PS1,Gamecube (1995-2000)
4 (57.1%)
PS2,XBOX (2000-2007)
2 (28.6%)
PS3'XBOX 360(2007-2014)
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author
Which gaming era was the best? (Read 2,494 times)

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea I'm going to have to disagree on the N64 revolutionizing anything. Don't get me wrong, it was a good system & had some good games for sure (Mario 64, Ocarina of Time) but I don't think it holds up well today & in my opinion, Super Nintendo is still better & has a much better selection of games. N64 is still cool though. It may have just revolutionized 3D gaming but not gaming as a whole.

Shinawi

Shinawi

I remember my friend's early simulation game:

And this early FPS game was one of the first to have realistic sound effects:

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Wolfenstein is awesome. I don't normally like FPS games but I've always enjoyed the old Wolfenstein & Doom's. I still play them on PC even today. More so mods than the original versions now though. Some Doom mods are fantastic. I've been spending most of my day trying to beat Ninja Gaiden on NES. Dragged my old CRT TV into my room today & hooked up the ol' NES. Still works just fine  :) I've gone through 3 PS3's so far with 2 of them having the bluray lens die rendering them useless for games besides the ones I have downloaded through the store on them.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The main thing the N64 revolutionised was multiplayer FPS gaming, with GoldenEye.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2016, 09:19:40 AM
The main thing the N64 revolutionised was multiplayer FPS gaming, with GoldenEye.

And even then, 4 player multiplayer on the same system/same screen died with the N64 as no one seems to do co-op multiplayer on same system anymore. I wish more games would go back to doing it so I could actually play a game with a friend that comes over to visit. I personally hate online multiplayer and never use it. Last time I even tried multiplayer was with 2010's AVP & I was bored with the death matches within 15mins. Typical death matches I have 0 interest in, only co-op story campaign.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: XenoZipper on Nov 28, 2016, 05:34:47 PMAnd even then, 4 player multiplayer on the same system/same screen died with the N64 as no one seems to do co-op multiplayer on same system anymore. I wish more games would go back to doing it so I could actually play a game with a friend that comes over to visit.

I hear this. I really miss offline multiplayer. I disagree that it died with the N64, because it was still fairly strong on the PS2 (TimeSplitters ftw), but since then as a concept it seems to have been largely abandoned.

I got my hopes up when Resistance 2 came out on the PS3 - that had offline multiplayer, offline co-op, online multiplayer, online co-op and even the ability for two players to play co-op on the same console with other people online, both using their own accounts to track progress. From a technical standpoint, it was without doubt the most complete multiplayer setup I've ever come across. Sadly since that superb example of the craft, the entire idea seems to have died a death.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 28, 2016, 05:48:26 PM
Quote from: XenoZipper on Nov 28, 2016, 05:34:47 PMAnd even then, 4 player multiplayer on the same system/same screen died with the N64 as no one seems to do co-op multiplayer on same system anymore. I wish more games would go back to doing it so I could actually play a game with a friend that comes over to visit.

I hear this. I really miss offline multiplayer. I disagree that it died with the N64, because it was still fairly strong on the PS2 (TimeSplitters ftw), but since then as a concept it seems to have been largely abandoned.

I got my hopes up when Resistance 2 came out on the PS3 - that had offline multiplayer, offline co-op, online multiplayer, online co-op and even the ability for two players to play co-op on the same console with other people online, both using their own accounts to track progress. From a technical standpoint, it was without doubt the most complete multiplayer setup I've ever come across. Sadly since that superb example of the craft, the entire idea seems to have died a death.
I think splitscreen died when the ps3 came out

FiorinaFury161

Quote from: Master Chief on Nov 22, 2016, 10:12:26 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2016, 08:49:56 AM
What about before the 90s?  :o
Yeah! I grew up in the 80s!

For the question, I'm going with the PS1 era.  Metal Gear Solid changed the game!
THIS.

Quote from: Shinawi on Nov 25, 2016, 06:52:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8o0a5ntxfc
Awesome game, def. a nostalgic classic for me too! (Same goes for the PC Doom game)

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 23, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
I'd probably go with PS2, although the N64 will always be dear to me!
Me too, me too. Still play my 64 weekly, and if my brother is home, the Sega Genesis is played nightly.

Jeri

Jeri

Ps2

Flatout
Destroy all humans 1&2
SW Battlefront 1&2
Punisher
Killszone
Spider man 2
SW epi. 3
Lego Star wars 1&2
Transformers Armada
Predator concrete jungle

Lol keep forgetting the other games I played..

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Jeri on Jan 02, 2017, 07:08:17 AM
Ps2

Flatout
Destroy all humans 1&2
SW Battlefront 1&2
Punisher
Killszone
Spider man 2
SW epi. 3
Lego Star wars 1&2
Transformers Armada
Predator concrete jungle

Lol keep forgetting the other games I played..
PS2 was the best.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed