind-the-scenes shots of David yet, I wonder if he has gone 'native' on the 'Paradise' planet...and is now bald?!  ;D

I think if most of the screen time was devoted to Walter, it would have been easier to wear a wig for the David scenes while just using his real haircut for the Walter scenes. Less time in the make-up chair.

BringbackJonesy!

@ The Eighth Passenger - but on the other hand, maybe Fassbender (and 'David') are now bald in this, and that's a wig he's wearing for 'Walter'...  ;)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Nah, we saw quite a few Fassie paparazzi shots during production in Sydney. He had the same short and dark hairstyle as Walter after hours. Even when he was surfing which rules out a wig.

motherfather

I think the fact that Walter is more straight forward could be his downfall.

Unless the upgraded Walter can do some neat tricks David can't.

There were reports of either multiple robots or Davids (can't remember), but I have a feeling we'll see somebody whose name begins with "E" - either created in the image of Elizabeth Shaw, or somebody/something else.

+/- some David-created abomination that is neither human, nor android.

Kimo

In an alternative universe, if the film Species never existed, I could see Elizabeth Shaw becoming H.R Gigars Sil after davids experiments, with the black goo.

Kitten Jonesy

Damn Fassbender looks ripped in that photo! Maybe from all the training for his role in Ass Creed?

szkoki

Ingwar

Kitten Jonesy

@szkoki
the set photo attached to the news post, look at his arm.

echobbase79

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 14, 2016, 01:37:58 PM
Quote from: echobbase79 on Dec 13, 2016, 11:59:11 PM
So I guess Walter must be a prelude of some kind to future Kane models?

The "Kane" models always were a bit adventurous, sticking their heads into eggs and such.

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Dec 14, 2016, 12:47:21 AM
I see that Walter is dark-haired, while David had a lighter hair color even before he dyed it blonde.

But as we haven't seen any behind-the-scenes shots of David yet, I wonder if he has gone 'native' on the 'Paradise' planet...and is now bald?!  ;D

I think if most of the screen time was devoted to Walter, it would have been easier to wear a wig for the David scenes while just using his real haircut for the Walter scenes. Less time in the make-up chair.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with me! I'm not doing this on purpose. Ash...Ash models?

D88M

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kitten Jonesy on Dec 14, 2016, 10:57:48 PM
@szkoki
the set photo attached to the news post, look at his arm.

Robots have to do a lot of heavy lifting after all!

Ingwar

Servant Walter without ego vs unleashed David with God complex. Epicness at its best!

I still wonder how David's head is gonna be attached to his body. Shaw will do it? He will use Engineer's technology?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed