Cinematographer Larry Fong to Shoot Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’.

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Nov 21, 2016, 07:42:51 PM

Author
Cinematographer Larry Fong to Shoot Shane Black’s ‘The Predator’. (Read 11,366 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Quote   I have learned that Cinematographer Larry Fong has been hired as cinematographer for Shane Black's The Predator. This is great news for the upcoming reboot/sequel to the iconic 1987 sci-fi film Predator. More details on Fong and the production, after the jump.

Larry Fong is best known for being the director of photography for Zack Snyder's films. He came up with the Bad Robot guys, having been part of the infamous Super 8 film festival where he met JJ Abrams. He was director of photography for Abrams' pilot episode of Lost, for which he was nominated for an ASC Award. Fong went on to lens eight more episodes in the popular television series.

In films, he made a name for himself on Snyder's films, including 300, Watchmen, Sucker Punch and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. He also worked on Abrams' Super 8, Louis Leterrier's Now You See Me and the upcoming Kong: Skull Island. The trailer for that film came out last week, with many people pointing out Fong's stunning cinematography.   

http://www.slashfilm.com/larry-fong-the-predator/ 

Johnny Handsome

Loooove Super 8 and it's photography, very cool news 8)

Predator_Spirit

Stealth_Hunter

Very happy about this!

It might indicate that Shane is serious about making this an "event" film. Looking at Fong's recent work (which has fantastic visuals), it's evident that he's no stranger to big blockbusters.

Also just good to see the film gaining more traction.

hfeldhaus

This is a great choice, best thing that has been announced about this film so far. Just need an Arnie confirmation now.

Daz1999

Very good news, the recently released Kong footage looks beautiful, can't wait to see his work on The Predator

Shasvre

Seems like a solid choice. The Skull Island trailer looked neat enough. :)

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm, here hoping it works out

Hmm?

How is Larry an odd choice, P. Spirit?

Kronnang_Dunn

"Super Punch"? is "SUCKER Punch"...  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Hmm? on Nov 22, 2016, 03:53:23 AM

Because Larry's involvement means we'll get fully CGI Predators?  :P

I'm pleased with the news. In terms of visuals, I'm loved a lot of what he has done before. Watchman is also probably one of my favourite films.

Johnny Handsome

He's not an "odd choice" at all, he's a top notch blockbuster cinematographer, i especially like his Spielberg touch he gave Super 8, that looked really cinematic and beautiful.

For me, easily the best news so far casting wise, and the guy is certainly not on the cheap side.

hfeldhaus

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 22, 2016, 12:01:02 PM
He's not an "odd choice" at all, he's a top notch blockbuster cinematographer, i especially like his Spielberg touch he gave Super 8, that looked really cinematic and beautiful.

For me, easily the best news so far casting wise, and the guy is certainly not on the cheap side.

Yep, this appointment sends a message to the fans. I'm confident Black can write an entertaining script and Fong is a big time picture painter. Pretty great duo.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2016, 08:44:30 AM

Because Larry's involvement means we'll get fully CGI Predators?  :P

I'm pleased with the news. In terms of visuals, I'm loved a lot of what he has done before. Watchman is also probably one of my favourite films.

Watchmen is a classic in my book. It's the sole reason I give Snyder a bit of slack. I'm waiting for him to repeat that triumph.

Predator_Spirit

I'm quite surprised by the kind of visual style chosen for the movie.We'll have to wait for the trailer to find out if it was a good call.

SiL

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Nov 22, 2016, 07:19:52 PM

I'm quite surprised by the kind of visual style chosen for the movie.We'll have to wait for the trailer to find out if it was a good call.
We don't know the visual style. Fong had made movies with a variety of different looks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed